PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 5020i drum life end

Custom Search

jwai
05-05-2022, 11:27 AM
Hi,

One customer has 5020i which printed 14K.
Few days ago they called replace drum message displayed, I checked that life and 43% remaining, restarted machine and it worked fine.
This day they called again this same issue, I tried to reset the life to 100% and it can be printed again.

What the reason about that? Thanks a lot.

tsbservice
05-05-2022, 12:03 PM
Maybe Firmware anomaly, try latest.

Gift
05-05-2022, 03:03 PM
Hi,

Few days ago they called replace drum message displayed, I checked that life and 43% remaining, restarted machine and it worked fine.
This day they called again this same issue, I tried to reset the life to 100% and it can be printed again.

perhaps something is wrong with the drum chip or the contacts

Gift
05-05-2022, 03:14 PM
Hi,

tsbservice
05-05-2022, 04:03 PM

No drum chip on this model.

occus
05-06-2022, 07:39 AM
Are you shure that's the right allert message? Do you have seen this with your own eyes?
14k is near to the factory toner capacity (12k i guess) sometime customers can't read the exactly alert message.

This brother device count from 0 to the end 50'000 after you got the alert otherwise it must be a firmware bug..
I have a few in the field but until today i have not seen such behavior.

jwai
05-06-2022, 09:40 AM
Are you shure that's the right allert message? Do you have seen this with your own eyes?
14k is near to the factory toner capacity (12k i guess) sometime customers can't read the exactly alert message.

This brother device count from 0 to the end 50'000 after you got the alert otherwise it must be a firmware bug..
I have a few in the field but until today i have not seen such behavior.

Yes, I saw myself. First visit the machine displayed replace drum alert, I restarted and OK。
Second visit when I got a test print it displayed again after data had been received。
This day I had a visit and cleaned contacts of drum unit and machine side, let's a test。

Gift
05-06-2022, 11:08 AM
No drum chip on this model.

True, this is the brother engine ;)

I know brother can display a "clean drum" message if they detect a HV leakage from the charge corona - using the charge wire cleaner won't hurt

tsbservice
05-06-2022, 05:39 PM
True, this is the brother engine ;)

I know brother can display a "clean drum" message if they detect a HV leakage from the charge corona - using the charge wire cleaner won't hurt

I have hundreds of these Brothers in field and never seen this message prematurely.
@occus, I believe they count drive counts so drum end life(change drum) message will pop up depending on usage - pre or post 50k prints.

tsbservice
05-06-2022, 06:15 PM
Hi,

Aah, now I see it. It has nothing to do with drum life message it's to clear drum charge wire. Teach them how to do it and describe that it's normal and should do it when changing toner or when machine asking.

Custom Search