PDA

View Full Version : Secure print C-E301

Custom Search

REGSIS
05-05-2022, 04:32 PM
Greetings everybody,

I have a bizhub C224 with 30 users using account tracking.
Some of them using secure print output method, and everything were fine until yesterday.

When they send print job it is stored in HDD, but when they input username and password documents are showed and you can hear a short beep and machine and machine restarts. Service call history shows E301.
This applies to all users and all document formats.

HDD internal are OK, and no HDD service call errors occured.
I advised the to change output method to Print and everything was fine afterwards.

Have you got any idea why this started to happen?

tsbservice
05-05-2022, 05:33 PM
Greetings everybody,

I have a bizhub C224 with 30 users using account tracking.
Some of them using secure print output method, and everything were fine until yesterday.

When they send print job it is stored in HDD, but when they input username and password documents are showed and you can hear a short beep and machine and machine restarts. Service call history shows E301.
This applies to all users and all document formats.

HDD internal are OK, and no HDD service call errors occured.
I advised the to change output method to Print and everything was fine afterwards.

Have you got any idea why this started to happen?

Interesting, recently felow tech told me similar problem with C258. I have no idea but out of ideas will just start reflashing firmware and maybe format HDD(not sure about that because you may lost too much information and need to redo all users).
Best wishes.

Synthohol
05-05-2022, 08:07 PM
The latest firmware for the 658e had a fix for E301 codes during secure printing.

This machine may also have a fix, what is the current firmware and level?
You can just hit utility and device information and 2nd page has the firmware version and function level.

Old_Tech
05-05-2022, 10:54 PM
I’ve seen weird things like that when authenticating because the “Enable Advance Print Features” is check marked On in the print driver.

allan
05-06-2022, 02:25 PM
If you don't get secure print fixed there is always ID&Print and user boxes.

REGSIS
05-06-2022, 05:36 PM
The latest firmware for the 658e had a fix for E301 codes during secure printing.

This machine may also have a fix, what is the current firmware and level?
You can just hit utility and device information and 2nd page has the firmware version and function level.

It's an old FW but it was working fine, I had no reasons to update.
They've been using Secure print from day 1, account tracking for last two years. It's not some new, it was working for 2 years in that combination.

REGSIS
05-06-2022, 05:47 PM
Interesting, recently felow tech told me similar problem with C258. I have no idea but out of ideas will just start reflashing firmware and maybe format HDD(not sure about that because you may lost too much information and need to redo all users).
Best wishes.

HDD format is possible option, i backed up address book and authentication data. It can be restored fast.

I wiped secure print document from cache but it didn't help.
I suspect one of the PCs caused the problem (something strange about driver on it) but I don't get how it affects the others. Admin contacted waiting for his action.

I will try their backup data on another machine and see the result.

REGSIS
05-06-2022, 05:50 PM
If you don't get secure print fixed there is always ID&Print and user boxes.

Yeah I know, but the hard part is to teach 30 users how to use it.

REGSIS
05-06-2022, 05:51 PM
I’ve seen weird things like that when authenticating because the “Enable Advance Print Features” is check marked On in the print driver.

Thanks, I will check that.

Custom Search