PDA

View Full Version : c300i won't wake up from energy safe

Custom Search

Gift
05-06-2022, 11:39 AM
Hey folks, I have a C300i that - usually over night - does not wake up from energy saving (even if you try to make a copy, insert something in DF). Tech was there last month and checked the energy saving settings and installed the latest firmware but still this happens regulary. I already confirmed the MFP is connected to a 24/7 outlet (no cenral shutdown). According to the customer the only way to revive the MFP is to pull and plug in the power chord.

Any ideas?

copyman
05-06-2022, 12:18 PM
Hi

Sounds like it's not waking up from sleep mode.

Do you know if tech turned off the sleep mode? You can check this in the Admin mode. If "sleep" is grayed out then "permit" sleep has to be turned on in service mode first. If this is the fix can't believe the new "i" series still has this problem. Kon/Min models had this issue since at least the "4" series. Ten years and still no solution!

kingarthur
05-06-2022, 12:19 PM
Normally when this happens on the Bizhubs, there are 2 settings that need changing "Power consumption in sleep mode" needs to be "Disabled" and "Enter power save mode" needs to be "Normal", apart from that FW

Gift
05-06-2022, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your input and the suggestions - I'll ask my tech if that's the current settings but I'd guess it is since they are well known.

Funny thing is that this MFP won't wake up even if you put an original in DF. I recall the above settings mainly prevent the MFP to loose it's network connection.

mojorolla
05-06-2022, 06:09 PM
Check these settings:
You could also turn it off:

:)

Gift
05-09-2022, 08:30 AM
Check these settings:
You could also turn it off:

:)

Thanks a lot - I just had a talk with the tech and he actually got confused with the setting and wording. He thought that for the power consumption setting "high" does imply it consumes the most power and therefore it's the best setting OMG LOL... He's gonna call the customer and I guess I have to interview the rest of my crew in case noone understands this setting ;):p

Custom Search