PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica minolta c452 fuser gear problem

Custom Search

irokkas
05-07-2022, 07:20 PM
Hello to everyone,

I have a problem with the fuser gear and the gear that giving motion to it.Both of of them are getting ''eaten''.Ι have change both of them 3 times in one month.The fuser on my hand turns smoothly.Maybe its the drive motor that gives motion to fuser.(i have lack of experience on konica minolta machines as a Ricoh copiers technician.)

Thank you in advance for your answers

jwai
05-08-2022, 05:07 AM
Try to add grease on gears.

femaster
05-09-2022, 02:50 AM
That was a common problem with that line of machines. They made revisions to the gear in the fuser to help prevent that from happening. Even with the original style gear though, it would take much longer than a month to wear it out. How many pages are being run through that copier? With wear like that, I'd have to think that thing was running 24-hours a day non-stop.

Are these OEM gears, or are you getting them from a third party? If third party, they may not be made of a strong enough material to prevent the wear. I'd start by doing what the previous poster suggested and adding some silicon or lithium grease to the gears after they are replaced once again.

Albonline
05-09-2022, 04:26 PM
in the training class for this line, when new. the gear makeup was a feature, made of composite Teflon impregnated high density plastic. designed to be self lubing, instead they are self destructive. add a little lube and accelerate the deterioration.

Albonline
05-09-2022, 04:32 PM
in your case id say replace the fusing unit and the gear again. an overly tight fuser will cause this.

femaster
05-10-2022, 01:39 AM
in the training class for this line, when new. the gear makeup was a feature, made of composite Teflon impregnated high density plastic. designed to be self lubing, instead they are self destructive. add a little lube and accelerate the deterioration.

I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly what you wrote. Are you saying that if you add a bit of grease, the gears will wear out faster? I only ask, as we still have a few of these style machines out there. While the gears in ours do wear, it's nothing like the OP is experiencing. We've never had the need to add grease as the gears outlast (barely outlast) the bearings and bushings in the fuser, so generally the fuser is getting replaced before they completely wear out.

allan
05-10-2022, 09:44 AM
Check that the bushings on the machine body side is not worn out. It could be that the mesh distance is just to much.

Albonline
05-10-2022, 12:19 PM
I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly what you wrote. Are you saying that if you add a bit of grease, the gears will wear out faster? I only ask, as we still have a few of these style machines out there. While the gears in ours do wear, it's nothing like the OP is experiencing. We've never had the need to add grease as the gears outlast (barely outlast) the bearings and bushings in the fuser, so generally the fuser is getting replaced before they completely wear out.

Yes they wear faster when you add something to bind all the gear bits together.

Custom Search