PDA

View Full Version : C3350i J-1101 J-1102

Custom Search

allan
05-09-2022, 01:03 PM
Hi guys.

This C3350i machines are driving me mad. Getting paper feed jams where the paper will go past the registration section and jam infront of the fuser giving J-1102. It seem that it does not detect the paper leaving the tray else i get J-1101 where the paper gets stuck at the registration roller.

I have changed out both the feed and registration clutch and the paper feed and registration sensor.
What am i missing here?

Also the on the DF it does not seem to eject the paper completely.

Any help will be appreciated.

Woxner
05-09-2022, 01:29 PM
The df has a bulletin on the exit gear and spring. as far as the feeding goes i have replace the entire feed unit to get rid of the 1102. they had some bad clutchs.

Woxner
05-09-2022, 01:36 PM
here is the bulletin

Woxner
05-09-2022, 01:43 PM
one more for j 1101/2

suomi
05-09-2022, 01:48 PM
one more for j 1101/2

This is the right solution.

elmaligno
05-09-2022, 03:15 PM
one more for j 1101/2
That is the real cause, I am sure about it

Albonline
05-09-2022, 04:17 PM
The df has a bulletin on the exit gear and spring. as far as the feeding goes i have replace the entire feed unit to get rid of the 1102. they had some bad clutchs.

What he said I have tried piecemeal to no avail. the whole unit seems to be the answer.

allan
05-10-2022, 07:25 AM
here is the bulletin

Hey thanks for the bulletin. That one is to fix an image quality issue.
Do you have the one for the paper exit issue? That would be super handy.

allan
05-10-2022, 09:17 AM
Hey thanks a ton for the docs.
Unfortunately not the issue with these 2 machines. The readings are both less than 3K and about 2 years old.
The rubber dampers are in perfect shape.

I don't like the idea of a plastic shaft used on the separation roller assy on tray. It makes a screeching noise when feeding. The separation roller seemed a bit stiff to me, but after changing the limiters and springs the result stayed the same.

Always the small machines that gives me hell. KM can not figure out an A4 footprint machine. Why??

tsbservice
05-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Hey thanks a ton for the docs.
Unfortunately not the issue with these 2 machines. The readings are both less than 3K and about 2 years old.
The rubber dampers are in perfect shape.

I don't like the idea of a plastic shaft used on the separation roller assy on tray. It makes a screeching noise when feeding. The separation roller seemed a bit stiff to me, but after changing the limiters and springs the result stayed the same.

Always the small machines that gives me hell. KM can not figure out an A4 footprint machine. Why??
That's why they desided to go with Brother(bizhub 5020i) :)

suomi
05-10-2022, 12:43 PM
If cushion is OK. Check the spring under idc sensor cover.

allan
05-11-2022, 11:54 AM
So two things that works against it. The plastic shaft on the separation roller wearing down the thinnest of layers and causing friction, grease is working until i can get it replaced. Then the restive registration sensor that is explained by the bulletin to be out of position causing the paper to stop for registration before its past the middle of the roller. Fixed that by sticking another 2mm of padding on top of the perfectly good existing padding.

Arrg its one of those fixes i just can't trust. Well its working for now.

Now just the DF issues where the paper does not get ejected completely.

allan
05-11-2022, 11:59 AM

That option is just to expensive here in ZA. Not paying $300 for that complete part.
Think its the stiff separation roller that makes the clutches fail.

Albonline
05-11-2022, 12:28 PM
That option is just to expensive here in ZA. Not paying $300 for that complete part.
Think its the stiff separation roller that makes the clutches fail.

I agree with you on the df force, the entire i series has very tight double feed prevention systems.

allan
05-11-2022, 02:58 PM
For the DF not ejecting the paper I found that there are 2 metal cam plates that separates the exit driven and driving rollers so that the paper can be removed from the platen side.
The metal plate cams are connected between the exit driven rollers and the flap to remove jams from the bottom. They get bent and worn ever so slightly.
Filed the worn areas and bent them back to shape and seem to be all ok now.

avecosat
07-21-2022, 01:00 PM
one more for j 1101/2
Hi I have a lot of this machine hell with 11 02 jams and if i'm not mistaken the solution is change the cushion ? thanks

techsxge
07-21-2022, 02:24 PM
Definitely going to keep my hands of those machines and blacklist them for sale. The amount of issues with those machines i read on here make my guts say something similar to f-off

allan
07-21-2022, 09:24 PM
Definitely going to keep my hands of those machines and blacklist them for sale. The amount of issues with those machines i read on here make my guts say something similar to f-off

Wise choice. Even if it would work the running cost is still high. Did forgot to mention the touchscreen can go goofy too.

tsbservice
08-10-2022, 07:27 AM
So two things that works against it. The plastic shaft on the separation roller wearing down the thinnest of layers and causing friction, grease is working until i can get it replaced. Then the restive registration sensor that is explained by the bulletin to be out of position causing the paper to stop for registration before its past the middle of the roller. Fixed that by sticking another 2mm of padding on top of the perfectly good existing padding.

Arrg its one of those fixes i just can't trust. Well its working for now.

Now just the DF issues where the paper does not get ejected completely.

Same things here...stupid foams, stupid design, but at least it works...for now :cool:

allan
08-10-2022, 01:30 PM
Same things here...stupid foams, stupid design, but at least it works...for now :cool:

I made double sure the customer knew how to operate the bypass before I left...
The paper feed on this model is a horror.

tsbservice
08-10-2022, 07:14 PM
I made double sure the customer knew how to operate the bypass before I left...
The paper feed on this model is a horror.

As usual KM screwed A4 models. This time they went with their own design instead of borrowing from other manufacturers (also very problematic). You can squeeze 4e A3 series up to several times of parts life before they react dumping developer but at this point you are way ahead, here with C3350/4050i and so on imaging units and toners can fly out diabolically fast not to mention problems like this jamming on fairly new machines with low counter.
The only exception is bizhub 5020i series based on proven Brother model quite bulletproof, easy for customers and service.

allan
08-10-2022, 07:58 PM
As usual KM screwed A4 models. This time they went with their own design instead of borrowing from other manufacturers (also very problematic). You can squeeze 4e A3 series up to several times of parts life before they react dumping developer but at this point you are way ahead, here with C3350/4050i and so on imaging units and toners can fly out diabolically fast not to mention problems like this jamming on fairly new machines with low counter.
The only exception is bizhub 5020i series based on proven Brother model quite bulletproof, easy for customers and service.

Not sure about it. Its got that Muratec smell to it. I am a brother fan. Saying big brother fan sounds wrong.

Custom Search