PDA

View Full Version : C458 scanning issue ??

Custom Search

copyman
05-09-2022, 07:17 PM
I just delivered an off lease Biz C458 to a long time customer. They have several other "4" series and "8" series in office.

Their IT team has never had issues setting up SMB scanning until now with this C458. Only thing they text me was "can't find specified folder, yet the folder does exist and typed same way as all the other copiers in office". They also compared settings to another "8" series and are same.

Wanted to get a little info before calling back. I'm not that well versed in IT stuff. Just an old school tech nearing retirement:o

Thanks in advance for any help / ideas.

tsbservice
05-09-2022, 07:33 PM
Ask them for actual network error code should be in details when you select failed transmission in Job log.
Also confirm firmware version in C458. Let us know.

Woxner
05-09-2022, 07:54 PM
if this is a used mach always start with a network clear in service mode. if they have same folders on other machines just transfer with flash drive. server connection can also mean password error. i get alot of this if network is not reset.

tsbservice
05-09-2022, 08:10 PM
if this is a used mach always start with a network clear in service mode. if they have same folders on other machines just transfer with flash drive. server connection can also mean password error. i get alot of this if network is not reset.

I like that idea we don't do used machines normally but when few comes I tend to Initialize all, maybe network reset is enough.

copyman
05-09-2022, 08:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for replies so far. I had my other IT guy look at it and he said same thing he has no idea what is going on. They both said the web interface page looks different from the other 8 series, usually looks like the 4 series. See attached??

Could it be some security setting, etc is turned on?

Going there tomorrow and will initialize machine and install latest FW. I usually do this but saw the address book was empty so thought it had been done already. Now that i think of it the off lease machines I get from this company usually have the message that movie data is missing, this machine did not so they must of not wiped HDD. My bad!

tsbservice
05-09-2022, 08:57 PM
Hi,

Thanks for replies so far. I had my other IT guy look at it and he said same thing he has no idea what is going on. They both said the web interface page looks different from the other 8 series, usually looks like the 4 series. See attached??

4 series web page different than 8 series it's normal - IT4 machine versus IT5 machine .
Does your IT guys have remote panel? Normally I setup it up when configuring machine where customer can give you Team Viewer or such to PC in their network.

copyman
05-09-2022, 09:16 PM
Yes they setup most of my machines remotely.

They said all their 4 & 8 series web interface pages look same. Attached is pic of a C558 in their office, web page looks same as "4" series. This is first time seeing this web page? Not doubting there are different pages for new machines just mentioning it as might help with the scan issue.

tsbservice
05-09-2022, 09:54 PM

They said all their 4 & 8 series web interface pages look same. Attached is pic of a C558 in their office, web page looks same as "4" series. This is first time seeing this web page? Not doubting there are different pages for new machines just mentioning it as might help with the scan issue.

This Screenshot is for 4 series webpage not same as 8 series.
Seeng you not wiped machine and installed latest firmware, maybe good start?

copyman
05-09-2022, 10:41 PM

The 2 pics in previous post were from a C558 & C458. I just looked again and the C558 looks like the 4 series web page so there must be a new version or something?

I had their IT person initialize everything except server settings. Still couldn't get scan to work. Attached is the failed screen.

Didn't have them initialize server settings because last time I did that to a machine I had a lot of issues. Should server settings be initialized as well? I will do it tomorrow if it should be done. As well as update F/W.

Will formatting HDD help at all with this scan issues?

Thanks again

Gift
05-10-2022, 07:15 AM
Well it says just "no specified folder" - perhaps the server / path config is not valid for this destination. Even if they claim it's the same - did they show a you a screenshot of what's been entered?

Plan b might be USB export / import witht he data from a "working" Cxx8/4e

copier tech
05-10-2022, 07:33 AM
I just delivered an off lease Biz C458 to a long time customer. They have several other "4" series and "8" series in office.

Their IT team has never had issues setting up SMB scanning until now with this C458. Only thing they text me was "can't find specified folder, yet the folder does exist and typed same way as all the other copiers in office". They also compared settings to another "8" series and are same.

Wanted to get a little info before calling back. I'm not that well versed in IT stuff. Just an old school tech nearing retirement:o

Thanks in advance for any help / ideas.

Update the firmware & set the function version to 4.2 & start from there.

I bet you'll find this is all that is needed.

copyman
05-10-2022, 12:13 PM

Hi, Will try that first. Hope you are are right and will be that easy:)

Thank you!

emujo2
05-10-2022, 01:53 PM
No specified folder indicates that the username/password combo you are using has access to the network, but that same name/password does not have the correct permissions to see the folder..My suggestion...Log out of a PC and log back in with the same credentials you are using on the MFP..Attempt to navigate to the folder using\\host\folder\folder\ect..If you can access the folder then write and delete some basic files to it. You did not mention what OS you are trying to scan back to..If this works then there may be a default setting on the C458 that has been turned off or possibly turned on,,DFS comes to mind..E

KMFLT3CH
05-10-2022, 02:18 PM

nah the screenshot is an 8 series still running very old firmware. the pagescope layout changes to the black/grey scheme after a certain function version, hence the newly delivered machine that OP posted about is running newer firmware than the other 8 series already on site.

OP, make sure base firmware is up to date, version G00-X4 should be new enough considering their other machines are still on much older firmware. double check the function version, should be switch 25 / HEX B0 (zero)

lastly, usb export the network settings of a working 8 series already on site and import it into their newer machine, give the machine an IP address, then try scanning.

strider5555
05-10-2022, 08:26 PM

Agree with this. Do a firmware update, and then a data clear and transfer settings from other machine with USB export

tsbservice
05-10-2022, 09:01 PM
nah the screenshot is an 8 series still running very old firmware. the pagescope layout changes to the black/grey scheme after a certain function version, hence the newly delivered machine that OP posted about is running newer firmware than the other 8 series already on site.

OP, make sure base firmware is up to date, version G00-X4 should be new enough considering their other machines are still on much older firmware. double check the function version, should be switch 25 / HEX B0 (zero)

lastly, usb export the network settings of a working 8 series already on site and import it into their newer machine, give the machine an IP address, then try scanning.

A bit late to the party, aren't we :confused:

KMFLT3CH
05-10-2022, 09:15 PM
A bit late to the party, aren't we :confused:

yeah seems a few of us in this thread are, what's your point? just confirming that OP was not mistaken with his screenshot, carry on.

tsbservice
05-10-2022, 09:35 PM
yeah seems a few of us in this thread are, what's your point? just confirming that OP was not mistaken with his screenshot, carry on.
My point is in my replies, you're entitled to disagree. Carry on.

copyman
05-11-2022, 12:57 AM

IT WORKED !!! THANK YOU !!!

And thanks to everyone else who replied. I really appreciate the help.

If anyone else has more requests for "All solutions" post in other thread and I will post them for you. I like to pay it forward....

Reed
05-11-2022, 03:41 AM

When the "version" is changed through software switch 25, It will change the web interface. Usually "version" is changed (ex 3.2 to 4.2) it is done when the FW is upgraded

copier tech
05-11-2022, 06:20 PM
IT WORKED !!! THANK YOU !!!

And thanks to everyone else who replied. I really appreciate the help.

If anyone else has more requests for "All solutions" post in other thread and I will post them for you. I like to pay it forward....

Thanks for the feedback.

Once again proves the importance in keeping the firmware up to date.

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk (http://www.printerFirmware.co.uk)

Custom Search