PDA

View Full Version : C454e constantly jamming

Custom Search

positiveg
05-09-2022, 08:54 PM
This has been happening close to a week now. No matter 11x17. Letter, 12x18 no matter orientations either just paper jam in the fuser53238

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

copyman
05-09-2022, 08:58 PM
Fuser clutch CL8 ?

tsbservice
05-09-2022, 09:01 PM
Jam code please.
Looks like exit clutch

positiveg
05-09-2022, 10:30 PM
This is the error code53242

positiveg
05-09-2022, 10:32 PM
Next this is this
I changed all the drums the ibt belt and blade and I'm Stull getting prints with this issue. Please check the top
See how it's lighter to the top of the printhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220509/41f4df29b9b064d94139e0a19d8d40ad.jpg

tsbservice
05-10-2022, 07:41 AM
This is the error code53242

Yes replace paper exit Clutch (CL8).

tsbservice
05-10-2022, 07:42 AM
Next this is this
I changed all the drums the ibt belt and blade and I'm Stull getting prints with this issue. Please check the top
See how it's lighter to the top of the printhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220509/41f4df29b9b064d94139e0a19d8d40ad.jpg

Remove and clean PH unit.

allan
05-10-2022, 09:29 AM
Posting CMYK halftones helps so much to identify problems.
The sensor flags can get worn out if the machine has a high reading. At about 1.3M things wear out.

J-9202 I think is for the clutch.
Then J-3205 if the pads that dampen noise on the gate goes sticky or if the sensor actuator on the duplex entrance on the door gets misformed by heat for the fuser.

positiveg
05-10-2022, 01:30 PM
Yes replace paper exit Clutch (CL8).

Thank You can you tell me the exact part number for this please thanks

tsbservice
05-10-2022, 02:15 PM
Thank You can you tell me the exact part number for this please thanks
A161M20101, it's quite tricky to change this.

positiveg
05-10-2022, 02:27 PM
A161M20101, it's quite tricky to change this.

Thanks I found uit
so it's one right?
I have a tech who works on my printer, he's a Canon certified tech. We have no KM dealers here on island.
so it's only one gear this part is right?
thanks much for your help so far.

positiveg
05-10-2022, 02:32 PM
Remove and clean PH unit.
Remove and clean the PH unit?
Can you explain please thanks

tsbservice
05-10-2022, 02:57 PM
Thanks I found uit
so it's one right?
I have a tech who works on my printer, he's a Canon certified tech. We have no KM dealers here on island.
so it's only one gear this part is right?
thanks much for your help so far.

You will find all that in service manual and parts list... IMHO working on machine without them is a waste of time.
As far for asking about image formation problems pay attention what allan wrote, we need those patterns for better troubleshooting and it takes like 5 minutes to print them.

positiveg
05-10-2022, 03:43 PM
You will find all that in service manual and parts list... IMHO working on machine without them is a waste of time.
As far for asking about image formation problems pay attention what allan wrote, we need those patterns for better troubleshooting and it takes like 5 minutes to print them.

The images i couldn't print them because the printer is jamming so when i run those tests the paper joms in the fuser

I will look again for the manual think I bought it a while back
thanks much

femaster
05-11-2022, 12:56 AM

Some halftone pages would be a great help here, but since you are also struggling with a jamming issue, get that resolved and then get the halftones. While the fade issue you are seeing can be caused by any number of issues, there are a few that can be the result of a dirty PH (Print Head) unit, also know as the laser unit in some circles.

Not sure what you've tried so far to remedy the fading, but the first step should be to try and clean the laser glass. There should be a cleaning wand attached to the inside front access door of the copier. Another possibility involving the laser unit is dust on the mirror motor inside the unit. On the Cxx4e models, the polygon mirror motor sometimes collects a layer of dust on the tips (corners) of the mirrors that write to the top (rear) edge of the drums resulting in a lighter, faded looking image. Fixing this requires removing the laser unit from the copier and carefully dismantling it, removing the mirror motor and very carefully cleaning off the mirror surfaces. Looking closely at the corners, the dust should be obvious if that is what's causing your problem.

tsbservice
05-11-2022, 06:47 AM
Some halftone pages would be a great help here, but since you are also struggling with a jamming issue, get that resolved and then get the halftones. While the fade issue you are seeing can be caused by any number of issues, there are a few that can be the result of a dirty PH (Print Head) unit, also know as the laser unit in some circles.

Not sure what you've tried so far to remedy the fading, but the first step should be to try and clean the laser glass. There should be a cleaning wand attached to the inside front access door of the copier. Another possibility involving the laser unit is dust on the mirror motor inside the unit. On the Cxx4e models, the polygon mirror motor sometimes collects a layer of dust on the tips (corners) of the mirrors that write to the top (rear) edge of the drums resulting in a lighter, faded looking image. Fixing this requires removing the laser unit from the copier and carefully dismantling it, removing the mirror motor and very carefully cleaning off the mirror surfaces. Looking closely at the corners, the dust should be obvious if that is what's causing your problem.

Can't describe it any better, looks like you're reading my thoughts :)

positiveg
06-10-2022, 02:04 PM
Hi there guys I got the parts catalogue was looking at getting the service manual.

Custom Search