PDA

View Full Version : di 470 pagination problems

Custom Search

brent
01-10-2009, 03:39 AM
kind of a hard one to describe but I will try. I have a machine that when I am doing 1 to 2 ( single sided to double sided )copies it will just leave one of the sheets blank. in this example my machine will be using 10 sheets to make 5 double sided copies. and when I copy these pages 8 and 9 will always be blank. even when I know all my 10 originals have print. the wierd part is it will only do it out the the large 2500 sheet tray underneath. so I tried to use tray 1 on the copier and it works fine. am I missing something? I have never seen a full system just print a blank page when the original had print. especially when tray 1 works fine but tray 3 will consistently do it. am I missing something? could someone please think of what it may be?
thanks gents..

brent

fixthecopier
01-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Just thinking about that makes me want to pull my hair out. Nothing about it is logical. A guess would be that the machine does not print because it missed count of what came out of the tray. I know that should cause a jam. Did you try to do a memory clear? Re seat connections to the cabinet?

brent
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I did initialize the machine. but I should have told you that I just replaced the cabinet before this happened. we have had all kinds of paper feed problem out of the bottom tray. replaced everything involved in paper feed so I just replaced the whole tray.. as silly as it sounds I feel that the problem is in the paper feed cabinet. logical no, and I did not believe the lady on the phone who told me about it. I don't see how it is possible. but looking back it must be a screwy cabinet.
wish I had more hair to pull out. thanks
brent

Custom Search