PDA

View Full Version : C220 trouble code C-C181 after moving the machine across the office

Custom Search

RGIMBLETT
05-11-2022, 12:58 PM
Hi,

I have an INEO +220 which I believe is a rebadged Bixhub C220 machine. It's been working fine for many many years. Yesterday I had to unplug it and move it 30 metres across the office. Plugged it in again and after the usual warm up it shows C-C181 error.

I've searched this forum and google, found similar error code where the recommendation was to update firmware.
I've tried the "hold the Utility button on startup" process to reset the error code, but it comes back on restart.
I've entered service mode and can see all the firmware versions listed. Because the copier boots, I can navigate the service menu and see all firmware listed suggests there's no issue with the OS / firmware (to me at least)

I've removed the rear cover to check the daughter boards etc are firmly seated. No resolution there.

Is it possible there's a flat battery so when I unplugged from mains for 5 minutes some data on a storage chip got wiped?
Appreciate any help and if firmware is the tip, any leads on where to obtain it. Is the Ineo firmware different from the Konica Minolta firmware?

The firmware versions I have are shown here.

emujo2
05-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Your little trip across the room has disconnected something..I would remove the covers and pull/reinsert every connection on the main and PCRB..The only other thing I can think of is someone pulled the plug while print data was sending..If you truly moved it a few feet and not over thresholds, grout lines, sidewalk ect..Then it may just be you got really unlucky and the board was damaged at turn on..I do have one other idea..The backup battery is dead..you've had this thing on AC power for 10 years..fully removing all power allowed the RAM settings to be cleared. You might be able to check this by going into F/W update and checking the model/version set..E

Albonline
05-11-2022, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I have an INEO +220 which I believe is a rebadged Bixhub C220 machine. It's been working fine for many many years. Yesterday I had to unplug it and move it 30 metres across the office. Plugged it in again and after the usual warm up it shows C-C181 error.

I've searched this forum and google, found similar error code where the recommendation was to update firmware.
I've tried the "hold the Utility button on startup" process to reset the error code, but it comes back on restart.
I've entered service mode and can see all the firmware versions listed. Because the copier boots, I can navigate the service menu and see all firmware listed suggests there's no issue with the OS / firmware (to me at least)

I've removed the rear cover to check the daughter boards etc are firmly seated. No resolution there.

Is it possible there's a flat battery so when I unplugged from mains for 5 minutes some data on a storage chip got wiped?
Appreciate any help and if firmware is the tip, any leads on where to obtain it. Is the Ineo firmware different from the Konica Minolta firmware?

The firmware versions I have are shown here.

the battery went dead. must be real bad not to last 5 minutes.

RGIMBLETT
05-11-2022, 04:10 PM
the battery went dead. must be real bad not to last 5 minutes.

We're running the machine until it's no longer viable to control costs. The battery is probably original since 2011.
Do you think a dead battery is the likely cause, and if so is renewed firmware the solution or is it some other settings that would have been wiped and need restoration?

RGIMBLETT
05-11-2022, 04:16 PM
Your little trip across the room has disconnected something..I would remove the covers and pull/reinsert every connection on the main and PCRB..The only other thing I can think of is someone pulled the plug while print data was sending..If you truly moved it a few feet and not over thresholds, grout lines, sidewalk ect..Then it may just be you got really unlucky and the board was damaged at turn on..I do have one other idea..The backup battery is dead..you've had this thing on AC power for 10 years..fully removing all power allowed the RAM settings to be cleared. You might be able to check this by going into F/W update and checking the model/version set..E

Thanks for the thoughts. It was a smooth trip across carpet so I'm surprised something has disconnected BUT since I have a problem that's a possibility. In my original post I include a photo of the Firmware setting page on the machine, is this what you meant about checking the model/version?

Albonline
05-11-2022, 04:58 PM
We're running the machine until it's no longer viable to control costs. The battery is probably original since 2011.
Do you think a dead battery is the likely cause, and if so is renewed firmware the solution or is it some other settings that would have been wiped and need restoration?

yes the code refers to the nrb ,witch is the battery board.

kingarthur
05-12-2022, 08:28 AM

I think that time may have arrived.....

RGIMBLETT
05-30-2022, 12:31 PM
Can anyone suggest where I can get hold of the firmware for this machine Ineo +220 or Konica Minolta Bizhub C220, for free or for a small fee whatever.
I've tried to contact "copierfirmware.co.uk" without response.

tsbservice
05-30-2022, 06:51 PM
Can anyone suggest where I can get hold of the firmware for this machine Ineo +220 or Konica Minolta Bizhub C220, for free or for a small fee whatever.
I've tried to contact "copierfirmware.co.uk" without response.

I'm sure that becoming a Contributor here will work its magic.

RGIMBLETT
06-01-2022, 12:50 PM
****RESOLVED****

To confirm an update of the firmware resolved the C-C181 trouble code issue with this machine. There was no need to resort the the NVRAM reset procedure.

Thanks all who offered advice and assistance here.
cheers,
Robin

copier tech
06-01-2022, 04:50 PM
****RESOLVED****

To confirm an update of the firmware resolved the C-C181 trouble code issue with this machine. There was no need to resort the the NVRAM reset procedure.

Thanks all who offered advice and assistance here.
cheers,
Robin

Happy we were able to assist.

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk (http://www.PrinterFirmware.co.uk)

Custom Search