PDA

View Full Version : C224e image problem

Custom Search

jwai
05-11-2022, 03:21 PM
Hello,

One customer called print quality no good.
I got test print the pattern is so strange, G 100% to 80% changed blue, one yellow block missed, and yellow edged.
The machine displayed P5, P8, P21.
I tried to replace Y drum, Y developing unit, checked transfer unit and print head unit but still same.

Any ideas about this case?

Albonline
05-11-2022, 03:40 PM
print head.

allan
05-11-2022, 03:42 PM
Print and post half tones. You yellow is still a problem.

P5 IDCS error because of missing yellow.
P8 yellow not developing all the way.
P21 registration failure because of missing yellow.

Hope its not pulling all the yellow toner and dev from your new tank. (check waste box for yellow toner).
Looks in the sample like there is something contaminating the side of the charge unit on the yellow drum.

jwai
05-11-2022, 03:49 PM

Hope its not pulling all the yellow toner and dev from your new tank. (check waste box for yellow toner).
Looks in the sample like there is something contaminating the side of the charge unit on the yellow drum.

I printed half tone the rear side 1/5 of yellow on A4 is very light, so I replaced one Y drum and Y developing unit but no solve.
Removed the print head, cleaned it still same.

Albonline
05-11-2022, 03:50 PM
print head.
Ld failure at higher output power levels , seen it a few times was always in filthy environments.

allan
05-11-2022, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I got test print the pattern is so strange, G 100% to 80% changed blue, one yellow block missed, and yellow edged.
I tried to replace Y drum, Y developing unit, checked transfer unit and print head unit but still same.

What direction was the sample printed LEF or SEF?
All four lasers use a common polygon so hopefully if its the PH then you should be able to open up the PH and clean the optics for yellow only? seems unlikely.
Otherwise the LD like mentioned could be shot. Replacing the PH would fix it.
Do you get a difference in that 1/5 missing if you print a half tone at 255 vs 125?
If you print at 125 does any of the other color seem to be affected?

Just that yellow on the edge of the scanned sample bothers me.

Synthohol
05-11-2022, 04:12 PM
Last time I saw that it was just firmware that fixed it.
The built in image gets corrupted.
I would just try firmware before replacing anything else.

allan
05-11-2022, 04:21 PM
Last time I saw that it was just firmware that fixed it.
The built in image gets corrupted.
I would just try firmware before replacing anything else.

Seen where the text goes missing from the demo page. "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" bit goes missing.
The P codes shows engine trouble.

tsbservice
05-11-2022, 05:38 PM
Ld failure at higher output power levels , seen it a few times was always in filthy environments.

Haven't seen this failure exactly but anytime would rely on Albonline experience.
jwai swap PH unit with known good working one. Let us know.

Albonline
05-11-2022, 05:47 PM
A dead giveaway test would be gradation pattern output lef. yellow halftone at mid and full power. also lef.

jwai
05-12-2022, 12:12 AM
Haven't seen this failure exactly but anytime would rely on Albonline experience.
jwai swap PH unit with known good working one. Let us know.

Yup, I try to swap PH unit for test, hope can be fixed.

jwai
05-12-2022, 01:51 PM

Attached is half tone pattern.
Before I saw it, tried Y drum and Y developing unit, cleaned PH unit ( polygon mirror, mirrors inside, windows on cover ), checked transfer unit, no luck.

Albonline
05-12-2022, 02:43 PM
Attached is half tone pattern.
Before I saw it, tried Y drum and Y developing unit, cleaned PH unit ( polygon mirror, mirrors inside, windows on cover ), checked transfer unit, no luck.

what does the image on the xfer belt look like? seeing your print outs i'd say this machine could use all new supplies.

Gift
05-12-2022, 02:45 PM
Try interrupting the test print and check if the density looks OK on the drum / transfer belt..

If the error is visible on the drum and you already swapped the yellow DV/drum. The laser might be faulty or you missed a spot while you cleaned it.

jwai
05-17-2022, 05:40 AM
Yup I solved it by replaced print head unit.
Thank you all for advice.

jwai
11-29-2022, 04:56 AM
the customer use a period they called image not good.
i observed the C image problem, like before Y problem.
got a cyan copy and print cyan halftone pattern they are normal.
last time i replaced print head, it will cause of same problem or other else?

copier tech
11-29-2022, 07:52 AM
Hello,

Are you using genuine Konica Minolta toner ?

jwai
11-30-2022, 01:57 PM
Are you using genuine Konica Minolta toner ?

Yes, genuine toner.
last time i replaced PH unit and solved Y problem, few months later similar issue occurred but this time is C.

Custom Search