PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C224 paper jam at Tray 2 exit

Custom Search

mandongo
05-11-2022, 09:34 PM
Hello, friends!
I have the following problem:
Minolta C224 with paper jamming at the exit of Tray 2. (Please see the attached picture). I have replaced the pickup roller, but the problem remained. The printing from Tray 1 is OK (it is with A4 paper). Tray 2 is with A3 paper.
Please give me a hint how can I solve the problem.
Thanks in advance!

slytukana
05-11-2022, 10:05 PM
Replace or clean the tray 2 registration clutch. Remove the whole paper feed unit and you will see.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

copyman
05-11-2022, 11:24 PM
Hello, friends!
Minolta C224 with paper jamming at the exit of Tray 2. (Please see the attached picture). I have replaced the pickup roller, but the problem remained. The printing from Tray 1 is OK (it is with A4 paper). Tray 2 is with A3 paper.
Thanks in advance!

Check the tab that the bottom door latch hooks onto. These break a lot.

If tab isn't broken what happens if you put slight pressure on side door as paper feeds? If it feeds good then there is a bulletin to add washers inside door to put more pressure on white plastic rollers on door.

Rewind!
05-11-2022, 11:25 PM
Check your mylar's on the exit guides from tray 2, I have seen small knicks and cuts cause jams there. Also check your frame components that the feed deck attaches to, I once fought a similar problem and it ended up being the left frame piece bent in just enough to cause jamming, sometimes these machines get the best of me....

Hello, friends!
Thanks in advance!

femaster
05-12-2022, 01:03 AM
That thing looks seriously dusty. Maybe start with something simple like cleaning off the optical sensors in the feed unit and clean up those conveyance rollers. They have a lot of white residue on them, so I wouldn't doubt they are having a hard time grabbing the paper as it comes out of tray 2.

Copyman also has a good point about the door latches and the pressure. Curious if the jam code is a J2002? The pressure on the conveyance rollers was an issue in the xx4 and the early xx4e models. I know in the xx4e series they made a change in the pressure springs of the white idle rollers that ride on the conveyance rollers just above tray 2. They also released a "field replacement" conveyance roller with a different design and composition to improve the grip and durability. Part number for that roller is A161578100.

kingarthur
05-12-2022, 08:25 AM
Agree with femaster, change that roller, also "stored" in the paper feed unit is a "spare" spring...in the parts manual it's listed as A161563000, swap it with A161562800 both are on tray2 feed unit. it's actually for when you feed thin paper, but swapping them over for "normal" paper does sometimes solve the problem

Gift
05-12-2022, 09:03 AM
That piccures tells me "cleaning won't hurt".

Didn't the non-e xx4 series have that (one way?) clutch with a coil spring that jumped out of it's fitting point - I think it was located on the paper feed assy and to prevent that coil spring to become losse you need to add a washer.

copier addict
05-12-2022, 05:58 PM
That piccures tells me "cleaning won't hurt".

Didn't the non-e xx4 series have that (one way?) clutch with a coil spring that jumped out of it's fitting point - I think it was located on the paper feed assy and to prevent that coil spring to become losse you need to add a washer.

That is only on the LCT

Jadel Labradoodle251
11-10-2022, 12:36 AM
Had similar issues yesterday, she got jammed 3 times until finally going through, no issues on that side since then. Might be a good idea to give it a wipe perhaps?, sometimes dust accumulates on sensors and god knows what else, if nothing is busted with the printer then I would bet it on the dust or just "printer moods". I had jams with other Minoltas at my friend's workplace, sometimes they just don't want to do something 😄

Markks
11-10-2022, 03:26 AM
There is also one-way coupler's for the pickup and feed rollers that could be slipping part number A02E561100

rrrohan
11-10-2022, 04:19 AM
replace transport rollers with these modified ones A5C1P0010055347

L0rdC
11-10-2022, 10:16 AM
Put a4 paper in that tray, if it picks it up, then the problem is that there is more dust in that machine than grains of sand in the desert, general cleaning of all rollers and sensors

Custom Search