PDA

View Full Version : Kip 7170 controller, need to buy

Custom Search

copyman
05-12-2022, 12:34 PM
I know this is wrong forum but there isn't a Kip forum and Kon/Min dealers sold Kip so figured I would ask here. Does anyone have a good controller to sell for a Kip 7170 Non- Sys K or I guess even a sys K version would work? With key codes would be great (not sure if they would work in another machine). Hopefully won't have to pay Kip $1300 for new codes!

Or is there somewhere to get the mother board repaired?

I posted on the Kip tech forum but never get any replies there. Not the OEM forum. Must be very few members. It's basically worthless and waste of time.

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
05-12-2022, 02:04 PM
If you can find a new one, it's $2K to $3K, and you'll still need the license codes to make it do anything. And Kip has been remarkably unhelpful. My prediction is that you'll struggle for a while, then give up on fixing it. =^..^=

copyman
05-12-2022, 08:14 PM
If you can find a new one, it's $2K to $3K, and you'll still need the license codes to make it do anything. And Kip has been remarkably unhelpful. My prediction is that you'll struggle for a while, then give up on fixing it. =^..^=

Agree, it's a tough call for the customer. Even if new controller is $3K plus $1300 for key codes it's still less expensive than new Kip for $16-$20k. Meter is less than 100k sq ft so a lot of life left in machine.

Unfortunately this machine was sold by a non-dealer so kip will charge for the key codes. I just went through this with an off lease machine I sold and key codes were lost, I had to pay Kip $1300 for the key codes! That hurt and taught me a valuable lesson. Bottom line is if you by a Kip 2nd hand make sure it has the key codes! Now I make sure to save them, I put a print out of codes inside back of machine with IPS and also on my computer.

Just another way to screw us Indy's

With a Kip 860 sold through a dealer went on Kon/Min website and generated the code for free. Nice and easy the way it should be.

mojorolla
05-12-2022, 08:37 PM
Have you tried Hytec for a board repair ?

:)

copyman
05-12-2022, 08:41 PM
Have you tried Hytec for a board repair ?

:)

Hi,

Thanks for reply

I did look there first and didn't see Kip listed. Will look again or call as I have had good results with their repairs on other models.

Custom Search