PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C454e - slow

Custom Search

Kenny
05-12-2022, 04:20 PM
Hi guys,

ive Got a c454e that is slow when receiving jobs and also when I use the control panel,

the customer prints to user boxes (x13) and documents get deleted after 1 day.

the machine is on firmware GDL-M1 function version 7

I am thinking of replacing the HDD and running firmware to hopefully see if that makes it any quicker,

does anyone have any suggestions just in case I’m going down the wrong route

copyman
05-12-2022, 04:53 PM
Updating firmware is always first thing to try. Not sure but think the HDD is only used for scanning & faxing? Or guess when using ADF with copying?

Have you tried a different driver?

Also what happens if you take their network out of the mix and connect your laptop direcdtly and send print job?

copier tech
05-12-2022, 05:17 PM
Hi guys,

ive Got a c454e that is slow when receiving jobs and also when I use the control panel,

the customer prints to user boxes (x13) and documents get deleted after 1 day.

the machine is on firmware GDL-M1 function version 7

I am thinking of replacing the HDD and running firmware to hopefully see if that makes it any quicker,

does anyone have any suggestions just in case I’m going down the wrong route

Yes I agree update to the LATEST firmware see if that helps.

If this doesn't work, a slow/failing HDD can also cause this issue.

Rewind!
05-12-2022, 11:09 PM
If firmware, uninstalling/reinstalling machine on system (create new port when reinstalling), do not solve your problem ping the machines IP address. If its on a local network you should see relatively low ping results. If you see big delays, you more than likely have a routing/hardware issue on the network. I once had port 10 on a unify switch give me grief for 3 days, the whole time their third party IT kept fighting with me that it was the copier. I was given access to the server cabinet by the customer, changed ports on the switch, issue resolved, lol.

JC

rrrohan
05-13-2022, 06:27 AM
document delete after 1 day is a option you set when you create the userbox.

ive had customers who spend 1.5 hours sending jobs to userbox then like 3 days later complained they were all missing and that was because they created the userbox without changing the delete time to NEVER

Custom Search