PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Charging Assy

Custom Search

ni311
01-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi guys,

Do you any solution that will extend the life of charging assy on these machines? Once they get dirty and burned, lines appear on prints with low coverage.

Thanks.

Setright
01-11-2009, 06:22 AM
The nominal lifetime of these parts is 100,000 A4pages. Are your's not meeting this target? They cost pennies compared to so many other parts.

They are customer replace-able, so leaving a set on-site for the user to swap half way between 200K services could save you a visit.

I have success with cleaning them too, using a foaming glass cleaner. Remove the grid. You need to get them soaked, since that will clean inside the grid. Still, it's almost not worth the effort when you look at the price.

ni311
01-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Usually these parts don't reach 100% of their lifes. Around 80% lines appear on prints. I always replace these, I tried once to clean it but with no excellent results and eventually I end up replacing it.

Thanks for your reply.

buster68
01-12-2009, 08:35 PM
80% is pretty darn good. And that depends on how you have your counters setup....double count for larger sizes etc.etc. I'd be happy with 80%, but like the previous poster said...I've been able to clean the wires good with the copier supplied cleaners and stretch the wires to 100%. They won't go much more than that.

bigmark
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
usually cleaning with alcohol both grid and wire works well. I have seen others use a pencil eraser on the wires - carefully - and it actually does a good job.

Custom Search