PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket toners for Konica Minoltas

Custom Search

adecanmin
05-13-2022, 03:16 PM
Wondering how those who are using these wonderful toners are managing?

For myself so far what I've used with black being the most I've put in the machines. The machine copy quality is good. I have not had to raise my service contract prices since the aftermarket is the price I paid for OE a year ago. I have one print shop customer that I only will use OE toner. I don't think the OE toners will ever come back down in price much so I may be stuck with aftermarket for the foreseeable future.

Woxner
05-13-2022, 06:27 PM
aftermarket toner is dusting on the laser lens. we are KM but we have had to use others. cant wait for oem to fully come back.

adecanmin
05-13-2022, 07:41 PM
Fortunately I haven't had that issue as of yet. I look forward to the OE toners returning as well. At what price point who knows.

tsbservice
05-13-2022, 08:27 PM
aftermarket toner is dusting on the laser lens. we are KM but we have had to use others. cant wait for oem to fully come back.

Ditto. Toner dusting is bad not only for PH window glasses. Toner pigs comes to mind.

REGSIS
05-13-2022, 09:25 PM

On color models you can notice significant raise in Vdc vaIues for color which uses AM toner charge corona dusting...
I had to use some of KM AM bottles, waiting to see the side effects. I canceled the orders two months ago because only toners with S sticker have been delivered.
Few days ago one of my customers ordered TN324K H nevertheless (told him it's a substitute toner and that he will pay the price as an original) .

Guess what - an OEM was delivered.
I hope this means they are back on track.

techsxge
05-17-2022, 03:46 PM
Just wondering where you're from and what supplier you're getting your Toner from of not Original Toner?
We're in Germany and have encountered a few "weird" Issues since Toner was harder to get but not as much so that we could confidently say its the toners fault

REGSIS
05-18-2022, 06:25 AM
Mid EU. I'm a dealer, ordering directly from KM.
Toners and other consumables are coming from Lagenhagen (DE) to warehouse in central Europe in Hungary and from there to dealers.
In 20 years I only used OEM directly from KM, not some other supliers which are selling "OEM" with 20% lower price.

Gift
05-18-2022, 07:59 AM
We got a lot of Katun toners via KM - so far this test balloon hasn't crashed.

I haven't heard about dusting issues, after how many thousands prints is this to be excpected (in average)?

allan
05-18-2022, 09:40 AM
We got a lot of Katun toners via KM - so far this test balloon hasn't crashed.

I haven't heard about dusting issues, after how many thousands prints is this to be excpected (in average)?

Would guess between 500 and 2000 if its real bad. Had some bad TN323 AM toners. If it makes it past a bottle 15-25K then it should be ok. If it does not contain enough developer then it could take more then 100K so show trouble.
Katun b/w toner works without trouble.

Custom Search