View Full Version : Microsoft and Google restrictions on scan to email

Custom Search

Synthohol
05-13-2022, 09:10 PM
They are doing it again...
Can't wait till the calls start pouring in...[/sarchasm]

wjurls
05-13-2022, 09:18 PM
I saw that the other day as well. Going to be getting busy soon.

patrickjlc
05-13-2022, 09:34 PM
I thought it was going to be on Kyocera....Minolta too, shoot....

I dont get to see the pdf. Maybe Im new in the site

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Synthohol
05-13-2022, 10:13 PM
I dont get to see the pdf. Maybe Im new in the site
its an attachment, click it to download.

patrickjlc
05-13-2022, 11:11 PM
its an attachment, click it to download.It tells me download failed. But I googled the info, its going to be a hell with clients.

blazebusiness
06-03-2022, 02:30 AM
It tells me download failed. But I googled the info, its going to be a hell with clients.

No service calls for scan to email issues in about a month, then suddenly this morning 4 customers using Outlook called this morning all with the same issue, cannot scan................. so, yes, things are gonna get busy. Thanks for posting that bulletin.

I also heard from some other techs that specifically for Outlook, they just use port 587 but don't select TLS option and turn all security off as a supposed possible solution.

Others seem to be doing scan to email solutions by using Site5 or smtp2go for the older Konica mfp's.

copyman
06-03-2022, 02:51 AM
This is what my IT guy replied to one of my customers with scan to email issue just today:

They have to log into the google account then enable 2 factor authentication for gmail. Then they can add a gmail passcode to bypass google turning off less secure apps

Sign in using app passwords - Gmail Help (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB)

Hope this helps

Custom Search