PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Is Konica Minolta going out of business?

Custom Search

reckless
05-17-2022, 06:42 AM
Inventory levels seem extremely low, not to mention the whole toner problem. I always hated the dealer network but their products quality made up for it.

patrickjlc
05-17-2022, 12:10 PM
Well you have the pandemic in China slowing production, chip shortage, and two fires at the KM toner plants.
All those, plus the delays in shipping due to lack of containers are bringing inventories of not only machines, plus parts and ancillaries.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

mascan42
05-17-2022, 12:12 PM
None of this would be an issue if we made the stuff here.

Gift
05-17-2022, 12:26 PM
None of this would be an issue if we made the stuff here.

Probably but then kind of noone would buy KM because it's like 20% more expensive. We loose or can't win customers for way less price differences. Just take a look t the click price developments, sales people argue about 0,0x cent amounts like printing would be the main cost factor on the customers site. I guess the same "purchase-people" who are dumping the prices show a complete different attitude while configuring their company car (after telling their boss how totally "ace" they negotiated down the costs for the printer-contracts). I don't expect this greediness will ever go away just because of some delays or shortages.

mascan42
05-17-2022, 12:42 PM
Probably but then kind of noone would buy KM because it's like 20% more expensive. We loose or can't win customers for way less price differences. Just take a look t the click price developments, sales people argue about 0,0x cent amounts like printing would be the main cost factor on the customers site. I guess the same "purchase-people" who are dumping the prices show a complete different attitude while configuring their company car (after telling their boss how totally "ace" they negotiated down the costs for the printer-contracts). I don't expect this greediness will ever go away just because of some delays or shortages.

Agreed (and we could argue about the reasons for that all day) and honestly, the copiers and parts I think we could live with the longer shipping times. But the toner? If it's a choice between paying more for domestically manufactured toner, or waiting two months for their supplies, I think the customers would choose to actually have a copier that works.

copyman
05-17-2022, 01:08 PM
Agreed (and we could argue about the reasons for that all day) and honestly, the copiers and parts I think we could live with the longer shipping times. But the toner? If it's a choice between paying more for domestically manufactured toner, or waiting two months for their supplies, I think the customers would choose to actually have a copier that works.

As I've posted on this forum before there is no excuse why K/M should of run out of toner, etc and they should suffer for it just like we have! How does the #1 or 2 copier company short the world of toner because of fires at one warehouse! Why wouldn't they have several factories / warehouses in different parts of the world! I've lost a few accounts and others tell me to never sell them a Kon/Min again. Can't say I blame them after buying a $10,000 machine and not be able to use it because of no toner.
What hurt the most for me is not being able to get off lease machines to sell because customers can't get their new machines delivered. Also after 40+ years telling my customers NOT to use aftermarket toners I had to sell it to them because of K/M shortage!

The whole thing is a mess. I know of one Kon/Min Pro-Tech dealership that dropped Kon/Min after 30+ years and went to Canon. I'm looking into switching to Canon as well. Only thing that may stop me is I'm getting close to retiring.

jwai
05-17-2022, 01:53 PM
Inventory levels seem extremely low, not to mention the whole toner problem. I always hated the dealer network but their products quality made up for it.

Never see successor models of current i series since 2019.

patrickjlc
05-17-2022, 01:56 PM
As I've posted on this forum before there is no excuse why K/M should of run out of toner, etc and they should suffer for it just like we have! How does the #1 or 2 copier company short the world of toner because of fires at one warehouse! Why wouldn't they have several factories / warehouses in different parts of the world! I've lost a few accounts and others tell me to never sell them a Kon/Min again. Can't say I blame them after buying a $10,000 machine and not be able to use it because of no toner.
What hurt the most for me is not being able to get off lease machines to sell because customers can't get their new machines delivered. Also after 40+ years telling my customers NOT to use aftermarket toners I had to sell it to them because of K/M shortage!

The whole thing is a mess. I know of one Kon/Min Pro-Tech dealership that dropped Kon/Min after 30+ years and went to Canon. I'm looking into switching to Canon as well. Only thing that may stop me is I'm getting close to retiring.Last I heard is K/M was reopening their toner factory in Rochester NY

tmmdmmm
05-18-2022, 02:52 AM
The whole thing is a mess. I know of one Kon/Min Pro-Tech dealership that dropped Kon/Min after 30+ years and went to Canon. I'm looking into switching to Canon as well. Only thing that may stop me is I'm getting close to retiring.

We're a dealer and are currently selling canon just because that's what we can get our hands on, but the few we've sold to previous Kon users were disliked by the EU. I personally don't have any experience on them yet minus what we have in our parters. That being said. I don't believe Kon is going out of business anytime soon.

reckless
05-18-2022, 03:57 AM
Canons always were crap to me. Great for graphics bad for production. They just never had the speed or reliability. I looked into xerox but never pulled the trigger.

I think Minoltas had one benefit they didnt require dealer support. Its this toner debacle thats ticking me off. If there were some decent aftermarket toner no need for minolta toner.

tmmdmmm
05-18-2022, 04:16 AM
Canons always were crap to me. Great for graphics bad for production. They just never had the speed or reliability. I looked into xerox but never pulled the trigger.

I think Minoltas had one benefit they didnt require dealer support. Its this toner debacle thats ticking me off. If there were some decent aftermarket toner no need for minolta toner.

I don't have to deal with it so I'm not entirely sure, but I believe Kon was shipping Katun for a while. Saw it at a few of our accounts and didn't experience any image issues with them.

Tony in Oz
05-18-2022, 06:54 AM
Have used Katun toner in KM's for many years, both mono & colour
never had any problems i could point at toner being the cause

reckless
05-18-2022, 07:46 PM
Where do I find Katun toner for KM C6100 or TN622?

tsbservice
05-18-2022, 09:12 PM

They are big, not going out of business soon. The question is WTF their executives are doing those guys must be fired immediately and even way before!

adecanmin
05-18-2022, 10:49 PM
They can't go out of business. They have to keep sponsoring their race car in the IMSA series.

copyman
05-19-2022, 12:18 AM
I say they should drop Konica out of their name and go back to just Minolta! Never liked anything Konica....

Hansoon
05-19-2022, 06:46 AM
+1

Hans

kingarthur
05-19-2022, 08:49 AM
Have used Katun toner in KM's for many years, both mono & colour
never had any problems i could point at toner being the cause

Totally agree, but refuse to use Katun drums - they cause loads of problems

suomi
05-19-2022, 12:58 PM
Where do I find Katun toner for KM C6100 or TN622?

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/For-Konicas-Minolta/809363_259336423/1.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148361.2.300a 7874HELS0N&origin=n&SortType=bestmatch_sort&g=y)

Konica Minolta use this company toner office mahchines.

copyman
05-19-2022, 04:28 PM
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/For-Konicas-Minolta/809363_259336423/1.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148361.2.300a 7874HELS0N&origin=n&SortType=bestmatch_sort&g=y)

Konica Minolta use this company toner office mahchines.

*Beware of getting ripped off or waiting months to receive products from China !!!

suomi
05-19-2022, 05:01 PM
*Beware of getting ripped off or waiting months to receive products from China !!!

There is probably no quick fix or no risk to this Konica Minolta shit storm.

copyman
05-19-2022, 07:06 PM
There is probably no quick fix or no risk to this Konica Minolta shit storm.

I would rather buy an off lease machine and strip for parts then buy from China company!

As for toners this has been addressed on this forum many times. If it is a hard to find toner with no aftermarket available then refilling the bottles with another OEM toner may be option.

Just heard to many bad things with ordering from China.

suomi
05-19-2022, 07:37 PM
Yes it is true.But… Konica Minolta uses/buy colors from xinying tecnologies.
the cardboard box is almost similar only the Konica Minolta logo is missing.
And katun toner…
I service konica minolta contract machines and I have seen what is used in the devices.

copyman
05-19-2022, 08:59 PM
Yes it is true.But… Konica Minolta uses/buy colors from xinying tecnologies.
the cardboard box is almost similar only the Konica Minolta logo is missing.
And katun toner…
I service konica minolta contract machines and I have seen what is used in the devices.

Ok. So can you recommend an honest China supplier that will ship fast and not have to wait weeks for delivery? Or require a large quantity 1st order?

As far as I know Kon/Min toner is made in Japan not China. Japan is where the factory had the fires and caused the world toner shortage. Am I mistaken?

suomi
05-20-2022, 04:17 AM
Ok. So can you recommend an honest China supplier that will ship fast and not have to wait weeks for delivery? Or require a large quantity 1st order?

As far as I know Kon/Min toner is made in Japan not China. Japan is where the factory had the fires and caused the world toner shortage. Am I mistaken?

No i cant recommend. But Konica is fucked and they buy toner china and katun their own contract machines.
And dealer are trouble too. Now konica say that October is back to normal…..A4 printer black toner is fucked.
A3 toner stock situation looks bad.

suomi
05-20-2022, 07:58 PM
Ordered expensive A4 toner from China today. In a month, they will arrive. Customs duties and taxes on top. But the same black toner that konica minolta uses. Works or doesn't work but the devices don't stop. Thanks to Konica Minolta for the shit storm. More than 20 years of Konica Minolta service behind. And this too has to be experienced. But probably all equipment suppliers have a hard time. Except others haven't burned / exploded the factory ...

patrickjlc
05-20-2022, 09:47 PM
I would rather buy an off lease machine and strip for parts then buy from China company!

As for toners this has been addressed on this forum many times. If it is a hard to find toner with no aftermarket available then refilling the bottles with another OEM toner may be option.

Just heard to many bad things with ordering from China.I have done that on a pinch for black toner on a color machine, use toner powder from a 364e or 454e.

reckless
05-21-2022, 04:48 AM
I think toner changed on C6100 then previous C6000? Its more glossy and beautiful.

blazebusiness
06-03-2022, 02:55 AM
As I've posted on this forum before there is no excuse why K/M should of run out of toner, etc and they should suffer for it just like we have! How does the #1 or 2 copier company short the world of toner because of fires at one warehouse! Why wouldn't they have several factories / warehouses in different parts of the world!

Agree, simply no excuse for this mess, and some image units and parts are also in short supply , not just toner. Disgusting!

reckless
06-03-2022, 07:30 AM
Agree, simply no excuse for this mess, and some image units and parts are also in short supply , not just toner. Disgusting!

I pulled my PPC contracts with them. I encourage others as well depending on the model they own. Most everything is serviceable by oneself. I feel bad how much money I gave KM for nothing over the years.

copyman
12-14-2022, 12:49 PM
Hello everybody! In my opinion, many businessmen should solve their problems with modern methods. Now many businessmen use the services of programmers and this brings results. You can use this java software development services (https://spd.group/java-development-services/) to help you build your software. I think it will help you in this matter too. Good luck!

More SPAM!

You opinion means nothing here!

Does this moron think any members here will actually click on the link he provided? Especially with all the red cards by his name! That should tell you everything about this person! GET LOST!

Post reported and hopefully will be removed.

Gift
12-14-2022, 01:18 PM
More SPAM!

You opinion means nothing here!

Does this moron think any members here will actually click on the link he provided? Especially with all the red cards by his name! That should tell you everything about this person! GET LOST!

Post reported and hopefully will be removed.

Unlikely...unfortunately... I think it's written by a bot, quoting these message probably triggers the next one lol

Custom Search