PDA

View Full Version : C454e paper exiting onto the conveyance

Custom Search

ArrowGB
05-17-2022, 01:55 PM
I have a C454e that is having an issue where paper occasionally exits on top of the conveyance/transport section. The machine is recognizing that a FS-534 is in place with the proper conveyance section, and does not display a jam after paper exits on top of the conveyance. Sometimes it deposits in the finisher tray as it's supposed to, and sometimes it exits as if there's no finisher at all. This seems to only happen while printing, and simplexing vs duplexing has made no difference. I thought this could potentially be an exit gate issue, but it doesn't make sense to me why the machine doesn't throw a jam code. Has anybody experienced this issue before?

blackcat4866
05-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Perhaps you've got a print driver incorrectly configured (doesn't show the bridge & finisher)? =^..^=

B0265
05-17-2022, 02:23 PM
Check if someone have changed the Output Tray in the "Finish" tab of the printer driver.

Gift
05-17-2022, 02:27 PM
I have a C454e that is having an issue where paper occasionally exits on top of the conveyance/transport section. The machine is recognizing that a FS-534 is in place with the proper conveyance section, and does not display a jam after paper exits on top of the conveyance. Sometimes it deposits in the finisher tray as it's supposed to, and sometimes it exits as if there's no finisher at all. This seems to only happen while printing, and simplexing vs duplexing has made no difference. I thought this could potentially be an exit gate issue, but it doesn't make sense to me why the machine doesn't throw a jam code. Has anybody experienced this issue before?

No, that's really. Is there one or more paper tray(s) configured with wicked paper type settings? It could be triggered with the print job, too. Try and figure out if it's only happen with certain print jobs or from a certain client, then check if there are "proper" drivers with "proper" settings used. If you're lazy you can cross check with your laptop, prove it's OK and let the admin handle his job^^

tsbservice
05-17-2022, 07:46 PM

Check that this old lady is setup to show jam code, should be in system 2 if I remember correctly.
Next is to put gate switch solenoid plate mode on place.

copier addict
05-17-2022, 07:53 PM

The top of the transport section is a legitimate exit and can be setup in either user mode or admin mode under "output settings" to receive documents.

tmmdmmm
05-18-2022, 02:48 AM
The top of the transport section is a legitimate exit and can be setup in either user mode or admin mode under "output settings" to receive documents.

Believe its specifically Output Tray 3. Didn't learn this until somewhat recently and brought on some headscratching. Our remote IT accidentally configured a single driver to output there when they were testing Input Tray 3.

Custom Search