PDA

View Full Version : New machine delivery time?

Custom Search

copyman
05-20-2022, 02:58 AM
Just wanted to see how long it's taking Kon/Min dealers to fulfill customer orders for new machines & accessories? Specifically the C450i / C550i model that one of my customers is looking to buy.

Thanks

suomi
05-20-2022, 04:28 AM
In March, received the latest products. At its longest had to wait half a year. Most of this year’s orders didn’t come.

femaster
05-20-2022, 05:07 AM
Depending on what you are after I guess the wait time could vary. Six weeks ago we put in and order for 24 machines and various accessories (PC, DK, FS, RU, etc.) All of them were various i-models with the exception of three 287s. To date we have gotten in all the accessories that were ordered with them, and three C650i and four C300i machines, which was the full order of those models. I'd say if someone was interested in getting something that probably wouldn't have a seriously long wait, those would be 2 models to look into at this point.

kingarthur
05-20-2022, 08:20 AM
Just wanted to see how long it's taking Kon/Min dealers to fulfill customer orders for new machines & accessories? Specifically the C458 / C558 model that one of my customers is looking to buy.

Thanks

I would assume you'd have a very long wait for those models, as they've been replaced by the C450i//c550i :D

copyman
05-20-2022, 12:19 PM
I would assume you'd have a very long wait for those models, as they've been replaced by the C450i//c550i :D

Haha... yes I meant the C450i / C550i and corrected original post.

mloudy
05-20-2022, 12:50 PM
Two other OEMs have said don't expect any engines until Sept. or Oct. with the exception of a few models still left in stock. The continued complete lockdowns in areas of China where semiconductors are made is the reason given. I am told it will cause all OEMs to halt production if they haven't already.

Tech Helpdesk
08-25-2022, 01:55 PM
Can anyone beat this ? Order raised beginning January 2022 and we are still waiting for the Konica Minolta machines !!! We get excuse after excuse and no real answers.
Is this a UK thing or is everyone waiting at least 7 months for the KM boxes ???

mloudy
08-25-2022, 02:16 PM
I am still hearing that all OEM's except for Sharp are still dealing with issues getting equipment orders fulfilled. As for Sharp we only starting seeing a slow down in A3 products in April of this year and it has slowly been getting back to normal. Right now the delays seems to be limited to paper desks. Sharp and Lexmark A4 has been a problem since late 2021.

We got a school bid on March 22 with a contract award on April 11. It required a complete install date by July 29 among other rediculous things. Hard pass.

techsxge
08-25-2022, 02:24 PM
I ordered a new Machine like 2 weeks ago and it arrived on last Monday.
I am still waiting on a d-Color MF 554 for about 5 Months now with no ETA. Realy depends on the Machine right now

techsxge
08-25-2022, 02:26 PM
Can anyone beat this ? Order raised beginning January 2022 and we are still waiting for the Konica Minolta machines !!! We get excuse after excuse and no real answers.
Is this a UK thing or is everyone waiting at least 7 months for the KM boxes ???

Yes. Have been waiting on a C368 for 13 months. Arrived in June this Year. Lost the Customer due to it

techsxge
08-25-2022, 02:28 PM
I am currently placing many orders again for machines i partly dont even need rn but i need to predict what i need in the future

copyman
08-25-2022, 08:48 PM
Customer ordered C450i back in June. Just received update that will be at least until end of Sept before it's shipped.

SmellsHot
08-26-2022, 12:52 AM
I ordered a combination of Bizhub 300i's, 360i's and C300i's in September 2021. Still haven't received the equipment. To date I have 30 A4 machines on backorder with no real ETA from KM.....Fucking joke if you ask me.

SalesServiceGuy
08-26-2022, 01:32 AM
I ordered a combination of Bizhub 300i's, 360i's and C300i's in September 2021. Still haven't received the equipment. To date I have 30 A4 machines on backorder with no real ETA from KM.....Fucking joke if you ask me.

... the joke is on you if by now you have not picked up another A4 copier supplier. I recommend the Toshiba e330AC, outstanding!

BillyCarpenter
08-26-2022, 01:55 AM
I am currently placing many orders again for machines i partly dont even need rn but i need to predict what i need in the future

Isn't that what copier dealers have always done? Order inventory based on our prediction of future sales?

BillyCarpenter
08-26-2022, 01:56 AM
... the joke is on you if by now you have not picked up another A4 copier supplier. I recommend the Toshiba e330AC, outstanding!

You push Tosiba awfully hard. That's a big jump to make and usually involves quotas. No?

copyman
08-26-2022, 02:05 AM
Isn't that what copier dealers have always done? Order inventory based on our prediction of future sales?

Dealers use to be offered specials on machines that were going to be discontinued, etc. So dealers usually had a good supply of equipment. What ever they want to blame it on, pandemic, supply chain issues, chip shortage, can't get workers etc etc. It's all bullshit! Kon-Min screwed us with the toner fiasco now screwing us with machine shortage. When you become a dealer you have to commit to buying-selling so many boxes per month to keep your dealership, funny when the OEM can't even deliver machines for you to sell!
Like I said before this will hurt Kon-Min for years to come.... and they deserve what ever they get!!!

BillyCarpenter
08-26-2022, 02:43 AM
Dealers use to be offered specials on machines that were going to be discontinued, etc. So dealers usually had a good supply of equipment. What ever they want to blame it on, pandemic, supply chain issues, chip shortage, can't get workers etc etc. It's all bullshit! Kon-Min screwed us with the toner fiasco now screwing us with machine shortage. When you become a dealer you have to commit to buying-selling so many boxes per month to keep your dealership, funny when the OEM can't even deliver machines for you to sell!
Like I said before this will hurt Kon-Min for years to come.... and they deserve what ever they get!!!

Understood. There's no doubt that KM would drop any dealer that failed to meet their quota for an extended period of time. I've read about the stuggles incurred with the toner shortage. That alone would be enough for me to look for a new partner. Not being able to get toner is a real business killer. Best of luck to you.

copyman
08-26-2022, 03:19 AM
Understood. There's no doubt that KM would drop any dealer that failed to meet their quota for an extended period of time. I've read about the stuggles incurred with the toner shortage. That alone would be enough for me to look for a new partner. Not being able to get toner is a real business killer. Best of luck to you.

I agree that the toner issue hurt the most. After many years telling customers to only use genuine toner I had to sell them aftermarket! Not to mention the customers I lost when there wasn't any aftermarket toner made for their newer models. Can't say I could blame them, if I bought a $10,000 copier and couldn't use it because there was no toner I would be pissed and never buy a Kon-Min again!

femaster
08-26-2022, 03:45 AM
Machines are slowly trickling in at our place, but we still have a backlog of over 120 machines. A number of different schools systems are in that amount, and school is starting with no clue when their new machines will be in. We are having to waste a ton of money overhauling their old ones just to make sure they stay running. It's really crapping putting a cash into something that could be removed next week for all we know. What a terrible situation!

Hansoon
08-26-2022, 09:01 AM

Shameless push...... LOL

Hans

Lasersupplies
08-26-2022, 09:57 AM
I would not be overly pushing Toshiba for turnarount times. We have an order of 40 devices that was placed back in May, have not receieved any to date! We now are on the cusp of losing these customers to other competitors. Our sales team have been informed not to sell any more of this brand until we fulfil the backorders.

Its a real shit show out there right now!!

copyman
08-26-2022, 01:00 PM
I would not be overly pushing Toshiba for turnarount times. We have an order of 40 devices that was placed back in May, have not receieved any to date! We now are on the cusp of losing these customers to other competitors. Our sales team have been informed not to sell any more of this brand until we fulfil the backorders.

Its a real shit show out there right now!!

I'm sure all OEM's are having some trouble with fulfilling orders but no way in hell would I go with Toshiba. Would look at Canon or Kyocera before Toshita.

jwai
08-26-2022, 04:59 PM
However, KM don't launch new model for successor, current i series is working over 4 years.

SAR
08-26-2022, 07:17 PM
We were told black & white copiers would have the longest wait times for shipping and that has proven to be true.
KM has offered to ship us the same speed color model as a replacement at no additional cost, but not all of our customers have taken that offer.
I have been waiting 10 months for a C300i that I sold to a customer. We were told the C360i was readily available, but good luck on the C300i.
Has anyone else been taking them up on the color replacement for the B&W models?

techsxge
08-26-2022, 07:42 PM
Usually for the next 6 months i did that. Currently i am placing orders for the next 3 years.

tsbservice
08-26-2022, 09:17 PM
However, KM don't launch new model for successor, current i series is working over 4 years.

This is normal. Plus lack of them. Next generation I expect some more 3-4 years after.

SalesServiceGuy
08-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Shameless push...... LOL

Hans

... I rec'd 3x e330AC this week that I ordered about two months ago. They are now all installed.

I took orders for six more today.

In this market, local inventory is king! Price and features are second.

Gina82
08-26-2022, 09:30 PM
As of right now....still have C250I machines on backorder from November & December 2021. One customer has bailed already. One has a loaner we aren't charging for, except supplies. They are about ready to bail, but nothing else we can do. Konica says it's on the 'priority list', but pretty sure that's what they are telling everyone.

jwai
08-28-2022, 07:49 PM
This is normal. Plus lack of them. Next generation I expect some more 3-4 years after.

Generally KM would launch " e " series or similar models after 2-3 years of all new machines debut.

tsbservice
08-28-2022, 08:55 PM
Generally KM would launch " e " series or similar models after 2-3 years of all new machines debut.

Currently they can't fullfil existing demand tell me about new versions. The market is very different today and I'm not expecting C250i series successor in near future.

SalesServiceGuy
08-29-2022, 12:14 AM
... I rec'd 3x e330AC this week that I ordered about two months ago. They are now all installed.

I took orders for six more today.

In this market, local inventory is king! Price and features are second.

... in times of hardware shortages like now, it is key to keep your credit account current with your OEM supplier. You do not want to be skipped over for a shipment because your business is on credit hold.

mloudy
08-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Sometimes a dealer can get into a situation based on what is available. For a while we had lots of A3 engines with nothing to set them on as paper desks were backordered. Engines had shipped from the OEM and were invoiced but we couldn't invoice any of it becuase we there was no way to install them. We were good because we could deal with it financially. There are plenty of dealers out there that don't have much room to sit on loads of engines they can't deliver and invoice. The cash runs out and they get put on credit hold by an OEM. Perhaps the OEM fills orders based on who is current.

We normally stock plenty of Lexmark and order Sharp as it is sold. When I saw backorder issues with other OEM's I began to stock machines I never had. Although Sharp has been very good compared to other OEM's they recently slowed down in ship times so I was glad I had stocked these machines.

copyman
08-30-2022, 01:40 AM

I would rather no successors! The new models are getting worse & worse. Guess I got spoiled with the 4 series. Doubt any future models will beat it, consumables lasting 2-3 cycles, no service calls for over a year in low volume accounts, etc etc. Replacing them with the "8" series and hope they last until I retire in a few years.

adecanmin
08-30-2022, 03:40 AM
I would rather no successors! The new models are getting worse & worse. Guess I got spoiled with the 4 series. Doubt any future models will beat it, consumables lasting 2-3 cycles, no service calls for over a year in low volume accounts, etc etc. Replacing them with the "8" series and hope they last until I retire in a few years.

I'm in the same boat. Loved the 4 series. The 8 is good except for the charge rollers. The newest Konica Minolta I've purchased is the 3350i and I'm hesitant to sell to it anybody. Maybe the 450i will be a good machine. It's easier to sell a machine that is 3 to 4 years old than something 7 to 8 years old.

Hansoon
08-30-2022, 03:48 AM
What clone is the BH-C-3350i? Same crappy origin like the BH-C-35?

Hans

adecanmin
08-30-2022, 04:49 AM
What clone is the BH-C-3350i? Same crappy origin like the BH-C-35?

Hans

Hard to say. It's smaller than a c3351. The top tray can only run 8x11. To be able to use 8x14 you have to use the bypass or get the optional tray. It has a big touch screen which is nice.

copyman
08-30-2022, 12:25 PM
I'm in the same boat. Loved the 4 series. The 8 is good except for the charge rollers. The newest Konica Minolta I've purchased is the 3350i and I'm hesitant to sell to it anybody. Maybe the 450i will be a good machine. It's easier to sell a machine that is 3 to 4 years old than something 7 to 8 years old.

"The 8 is good except for the charge rollers"

I agree about the charge roller. As I've posted before K/M changed to the PCR so drum units wouldn't last long like the 4 series. There is a new aftermarket spiral PCR cleaning roller that I just got and going to try. Hopefully this is an improvement and drum units will at least last a full cycle.

adecanmin
08-30-2022, 12:35 PM
"The 8 is good except for the charge rollers"

I agree about the charge roller. As I've posted before K/M changed to the PCR so drum units wouldn't last long like the 4 series. There is a new aftermarket spiral PCR cleaning roller that I just got and going to try. Hopefully this is an improvement and drum units will at least last a full cycle.

Any idea what that sponge roller below charge roller is supposed to do? I know over time especially in the c3850 series it turns gummy. I've removed them when they deteriorate and start to transfer material to the charge roller.

Custom Search