PDA

View Full Version : C458 developer spewing

Custom Search

alberto
05-20-2022, 06:02 PM
Hello guys
I’ve had a couple of C458 machines printing ‘blotches’ and it is caused by developer spewing / spilling off a portion of the developer roller. Changed the drum and dev for the relevant colour which cured the fault but it came back a few thousand pages later.
I would be grateful for any feedback if anybody has come across this before
Thank you

Woxner
05-20-2022, 06:06 PM
replace the HVPS. and possible the contact piece. you may also have to start with new dev unit as well

femaster
05-20-2022, 06:59 PM
Has that machine had regular replacement or cleanings of the toner filter? If the filter gets clogged, it causes the ducts to get clogged and this can cause the issue you are seeing. Tends to mostly affect Cyan, but it can affect any of the colors or black.

alberto
05-20-2022, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the quick replies much appreciated
i will check it out next week
Just a bit puzzled as I have never seen this exact fault on a C224 or C454 and I work on them every day.
2 C458 machines within a couple of days making me think is it unique to C458

tsbservice
05-20-2022, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the quick replies much appreciated
i will check it out next week
Just a bit puzzled as I have never seen this exact fault on a C224 or C454 and I work on them every day.
2 C458 machines within a couple of days making me think is it unique to C458

Not unique to C458, are you running drums and ITB unit past life? Good advices on HVPS and Toner filter/ ducts though.

copyman
05-20-2022, 08:56 PM
Since you said you changed the developer & drum units and it came back have to ask are you using aftermarket toner?

Like the other poster said "any" over life consumable and cause dev unit to short out, usually the cyan.

Custom Search