PDA

View Full Version : C-368, not able to update F/W

Custom Search

Oystercopy
05-21-2022, 03:05 AM
Hey guys....

So, this is not the first machine I've seen that would simply not take F/W. The machine goes into the regular boot up screen instead of F/W upload. In the past, I've tried going direct into the USB Port and other bug fixes, but this seems to be too common of a problem not to be something someone has encountered/fixed before.

Thanks in advance,
OC

copyman
05-21-2022, 03:41 AM
Hey guys....

So, this is not the first machine I've seen that would simply not take F/W. The machine goes into the regular boot up screen instead of F/W upload. In the past, I've tried going direct into the USB Port and other bug fixes, but this seems to be too common of a problem not to be something someone has encountered/fixed before.

Thanks in advance,
OC

This may be a stupid question but you are leaving front door open when trying to update F/W?

Oystercopy
05-21-2022, 03:58 AM
This may be a stupid question but you are leaving front door open when trying to update F/W?

Yes, I tried that too.
Updated F/W hundreds of times on these machines.

copyman
05-21-2022, 12:46 PM
Yes, I tried that too.
Updated F/W hundreds of times on these machines.

I figured that knowing your experience. Few other stupid questions, are you sure the ports cable by control panel is plugged into "Front" USB port on rear side by the Network port?

Have you tried a few different USB thumb drives?

Oystercopy
05-21-2022, 11:57 PM
I figured that knowing your experience. Few other stupid questions, are you sure the ports cable by control panel is plugged into "Front" USB port on rear side by the Network port?

Have you tried a few different USB thumb drives?

Yes sir Copyman, I tried different sticks, reformatting the sticks, etc. And yes, I went direct to the USB port on the board; no change.
This has happened in the past on other machines as well, and short of sending the board in for repair, I'm not sure there's anything else that could be done. I have tried using the remote manager to load the F/W from the web page, but
the process is very confusing and I've never gotten it to work.

Its at level "R" right now, which isn't horrible, I just don't like sending boxes out the door with (at least) the latest F/W, cause I'm afraid they'll come back and bite me. What's strange is that someone was able to get it to "R" at one time or another, just don't know what goes wrong in the process.
OC

femaster
05-22-2022, 01:15 AM
Have you verified that USB firmware updates are allowed under security settings in Admin mode? There are 2 different USB related options under there. In addition, if Enhanced Security mode is turned on, firmware can not be update via USB, and that restriction cannot be turned off until Enhanced Security mode is turned off.

Synthohol
05-22-2022, 03:34 AM
the 3 things ive seen that skip over FW even with the dot are no serial# for mfp, no serial# for scanner and wrong machine and type (FF)

tsbservice
05-22-2022, 08:14 AM
the 3 things ive seen that skip over FW even with the dot are no serial# for mfp, no serial# for scanner and wrong machine and type (FF)

Good advice Synth! Will keep that in mind for the future reference.

stan780953
05-24-2022, 05:44 AM
I've used the FTP method in the past when all else fails and it seems to do the trick. 53373

copier tech
05-24-2022, 07:24 AM
Hey guys....

Thanks in advance,
OC

We've had a few 8 series that would inexplicably not accept a FW update.

But after a few re-starts they eventually started.

techsxge
05-24-2022, 08:05 AM
We've had a few 8 series that would inexplicably not accept a FW update.

But after a few re-starts they eventually started.

I experienced this issue too a few times. Not sure if it was only 8-Series but i had a bunch of machnies who dont want to do firmware updates over usb. For me the Internet ISW Way worked fine, i was able to update Firmware with USB right after

copier tech
05-24-2022, 06:19 PM
I experienced this issue too a few times. Not sure if it was only 8-Series but i had a bunch of machnies who dont want to do firmware updates over usb. For me the Internet ISW Way worked fine, i was able to update Firmware with USB right after

Maybe try the SATA update first then try again the regular firmware ?

techsxge
05-24-2022, 07:35 PM
Maybe try the SATA update first then try again the regular firmware ?

Tried it, but the Machine simply did not accept any type of Firmware, although USB Print worked. I work with Olivetti alot, which is basically a rebrand /Subcompany of Konica Minolta (Same Machines, different Model Names) and their support also had no idea what the issue is, even had a tech of them coming to us without any success

Oystercopy
05-25-2022, 06:08 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I looked at Enhanced Sec. Mode, everything normal. Checked S/Ns and all seems well. I will have to see if I can re-try the FTP upload and see what happens.

OC

allan
05-25-2022, 07:22 AM
Another silly question. Did you use different thumb drives or tried to format it?
Had one case where i went thru 3 different memory sticks before i had luck. Strange thing if the same drives that failed to load firmware worked fine on other models.
If the drive has been partitioned or made to boot it does not work. Think i have used the app called Rufus to fix the formatting before.

techsxge
05-25-2022, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I looked at Enhanced Sec. Mode, everything normal. Checked S/Ns and all seems well. I will have to see if I can re-try the FTP upload and see what happens.

OC
Have you done a trouble reset yet? For testing purpose, i'd also reset the CE Password.
idk what it is called at KM, but with Olivetti (Rebranded KM, same machines from the inside) we have something called i-options. If you have something like that in KM installed, check for the Antivirus kit. I'd guess that the antivirus blocks the USB from working.

Also, check if the USB (Port) is useable for USB Print.

If all that doesnt work and you decide to stick with the Internet ISW and need help setting everything up, drop me an email

techsxge
05-25-2022, 08:09 PM
Another silly question. Did you use different thumb drives or tried to format it?
Had one case where i went thru 3 different memory sticks before i had luck. Strange thing if the same drives that failed to load firmware worked fine on other models.
If the drive has been partitioned or made to boot it does not work. Think i have used the app called Rufus to fix the formatting before.
I can confirm. I used to use Windows format function for drives but realised its kinda destroying the sticks for some reason bc most sticks i used with a windows computer stopped working after around 100 reformats.
Then fully switched to linux and never had an issue, coworkers who kept on using windows then started using rufus too and there are no more "failing" sticks around.

Just format it to UEFI:NTFS when using Rufus. Or use gparted like i do

Custom Search