PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C7100 vs C6100? Simitri V Toner vs Simitri HDE Toner?

Custom Search

reckless
05-21-2022, 05:33 AM
I see almost NO difference from C6100 to C7100 other than toner. I love my C6100 Simitri HDE Toner because of its glossiness, how does Simitri V compare? They said more matte online and that sounds less like offset looking. I know it says it runs cooler but I have hard time imagining beautiful stunning prints that aren't applied at hot temperatures. Spent last 10+ years used to KM doing it that way. The glossiness of the C6100 ink gives vibrance and makes my prints breath taking. It is really 3D and makes the ink/image POP. Reminds me of the old C2002 with oled printing before the konica merger. I also hate it when I have top of the line machine and 3 years later they are replacing it. If its 4800 dpi or 200ppm I would understand. Any feedback on C7100 prints? I searched google but didnt find much.

BigJohn523
11-11-2022, 04:17 PM
I wanted to chime in as we have two c7090s. For the last 7 years we have had Canon color machines, (2) c800s, then on to 1 c8000vp and a "backup" c750. After buying another printing company locally we took on their Bk and White (grayscale, not sure why we refer to it as B&W, but whatever) in a 1200 (which we still have as a backup), the color was off contract and we sold it off.
With all that said I ABSOULTLY HATE THE C7090s!!!! I would not recommend them to anyone, even my worst competitor. If you are happy with your C6100, until they force you to switch stay with it. There are WAY too many problems to list here. We have had ours installed for 4 months on one and 2 months on the other. Everyday I want to go destroy them with a flamethrower and sledge hammer, my operator feels similar but far less as violent...lol. I have 25 years of offset and digital printing experience and have ran and done pretty much every aspect of the printing process, be it from sales through the whole process to delivering to the customer. We started printing after switching from being one of the premier film output facilities in the 90's to a full fledge print shop, when the film business died off.
If it weren't for the local service techs swaying us towards KMs, with their intent of fixing whatever needed fixed even if it meant replacing a part well before the "life" of the part. That is something we struggled with, with the Canon service, we were down on average one day a week, with an uptime of 74.5%, some weeks we would go down on the 8000vp and it would take them 3-4 days to get us back up and running, to sellable outputs. The main reason this was a huge issue is the fact that the output and quality of the 8k/10k is untouched by anything other than an indigo press. I have dealt with and ran every brand of printer out there and the Canon's output is far above almost everything else out there. The resolution is the one thing that sets them apart then all the others and even their lower line such as the 600,700,800,900 series, like our "backup" c750. With a noticeable difference to the resolution of outputs, the lines of text and curves on artwork are super smooth. I may sound crazy, with my rant here, but I have been fighting KM for the last 4 months with quality being sub par, from the resolution to the color staying constant from sheet one to sheet 100 or even a thousand. We have ran tests and the color could shift noticeable between sheet one and sheet 10, un-acceptable for a print for pay business depending on quality constant outputs to sell to customers. We have found so many flaws that make the KMs half the machines the 8k was, even on KMs "flagship" the 14Ks, the output and the quality is the exact same between the 14k and the 7100, the only difference is the "time" between part replacement needs or failure of the part.
I would be glad to discuss with anyone who wants more info than what I have provided above, but it would have to be over the phone as this is far too much already to text and I don't even have the care or time to re-read or check this post for grammatical errors as I have to go back and assist my operator, yet today, four months into our machines lives with no resolution and with many of the problems never having a fix as they are inherent of the KM design, across all product lines.

Custom Search