PDA

View Full Version : C654e jams - actuator removal?

Custom Search

copyman
05-24-2022, 11:50 AM
Hi,

Customer reported vertical jamming on side. #11 section shows on display & 20-02 / 20-03 codes in history. *Machine will not reset showing #11 fuser / exit area jam.

I found one UFR stripper broke and actuator for the fusing loop sensors PS41 & 42. Apparently they ripped the jammed paper out & broke these parts.

I replaced the UFR stripper but could not remove the broken actuator to replace. I removed one screw from bottom of sensor holder and was able to lift one side but that was it. Could not see what was holding other side.

If anyone has had to replace this actuator or sensors it would be greatly appreciated to post the procedure.

Thank you

blackcat4866
05-24-2022, 06:58 PM
The most common causes of 20-02 and 20-03 is excessive paper dust collection in the registration roller area. PS38 and PS40 become buried in paper dust.

First remove the paper dust collector and clean it. Note: the reflector on the paper dust collector mates up to one of those reflective sensors.

The way to properly clean those sensors is to unclip the secondary transfer unit, but leave the wiring attached. If you disconnect the wiring you'll have a hell of a time reconnecting it. There are two loops, one front & one rear. You CAREFULLY spread the loops to release the secondary transfer assembly and move it aside to see PS38 & PS40. One of those sensors is reflective, one a photointerrupter.

You cannot properly clean the photointerrupter without moving the secondary transfer unit aside. Do I have a photo? Yes, so this photo shows the loop that you need to release at the rear. It also shows a broken transfer lever, won't have anything to do with your issue:

I don't have photos of the sensors themselves, but you'll be impressed how much paper dust is in there.
=^..^=

copyman
05-24-2022, 07:41 PM
Thanks cat. I will definitely clean those reg sensors when I return to machine. This most likely caused the original jams and they pulled paper backwards breaking actuator & stripper. I've had the reg assemble out on several models before without disconnecting wires. I should of been more clear and will edit original post if I can. The machine is in constant jam state and will not reset. Like I wrote in my original post there is a broken actuator for #41 & 42 sensor (have to remove fuser and sensors / actuator right in middle). It's a double actuator

blackcat4866
05-24-2022, 07:55 PM
Are these the two sensors you're referring to? Do you have the fuser out?:

Albonline
05-24-2022, 08:13 PM
Hi,

Customer reported vertical jamming on side. #11 section shows on display & 20-02 / 20-03 codes in history. *Machine will not reset showing #11 fuser / exit area jam.

I found one UFR stripper broke and actuator for the fusing loop sensors PS41 & 42. Apparently they ripped the jammed paper out & broke these parts.

I replaced the UFR stripper but could not remove the broken actuator to replace. I removed one screw from bottom of sensor holder and was able to lift one side but that was it. Could not see what was holding other side.

If anyone has had to replace this actuator or sensors it would be greatly appreciated to post the procedure.

Thank you

If your talking about the paper loop sensor actuator under the fixing unit. the plastic bracket has little locking tabs(claws)? its very brittle in most of these older units.

copyman
05-24-2022, 09:59 PM
Are these the two sensors you're referring to? Do you have the fuser out?:

yes PS41 & 42. had fuser out when I tried to remove

copyman
05-24-2022, 10:02 PM
If your talking about the paper loop sensor actuator under the fixing unit. the plastic bracket has little locking tabs(claws)? its very brittle in most of these older units.

Yes I saw the tabs and a few broke when trying to take out. Like I wrote in original post I removed one screw from under the sensors and was able to lift one side of sensor assembly up but that was it. Have you had those sensors out? Are you saying all I have to do it unhook the tabs to gain access to the sensors & actuator?

Thanks

Albonline
05-25-2022, 12:18 PM
Yes I saw the tabs and a few broke when trying to take out. Like I wrote in original post I removed one screw from under the sensors and was able to lift one side of sensor assembly up but that was it. Have you had those sensors out? Are you saying all I have to do it unhook the tabs to gain access to the sensors & actuator?

Thanks

the plastic parts come out by releasing the tabs , its tricky, but you can remove just the bracket holding the sensor to get access to the flag. its probably going to break. Good luck!

Albonline
05-25-2022, 12:28 PM
number of the holder (plastic part) for ps42. A0P0103902

actuator (flag) A0P0107500

actuator (lever) A0P0104001

copyman
05-25-2022, 06:07 PM
number of the holder (plastic part) for ps42. A0P0103902

actuator (flag) A0P0107500

actuator (lever) A0P0104001

I ordered the actuator but not the plastic cover. if cover does break will I be able to get customers machine up and running by replacing just the broken actuator? Can I leave cover off until I get a new cover? This is one of my biggest accounts and machine has been down for several days now!

Thanks again for all the great help!

tsbservice
05-25-2022, 06:33 PM
I ordered the actuator but not the plastic cover. if cover does break will I be able to get customers machine up and running by replacing just the broken actuator? Can I leave cover off until I get a new cover? This is one of my biggest accounts and machine has been down for several days now!

Good question, maybe you can run it without cover shading the light but it's a trial and error I guess.
Wish you best of luck although I couldn't help not having such MIF. Anyway great responses from great guys :)

Albonline
05-25-2022, 07:26 PM

not unless you figure some way of holding the cover in place. It's the mounting bracket for that whole mess.

Albonline
05-25-2022, 07:34 PM
if you are only changing the actuators they are mounted on this part. paper guide.

A0P0102901 it breaks also.

Albonline
05-25-2022, 07:43 PM
the a0p0 of the part number say's that these parts started to be used in the 2 series . do you have access to one to steal from?

Custom Search