PDA

View Full Version : Lock rental copier when client don't pay for them

Custom Search

Pireq
05-26-2022, 08:22 AM
Hi all

I'm renting some copiers ( Konica Minolta C220 or C224 ) and some of client's does not pay in time, im wondering how to lock remotelly machines, is there any way ? the only idea is to use something like Shelly 1PM (Shelly 1PM - Shelly Cloud (https://shelly.cloud/products/shelly-1pm-smart-home-automation-relay/)) and via connecting module to client's WiFi we can just remotelly "unplug" power to the machine.

There must be a smarter way to do this,

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

tsbservice
05-26-2022, 08:29 AM
Hi all

I'm renting some copiers ( Konica Minolta C220 or C224 ) and some of client's does not pay in time, im wondering how to lock remotelly machines, is there any way ? the only idea is to use something like Shelly 1PM (Shelly 1PM - Shelly Cloud (https://shelly.cloud/products/shelly-1pm-smart-home-automation-relay/)) and via connecting module to client's WiFi we can just remotelly "unplug" power to the machine.

There must be a smarter way to do this,

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
I don't think customers will let you access their network and control devices just like that.
Maybe include some penalty fees in contract in case they retard payments or leave them without toner...

Toxic
05-26-2022, 10:51 AM
You can use some module like that, i was also in the past thinking about that solution but i realize that is not solving problem , it is not hard to get wifi password from them.
There is also GSM modules and it is more indipendent from client actions.
My solution was to warn customer 1-2 times and if that does not have effect a simply go and pick up my machine and end the contract, i do not have time and energy to waste to argument with customers like that and beg for my money.

copyman
05-26-2022, 11:33 AM
Go there and remove machine. Take a baseball bat with you if necessary:cool:. Let someone else deal with it. There is a reason they are renting the copier, bad credit, etc!

I've never had much luck with rentals and was never profitable at all.

kingarthur
05-26-2022, 11:46 AM
We had a customer that rarely paid - so we set it to stop when it needed drums etc - we still made money on it - but they couldn't use their machine until they paid. how do you supply toners, does the customer keep a stock, or do you supply when the machine calls for it - either way - withhold toner.

patrickjlc
05-26-2022, 01:31 PM
We had a customer that rarely paid - so we set it to stop when it needed drums etc - we still made money on it - but they couldn't use their machine until they paid. how do you supply toners, does the customer keep a stock, or do you supply when the machine calls for it - either way - withhold toner.Same thing we do, we supply them with the machine, paper, and supplies for free and charge the customer by the copy, usually 5c each. We dont live them extra toner just in case they dont pay. If they are still not paying, i would go and turn on admin mode with password need to use.
Here in NYC like 30% of my customers are late at least 2 months and some refuse to pay...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

emujo2
05-26-2022, 03:07 PM
Some of these are really good ideas..I really like the "turn on life stop" and change the admin password..At least you can only get so upside down with them..E

BillyCarpenter
05-26-2022, 03:16 PM
I don't think customers will let you access their network and control devices just like that.
Maybe include some penalty fees in contract in case they retard payments or leave them without toner...

I think this is the best suggestion. No need to overcomplicate it. In fact, this is standard operating procedure.

wjurls
05-26-2022, 10:01 PM
Just a thought. Pre-program the machine with numerous ECM password accounts. Limit each account to 500 to 1,000 pages. You can then dole out those passwords as the customer exhausts them. No pay, no more passwords. They can even pre-pay for them in advance.

KenB
05-26-2022, 10:58 PM
About the only time rentals make sense is for something that is obviously temporary.

I know we’ve rented machines for political campaigns, golf tournaments, car races, and the like. Not necessarily financially rewarding on the surface, but almost all of them have been prestige exposure that did have very positive, lucrative results in the end.

An advantage is that equipment need not be new, just functional.

Vivilli
05-16-2023, 10:19 PM
In order to rent anything, you need to arrange everything well, correctly, so that neither the landlord nor the borrower has any questions. It is best to create a website, or use a website that has already been made a long time ago, where all the nuances will be taken into account. This is where I recently mentioned car rental software https://rentprog.com (https://rentprog.com/) Maybe someone else will find this information useful.

Synthohol
05-16-2023, 11:40 PM
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58276&d=1682951523

rrrohan
05-17-2023, 05:33 AM
just set some non existent option to enabled so it is in a constant error state

Custom Search