PDA

View Full Version : C-3110, Black Toner Lockout...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
05-27-2022, 05:21 PM
I have had this more than once on this series, and I usually just trade in or trash the machine as a result. Have checked/cleaned all the connections at the cartridge, tried clearing the Black toner count in softswitches, tried multiple toners...

I'm starting to think that this may be a Low Voltage Power Supply issue, seen this happen on other machines when the 12v line (or 5v, whatever) goes low and things start to go awry.

Anyone ever fixed this problem without replacing Logic boards?

Thanks in advance.
OC

tech51
05-27-2022, 07:15 PM
Had this on c3110 and c3100 p engines. Only way I’ve ever found to clear it is to fit a new image unit and toner at the same time.

tsbservice
05-27-2022, 07:23 PM
Did you tried Engine DIP switch 28?

Hint: use find to serach for "Choice of toner empty recovery mode" in SM.

Oystercopy
05-28-2022, 03:37 AM
Thanks guys... yes TSB, I did try DS 28; no change.
Have not tried replacing both the IU and the Toner at the same time, but I guess that's worth a shot.

I guess no one has had any other luck with voltages or circuit boards?
OC

jwai
05-29-2022, 01:52 PM
Exchanged K connector with other color for test?

Oystercopy
05-31-2022, 07:05 PM
Exchanged K connector with other color for test?

Nope, haven't done that. The problem is, the time involved in troubleshooting these things eclipses the cost of buying them used, from another wholesaler. I've had to trash 3 or 4 of them recently for this issue, which is sad, but
what are you gonna do?
OC

danifuenca
06-03-2022, 12:54 PM
1º Update Firmware

2º With NEW toner set in place go to Service Mode -> Machine -> New Replace Mode -> Select "New Release" -> exit service mode and restart the machine.

3º Enter Service Mode -> Machine -> New Replace Mode -> Select "No New Release" and exit service mode

Custom Search