PDA

View Full Version : is there cmos battery in the copier ricoh?

Custom Search

aviso66
05-28-2022, 02:47 AM
hi,

are there any cmos battery inside the ricoh machine that needs replacement?

slimslob
05-29-2022, 03:31 AM
On some Fax boards. Forget to set the jumper and you would get an error message.

Most of the early NVram had a battery built-in. Current NVram use flash memory or SSD technology.

KenB
05-29-2022, 04:12 AM
If no battery, what maintains the clock when the power is turned off?

I will rustle up a few manuals next week and check.

slimslob
05-29-2022, 04:37 AM
If no battery, what maintains the clock when the power is turned off?

I will rustle up a few manuals next week and check.

Way back when it was the built-in battery of the CMOS NVram. I had a customer who pulled an old Martini out of storage to use. The battery had died so had to set the clock for them and calibrate the touch screen. They were a time and materials account and did not want to pay for a new NVram. I had to show them how to calibrate the touch screen because every time there was a power outage,it lost the previous setting.

KenB
05-29-2022, 04:37 PM
Way back when it was the built-in battery of the CMOS NVram. I had a customer who pulled an old Martini out of storage to use. The battery had died so had to set the clock for them and calibrate the touch screen. They were a time and materials account and did not want to pay for a new NVram. I had to show them how to calibrate the touch screen because every time there was a power outage,it lost the previous setting.Back in the early 90s, one of the most popular (and reliable) Canon machines was the NP6650, and later the NP6650II. We had droves of them in the field.

There was a lithium (I think) battery that mounted to the frame with a clip, and had a pigtail connector that connected to the DC controller. The battery was for the clock on the display.

That sucker didn’t normally last even a year, and needed frequent replacing.

They were almost always on back order. Fortunately, the clock was not essential for operation, and most customers never even noticed the clock being wrong…but a few did.

Custom Search