PDA

View Full Version : Read data from MFP!

Custom Search

CP-1015
05-29-2022, 01:47 PM
Hello,
here, for various reasons, we have often been asked about programs for reading out the MFP. Among other things, for data acquisition on used machines, for remote maintenance and billing. To automate the tasks mentioned, I have written a program - with a claim to different possible uses.
As a first solution, in addition to brand, type, all meter readings and accessories, consumables are recorded and displayed graphically. In addition, a table with brand, type, total meter reading and accessories is created. Of course I can also read out other values, for example firmware versions. However, the previous version is intended to be used to record larger deliveries of used equipment.

So far on:
- bizhub 224e
- bizhub 25e
- ineo+ 284e
- bizhub C-287
- bizhub C-258
- bizhub C-368
- bizhub C-458
- bizhub 223 (restricted: only total meter reading and accessories ok)
tested.

Despite different standards, the databases are often structured in a similar way, but they are not all set up exactly the same. There are differences within individual brands for reasons of age, color or not, construction of the units, etc. And of course depending on the brand. To complete, I am missing some models from Minolta, for other brands all.

At Minolta it's mainly the i-models C-250i and C-3350i. But also "small" devices like the C-3350. And of course bizhub Pro and AccurioPrint. There will be no program adjustment for bizhub 223 and older.

If someone wants to read out missing models or other brands, they will receive an .exe file renamed .txt by e-mail or, if they wish, a USB stick by post. This allows an Excel file to be created within 2-3 minutes. Please email these to me with lists of counters, status and accessories.
As a small thank you: The stick with only 2GB is perfect for firmware updates afterwards.

Thank you in advance for your support!

I have deliberately avoided using websites, graphics, videos and photos so that my request for support is not considered improper advertising. Please message admins if banned anyway. Thanks!

CP-1015

emujo2
05-29-2022, 03:10 PM
You are trying to recreate the wheel here..KM already has a robust tool called vcare in place..Vcare provides SNMP info on everything from meters, consumable life counters, error, jams, firmware versions ect. This info is continually reported to a centralized server system that gives our techs almost real time data on the status of the machine. The reports are encrypted and are useless as a downloaded file..I just may not be unable to understand what you are looking for in your post, but I'm sure that the possible reward of a 2gb USB drive is not going to get many takers..

CP-1015
05-29-2022, 03:31 PM
Thanks for your answer.
KM didn't found the wheel in this case. IETF found a protocol. And everybody can use it.
This first version is only for wholesalers that deal with used machines. They have to label the machines and they must have a list. Both makes my software. It's not neccessary to encrypt the dates in this case. They don't have access to vcare. They can work faster with automatication written lists and labels. I only need test for other models and brands I don't have by myself.

jotunn
05-30-2022, 05:52 AM
I can help in spare time with mostly Minolta, but also with some Ricoh, Kyocera, Canon models. The longer you can wait, the more machines I can collect.

CP-1015
05-30-2022, 06:11 AM
I can help in spare time with mostly Minolta, but also with some Ricoh, Kyocera, Canon models. The longer you can wait, the more machines I can collect.

That' great! Do you want to have stick or only file?

jotunn
05-30-2022, 06:16 AM
File will be enough - you can use WeTransfer / Wesendit and PM me with a link.

tsbservice
05-30-2022, 07:11 AM
Yes I can do it. Please PM me the file.

CP-1015
05-30-2022, 09:13 AM
Thanks advaned to @jotunn and @tsbservice. I've changed programm so it works without USB-pen and translated documentation to English. Three links from WeTransfer with the files I've sent per PM. Every typ and brand is allready tested I'll wrote to the other in the upper list.

Toxic
05-30-2022, 09:18 AM
Count me in too

techsxge
05-30-2022, 09:24 AM
Thanks advaned to @jotunn and @tsbservice. I've changed programm so it works without USB-pen and translated documentation to English. Three links from WeTransfer with the files I've sent per PM. Every typ and brand is allready tested I'll wrote to the other in the upper list.
I can test some machines too. We mostly have rebranded KM (Olivetti) both old and new machines

CP-1015
05-30-2022, 09:55 AM
I can test some machines too. We mostly have rebranded KM (Olivetti) both old and new machines

Thanks to you, too.

I think KM and Olivetti data are identical if machines are identical. We will see after getting data. But there are some only similar.

blackcat4866
05-30-2022, 02:50 PM
Isn't this same information all available on the Management Report? The only benefit you may get is acquiring data off of a printer that currently doesn't print. =^..^=

CP-1015
05-30-2022, 03:25 PM
Isn't this same information all available on the Management Report? The only benefit you may get is acquiring data off of a printer that currently doesn't print. =^..^=

Information is in the machine. I only read it. Most wholeseller make per hand. My programm does it in 20 seconds (reading data structur needs more time) List and label. If you have to evaluate 10, 40 or more machines, it needs much time. In the last years I have had done often.

tsbservice
05-30-2022, 06:18 PM

Agree that information would be in MML but tech should know were and what's looking for and those are like 10 files each with different info. So maybe in therms of speed and convenience his way is better we will see.

CP-1015
05-31-2022, 06:23 AM
Agree that information would be in MML but tech should know were and what's looking for and those are like 10 files each with different info. So maybe in therms of speed and convenience his way is better we will see.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Of course everything is included in the MML and others. I don't invent anything new, I just read out existing data in a targeted manner. Prepare them graphically and save or print them out within 20 seconds. The great advantage over typing by hand lies in reading out. The data in the MML is far too extensive for a wholesaler. I'm just missing different types at KM and other brands completely to complete the program. That's why I wrote the program newModels. This allows me to adapt the actual program to the data structure of different types and brands. Thanks!

CP-1015
06-08-2022, 06:55 AM
Now, bizhub C-754 is tested, too.

emujo2
06-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Can anyone who is helping him please explain in English what he is trying to do and what his report is supposed to do?

blackcat4866
06-08-2022, 02:21 PM
The way I understand it, this software gathers Management List data like consumable life and counts, for the purposes of evaluating a used machine for possible purchase.

The only benefit I see to this software is to gather data from a printer in an unable-to-print error condition.

This data can easily be reset or spoofed (reset chips) without changing parts, so ... without actually looking at the consumables & print quality, I don't see how it helps evaluating the machine very much. You may catch obviously past-life consumables. That's about it. =^..^=

CP-1015
06-08-2022, 02:42 PM
The only advantage: It works automatically within 20 seconds! Every wholesaler has to label his machines (PDF file and print automatical) and he needs a list (automatical file):

https://we.tl/t-BJN3yIbNgn

For wholesaler it's only one version. I'm no official KM Dealer. I have no access to their software - so I have to make my one.

CP-1015
06-08-2022, 05:09 PM
Got today new from a hardworking helper:
bizhub 367
Ricoh IM C3000
Thank you very much.
The software newmodels is only for me to understand data construction. It reeds about 6-7000 values. For seeing consumables life by KM machines software switch 227 set to hex 00. For comparison I need counter-, consumables- and accessories list, too.
From KM I need speziale C-250i
C-3350
C-3350i

Whether C-250i or C-300i or C-360i is irrelevant. Thanks advanced!

CP-1015
06-12-2022, 03:27 PM
When checking whether my program is compatible with the bizhub 4050, the question about the content of the maintenance kit pops up
on.

derrekflo
06-14-2022, 10:03 PM
I can help with some models

CP-1015
06-15-2022, 08:03 AM
I can help with some models

That's great. What models? Thanks advanced.

derrekflo
06-17-2022, 02:31 AM
Ricoh Mp402
Ricoh Mpc 5503
Ricoh Mpc 6502
Konica minolta Bz C654

CP-1015
06-17-2022, 06:29 AM
Ricoh Mp402
Ricoh Mpc 5503
Ricoh Mpc 6502
Konica minolta Bz C654

Hello,
thanks for your help.
bizhub C-654 maybe the same like C-754 but the Ricoh modells are very interest.
Here are the WeTransfer links
Documentation: https://we.tl/t-L82yERfdjs
newmodels.exe: https://we.tl/t-NUJXOw9C0Z
IP.txt: https:https://we.tl/t-PIXyCEzAQo
If any missfunktion please send me PM.
Best regards

CP-1015
06-21-2022, 06:06 AM
Thanks for a helper which delivered data from

KONICA MINOLTA bizhub PRO C1060L.

CP-1015
08-15-2022, 12:30 PM
Thanks to jotunn! Thanks to him I was able to rewrite the actual program (newmodells is only for learning the data structure) so that it works for all Minolta models. Now other brands are interesting. For example, whether identical Olivetti models have the same data structure. I also turn to the individual brand forums. I also need counter and status lists for assignment.
If anyone else wants to help, please message me for a new link to "newmodels". I ask you to respect the copyrights. Thanks!
Many thanks in advance for your help!

techsxge
08-15-2022, 12:37 PM
Thanks to jotunn! Thanks to him I was able to rewrite the actual program (newmodells is only for learning the data structure) so that it works for all Minolta models. Now other brands are interesting. For example, whether identical Olivetti models have the same data structure. I also turn to the individual brand forums. I also need counter and status lists for assignment.
If anyone else wants to help, please message me for a new link to "newmodels". I ask you to respect the copyrights. Thanks!
Many thanks in advance for your help!
Olivetti has the same data structure. The only actual difference is that it says Olivetti instead of Konica Minolta on the front. Some Machines even have KM address printed on the back right above the power plug

I'd like to get the new version if possible

CP-1015
08-15-2022, 01:14 PM
Olivetti has the same data structure. The only actual difference is that it says Olivetti instead of Konica Minolta on the front. Some Machines even have KM address printed on the back right above the power plug

I'd like to get the new version if possible

Really? I found small difference between KM bizhub C-224e and Develop ineo+ 224e. It's no problem, but Olivetti machines are not all indentical to KM machines, some are only similar. And for excample D-Copia 4000/5000MF seems not form KM. It would be great, if you could help.

Edit: For excample the Olivetti models from C-250i Series have another drum unit. It would be interest if the data structur is identical.

techsxge
08-15-2022, 01:30 PM
Really? I found small difference between KM bizhub C-224e and Develop ineo+ 224e. It's no problem, but Olivetti machines are not all indentical to KM machines, some are only similar. And for excample D-Copia 4000/5000MF seems not form KM. It would be great, if you could help.

Edit: For excample the Olivetti models from C-250i Series have another drum unit. It would be interest if the data structur is identical.
OK i have not compared all KM Machines to the Olivetti Counterpart as i am not a KM Dealer but Olivetti. But for the main office machines i have not seen any differences except for the hardware coded parts.

CP-1015
08-16-2022, 07:51 AM

Thank you for your help! I am happy to accept your offer with identical Olivetti machines. Then it will be shown whether the data structure is identical. The WeTransfer links again for you and other helpers:

Documentation: https://we.tl/t-jpYHZY2jCv
IP.txt: https://we.tl/t-M5ID9FxswC
newmodels.exe: https://we.tl/t-cFGniRtiF4
If any missfunktion please send me message!

All brands and models except Konica Minolta/Develop are interesting. Many thanks for your help in advance!

Custom Search