PDA

View Full Version : CQ BH C454e - Scanned Image Issue

Custom Search

D Colour
05-31-2022, 03:52 PM
Hi

Have a strange issue on a C454e were it is putting a dotted line on scans. It happens on scans through the dual scan DF (tried dual scan board and another DF) and on the glass, single sided and duplex originals.

Fault does not occur on copies through DF or on glass. Prints are also fine. So its not optics or consumables.

Dots look digital and run edge to edge, portrait or landscape.

The problem seems to be related to grayscale only. It does not occur when you scan in black or in colour. Have set machine up to default scan in colour for now.

Tried scanning in as PDF, compact pdf, jpeg and tiff. All have the dots.

Ran self diagnostic in service with no faults showing.

What could be adding these dots onto the digital image in grayscale (and why!)? Faulty memory or HD?

Running the latest standard firmware at G20-M1.

Thanks for any help!

tsbservice
05-31-2022, 04:13 PM
What if you disconnect DF and its board and scan of the glass(DF is only like original cover)?
Maybe I will make HDD logical format if problem persists.

copyman
06-01-2022, 03:31 AM
Hi

Have a strange issue on a C454e were it is putting a dotted line on scans. It happens on scans through the dual scan DF (tried dual scan board and another DF) and on the glass, single sided and duplex originals.

Fault does not occur on copies through DF or on glass. Prints are also fine. So its not optics or consumables.

The problem seems to be related to grayscale only. It does not occur when you scan in black or in colour. Have set machine up to default scan in colour for now.

What could be adding these dots onto the digital image in grayscale (and why!)? Faulty memory or HD?

Thanks for any help!

Just when I thought I saw it all! Really weird the dots are perfectly spaced apart like. Only thing different when scanning is doc feeder runs faster. Perhaps something with the CCD unit & scanning?

Sorry wish I could be more help.

femaster
06-01-2022, 03:47 AM
Not really sure what might be causing that, but try running a scan at 200dpi and one at 600dpi through the ADF. The ADF will run faster at 200dpi and slower at 600dpi. See in the spacing between the dots is different at each speed.

copier tech
06-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Hi

Thanks for any help!

Dude this document has your clients mobile number, email & site address. I would take this down ASAP & use another document!.

copyman
06-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Dude this document has your clients mobile number, email & site address. I would take this down ASAP & use another document!.

I was thinking that too but not really any critical information. Free advertising! All that information can be found publicly or on a business card.

Custom Search