PDA

View Full Version : c6500 white splotches

Custom Search

ReRe
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm getting white splotches on prints that have a lot of coverage. I'm not a tech, so excuse me if I'm not using the appropriate jargon. :) the tech came in yesterday and said first, that it was only splotching in the cyan. then he changed the drums and replaced cyan dev. The problem has not been resolved and he says it must be the paper. paper is set to highest gsm as it should be, and even at 115% darker, which is where it needs to be set to obtain consistent color for the client. It's not wierd paper, just 100lb Via Smooth. We run it all the time through our c6500 with no problems. the last time this happened we upped the charge +3 on all colors... Is that a bad idea to try this time around? thanks so much.
ReRe

random
01-14-2009, 06:22 AM
If you have white spots that repeat down the page then it is the drum, this is a know problem and konica has released a new type of drum to resolve the issue.

buster68
01-14-2009, 08:42 PM
It could also be the developer unit itself. If the problem developer unit has between 600k and 1million prints on it, then it may need to be replaced.

DanKMBS
01-14-2009, 11:08 PM
It was the paper. As the tech that services that machine, I don't jump on the paper excuse very easily. Today I proved it again. We took the same paper from 2 different lots, cut it down to size, and ran a series of test pages, and the job in question. All of the prints from one box of paper had spots, and all the prints from the other box came out fine.

I know other techs that jump on the paper excuse, but I like to prove it.

pspahr
01-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Hi, I'm customer X and I have an issue with my equipment. The tech says that it is caused by (insert reason) but becuase it's not happened before in this environment it cannot possibly be caused by the reason given by the trained technician despite proof. Everyone knows that conditions are ALWAYS perfect at all times and never vary, even over many years of use and abuse....Oh, and as the customer, we know that ALL PAPER IS THE EXACT SAME even though there are multiple paper weights, sizes, textures, etc. etc. Therefore the tech is always wrong, or he is lying to me, the customer, just becuase he doesn't like me.......And we customers know that the tech has everything to gain by lying to me and keeping the machine in a non working condition. It gives him job security and his boss is a masochist who loves to listen to customers call and complain about the poorly performing machine. Also, when will you slimy worthless techs learn that I AM NEVER WRONG and if I say the machine is at fault then it is. I should never be expected to conform to the minimum requirements of the machine such as spacing, room temp, proper power, correct paper, proper storage of paper and other supplies, or even maintenance. And I also know that I am either your only customer or the most important customer you have and I expect you to camp out in the adjacent parking lot from my business. If by some chance you have other customers to attend to they will surely understand that they are nothing more than piss-ants and must wait.

Sorry for the rant--just a bit tired of these azzclowns forgetting that they decided to buy a really good copier to take the place of a quarter million dollar press......oh, and just because the sales person (pc) said it will feed a 2x4 doesn't mean it will, or should. If you believed him then you, the customer who signed the paperwork for the machine, are a complete and total idiot.

Setright
01-15-2009, 05:46 AM
pspahr....in a twisted way I am glad to hear that you experience the same sort of customers as me. It's reassures me that I may not be completely crazy after all :D

Si@danwood
01-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi, I'm customer X and I have an issue with my equipment. The tech says that it is caused by (insert reason) but becuase it's not happened before in this environment it cannot possibly be caused by the reason given by the trained technician despite proof. Everyone knows that conditions are ALWAYS perfect at all times and never vary, even over many years of use and abuse....Oh, and as the customer, we know that ALL PAPER IS THE EXACT SAME even though there are multiple paper weights, sizes, textures, etc. etc. Therefore the tech is always wrong, or he is lying to me, the customer, just becuase he doesn't like me.......And we customers know that the tech has everything to gain by lying to me and keeping the machine in a non working condition. It gives him job security and his boss is a masochist who loves to listen to customers call and complain about the poorly performing machine. Also, when will you slimy worthless techs learn that I AM NEVER WRONG and if I say the machine is at fault then it is. I should never be expected to conform to the minimum requirements of the machine such as spacing, room temp, proper power, correct paper, proper storage of paper and other supplies, or even maintenance. And I also know that I am either your only customer or the most important customer you have and I expect you to camp out in the adjacent parking lot from my business. If by some chance you have other customers to attend to they will surely understand that they are nothing more than piss-ants and must wait.

Sorry for the rant--just a bit tired of these azzclowns forgetting that they decided to buy a really good copier to take the place of a quarter million dollar press......oh, and just because the sales person (pc) said it will feed a 2x4 doesn't mean it will, or should. If you believed him then you, the customer who signed the paperwork for the machine, are a complete and total idiot.
:D:D:D:D:D:D hey i have a half dozen like this!!!! Excellent post though

ReRe
01-15-2009, 03:41 PM
pspahr, I love your very funny post! You have quite a unique way with words. You really achieved your goal of making me feel like an azzclown! Thank you for putting me in my place, because as we can all see, it was very rude and inappropriate of me to ask a printing question on a printing forum. My tech was right about the paper. He is very good at what he does and knows so, because I have a tendency of telling him on a regular basis. I'm sorry that your customers are so terrible to you. That must be tough. I can see you have a lot of built up anger and aggression because of it. I know it's probably quit a burden for you, always being right and all, but I can tell you now, I've been wrong before and I'm sure sometime, in my life, I'll be wrong again. I don't have any problem admitting that, I am only human, after all. But I'm glad that you were able to vent on me. Do you feel better? (Big Hug) I bet you do. :) You techs are great and we customers appreciate all your help, even if some of us aren't so nice to you. :( But remember, we're not all azzclowns. ;)

DanKMBS
01-15-2009, 10:54 PM
OH MY GOD!!! A woman admitted she was wrong!!!!! Everyone mark it down on your calendars!!!

All kidding aside, I always appreciate it when a customer gives me a compliment. THANKS!

I do have to admit, she is one of my better customers.

Setright
01-16-2009, 04:11 AM
.... My tech was right about the paper. He is very good at what he does and knows so, because I have a tendency of telling him on a regular basis. ............. But remember, we're not all azzclowns. ;)

As I read pspahr's post, I don't see him calling you out by name? The general subject of this thread just triggered a general rant.

Still, I have to ask: If your faith in the named tech is so great, why are you here second-guessing him in the first place?

This is a forum for tech's after all, and you really should not visit here as a customer if you are easily offended. It would actually be cool if there was a www.copyusersnet.com (http://www.copyusersnet.com) where customers could rant about us, without anyone getting their toes stepped on.

pspahr
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Setright is correct: I called no one out by name. Also, I did rant, happens occassionally.

Copyusernet.com would probably be helpful.

ReRe: Twas not a personal jab at you, although you ARE second guessing your tech, Dan. Wanting a second opinion is fine, I suppose, and necessary in todays culture of "dime-a-dozen" techs. But for the most part a tech working on a higher end color machine is almost certainly not lying to you.

ReRe
01-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Call me out by name? What is that supposed to mean? What, did he have to say ReRe, you're an azzclown in order for me to rightly feel offended? It's ok, though. I wasn't offended. Why would I be. It would be silly for me to let strangers on a printing forum affect my daily well being. I'm generally a pretty cool person, with a pretty good attitute. :rolleyes: I was just surprised that I received such a hostile response to such a generic question. The reason I got on here was to search for a little help, as my tech was busy with other clients that day. I can see now that I'm really not welcome on this forum and that's just fine. I don't want to get anyone's panties in a bunch. But just so you know, this forum is not exclusively for techs. Read the agreement. You signed it. What baffles me is that both of the techs that I've had have been super cool people. One even sings to us while he's here :) So, as you can imagine, I was thrown for a loop by the inconsiderate, down right mean responses I've received from techs here on Copytechnet. But it's all good. Sorry I interuppted your free flowing customer free atmosphere. I guess I can understand, as a graphic designer, some of my clients are TERRIBLE! and some days I just feel like everyone sucks because of the crap they put me through. But, I don't generally take my anger out on unsuspecting strangers looking for a bit of advise. But again, not eveyone can be as cool as me. ;) Till next time!

pspahr
01-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Call me out by name? What is that supposed to mean? What, did he have to say ReRe, you're an azzclown in order for me to rightly feel offended? It's ok, though. I wasn't offended. Why would I be. It would be silly for me to let strangers on a printing forum affect my daily well being. I'm generally a pretty cool person, with a pretty good attitute. :rolleyes: I was just surprised that I received such a hostile response to such a generic question. The reason I got on here was to search for a little help, as my tech was busy with other clients that day. I can see now that I'm really not welcome on this forum and that's just fine. I don't want to get anyone's panties in a bunch. But just so you know, this forum is not exclusively for techs. Read the agreement. You signed it. What baffles me is that both of the techs that I've had have been super cool people. One even sings to us while he's here :) So, as you can imagine, I was thrown for a loop by the inconsiderate, down right mean responses I've received from techs here on Copytechnet. But it's all good. Sorry I interuppted your free flowing customer free atmosphere. I guess I can understand, as a graphic designer, some of my clients are TERRIBLE! and some days I just feel like everyone sucks because of the crap they put me through. But, I don't generally take my anger out on unsuspecting strangers looking for a bit of advise. But again, not eveyone can be as cool as me. ;) Till next time!

Ya know, I've found that graphic designers tend to be a bit dillusional.

This is the internet, most of the time we are nice. Occassionally you're going to get flamed.

As for not being offended: you sure seem to be screaming and making a rather large deal for one who is not offeneded.

ReRe
01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
you have a bit of a control issue don't you Pal?

pspahr
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Nope, don't believe so. I've not yet begun to lose control. However, ReRe, you may want to up your dosage!

ReRe
01-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I surely will. 2 shots after work instead of 1. :eek: :D

random
01-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Well we all have response times right? So as long as you get there within that time the customer has nothing to complain about.

I guess in the past I have done myself a disservice by running to the squeaky wheel while those that have come in before them get knocked back one. All this ended up doing is giving the squeaky wheel the expectation that Im gonna be there as soon as. So I have dropped that now.

Some customers expect you on-site instantly but sometimes what they really need is for you to turn up 30-45 seconds before the response time. Any earlier and your over achieving.

As for stock issues I always have a ream of 300 sitting in the office should the proof be required.

Custom Search