PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here... Help?

Custom Search

ReRe
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
No one replied to my post. :confused: I'm hoping someone can help. I'm getting white splotches on prints that have a lot of coverage. I'm not a tech, so excuse me if I'm not using the appropriate jargon. the tech came in yesterday and said first, that it was only splotching in the cyan. then he changed the drums and replaced cyan dev. The problem has not been resolved and he says it must be the paper. paper is set to highest gsm as it should be, and even at 115% darker, which is where it needs to be set to obtain consistent color for the client. It's not wierd paper, just 100lb Via Smooth. We run it all the time through our c6500 with no problems. the last time this happened we upped the charge +3 on all colors... Is that a bad idea to try this time around? thanks so much.
ReRe

fixthecopier
01-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I do not know about your first post but, you need to give a lot of specific info to get a response, like type of machine, meter count, info on supplies, ect, ect. I do not know what color machine you are talking about. If it has a service contract, leave it alone. If it does not, then leave it alone. If you think the tech is feeding you a line, blaming it on the paper, then have him do what I would do. Bring better paper and prove it. You are not a tech, you should not do anything other than change supplies. Just make sure you get the service you pay for. Good Luck!

Custom Search