PDA

View Full Version : C3300i toner

Custom Search

jwai
06-07-2022, 10:20 AM
Dear all,

I wanna ask, how many pages of initial toner cartridge( mainly text documents )already installed in new printer?

Best regards,

Gift
06-07-2022, 11:58 AM
AFAIK there are no "starter" cartridges installed

jwai
06-07-2022, 06:09 PM
AFAIK there are no "starter" cartridges installed

Our Asia pacific region there have 4 toner cartridge been installed into printer.
One customer called M toner nearly empty, however the color printing is quite low.

femaster
06-07-2022, 06:54 PM
Our Asia pacific region there have 4 toner cartridge been installed into printer.
One customer called M toner nearly empty, however the color printing is quite low.

There is an issue with that style of machine where the developer mix is getting compacted on the bottom of the image units. There has been firmware updates to address the issue, but if the problem is already happening the image unit may need a little help also. That is most likely what is happening with that machine.

We had a C3350i that was going through magenta toner like crazy. I found that the TCR value in magenta never changed, and was stuck at around 4.65% all the time. The machine was constantly adding magenta toner. I ended up removing the magenta image unit and tapping along the whole bottom of the unit with the handle of my screwdriver, especially near the sensor, to free up the compacted developer. After reinstalling the image unit, the TCR value was up over 10%. I ran a number of half-tones at 255 to bring the level down near normal and it has been working perfectly ever since.

Start with making sure you have the latest firmware and function version. After that I'd pull out each image unit and tap the bottom of them. You will hopefully be good to go afterwards.

jwai
06-08-2022, 02:55 PM
I visited the customer, color printed 28XX black 12XX, firmware G00-J9.
The machine showed replace toner M, so i checked TCR first M had 6.0%, others 6.XX.
It ran long long time after new toner is replaced, i removed the new toner out, checked shutters of both previous toner cartridge and IU and rotation of toner supply motor and toner cartridge.
I removed IU(M) and found a thin layer toner on drum surface, cleaned contacts and checked sleeve roller.
Poured a little lit toner to IU(M), installed back original toner cartridge and ran few minutes the predrive stopped, checked TCR (M) is 5.98
Got TCR toner supply of service mode, TCR (M) changed to 6.34

jwai
06-17-2022, 10:08 AM
I checked both C3300i and C3320i they don't have toner reset mode if toner chip malfunction, right?

elmaligno
06-17-2022, 11:37 AM
I checked both C3300i and C3320i they don't have toner reset mode if toner chip malfunction, right?

Yes, they havenīt

tech51
06-18-2022, 05:51 PM
Yes they do. Engine firmware switch 6.
Doesn’t reset the gauge but allows the machine to run.
Set the switch, exit service mode and open/close the front door.
It some times takes a few goes opening and closing the door for it to come ready.
Just depends how undertoned the relevant iu is.

tech51
06-18-2022, 08:36 PM
There is an issue with that style of machine where the developer mix is getting compacted on the bottom of the image units. There has been firmware updates to address the issue, but if the problem is already happening the image unit may need a little help also. That is most likely what is happening with that machine.

We had a C3350i that was going through magenta toner like crazy. I found that the TCR value in magenta never changed, and was stuck at around 4.65% all the time. The machine was constantly adding magenta toner. I ended up removing the magenta image unit and tapping along the whole bottom of the unit with the handle of my screwdriver, especially near the sensor, to free up the compacted developer. After reinstalling the image unit, the TCR value was up over 10%. I ran a number of half-tones at 255 to bring the level down near normal and it has been working perfectly ever since.

Start with making sure you have the latest firmware and function version. After that I'd pull out each image unit and tap the bottom of them. You will hopefully be good to go afterwards.

I made a tool to attach to a cordless drill so I can spin the dev section and tap the unit as described above.

It has worked well on the few units I’ve done so far👍

Custom Search