PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-3511 with KM Bizhub Press C1060

Custom Search

OverKnight
06-07-2022, 11:06 PM
I have model c1060 with the C-3511 code... I am also posting this separately from another thread to address the c1060 directly.

Does anyone know if this code supersedes all others when starting? Codes are cleared and the fuser is disconnected from the drawer and the system still starts with C-3511. I find this odd as the door is open and instead that message should appear first, no?

If the temperature sensors or the lamps are bad and immediately throw the code, how would it know? It's literally disconnected from the system to even register!

My guess from research and common thinking is a possible failure of A50UR70M00, Power Supply / 1 and it's ability to code with my simple test. If I had a spare fuser, this would have been easily answered. LOL

Short story, Friday everything was operational, Tuesday C-3511 (cold start). Not sure if it's relevant, but I found a few broken parts along the way: A50U738400, Lifting Arm /2 and A50U724101, Belt Regulating Sleeve. Both are supportive devices, but don't appear to be detrimental to operation, more for ventilation and creep. By some miracle, the parts went down to the bottom side missing the fuser roller and belt entirely. Nothing that would code out immediately.

So here I am. :-)

Toxic
06-08-2022, 07:49 AM
After error codes related to fusing temperature you must reset dipsw.

WARNING
• When the PB glue tank temperature abnormality (C1540 to C1562) or the fusing temperature abnormality (C3501 to C3912, 3917)
occurs, be sure to repair the defective parts and change the software DIPSW3-1 of the service mode to 0. If DIPSW3-1 is set to 0
before defective parts are fixed, it may cause fire.

OverKnight
06-08-2022, 04:17 PM
After error codes related to fusing temperature you must reset dipsw.

That's what I figured. I went into Software DIPSW Setting and checked, set it to 3-1, 0 and did a cold restart. C-3511...

So I did the opposite, set it to 3-1, 1 and did a cold restart but this time went back into the Software DIPSW and then set it back to 3-1, 0. Restarted normally and test printed fine.

I'm sure it was a simple thing, but I cleaned and checked all the connections to be sure as well. Found more problems along the way and now its time to order more parts. LOL

Thanks.

OverKnight
06-08-2022, 06:59 PM
Spoke to soon...

Code C-3511 is cleared, proving that the power and lamps are working. C-3104 came up which was completely odd, so I the cleaned the PS24-26 sensors and hand turned the gears to check for consistency. Got that to go away BUT, after running another few test sheets the C-3903 code comes up, cleared that and repeats now every time. I assume that A50UM50600, Fusing Temperature Sensor/2 (TH2) is faulty?

Let me know if anyone agrees with this prognosis or has anything to add from their experience.

Thanks!

Toxic
06-08-2022, 07:25 PM
Yes, it is high chance that sensor is the problem.
I replaced that type of sensors (non contact) quite often on all machines.
If i remember good that 2 sensors are the same ,only different is wires length and you can switch places of sensors connectors and check if error will change.

wjurls
06-10-2022, 06:47 PM
Those infrared sensors are a common fail point. For some reason I see more Temp Sensor 1 failures than I do Temp sensor 2. You can monitor what the sensors are reading in State confirmation mode, 45-0 = (temp sensor 1, 45-1= (temp sensor 2). They should be within a few points of each other. I've also seen them intermittently fail. I.E. come out of warm up just long enough for you to pack up the tools and leave just for the customer to call back when you are halfway to the next call.

wjurls
06-10-2022, 06:48 PM
If i remember good that 2 sensors are the same ,only different is wires length and you can switch places of sensors connectors and check if error will change.

Wire length as well as a different connector. One has a 4 pin, the other has A 3 PIN.

OverKnight
06-30-2022, 06:56 PM
Wire length as well as a different connector. One has a 4 pin, the other has A 3 PIN.

Ordered and replaced A50UM50600, Fusing Temperature Sensor/2, the one with the longer wire without too much hassle. Did the trick!

OverKnight
06-30-2022, 07:08 PM

Just wanted to help conclude this thread for someone else's future problem searching for C-3903:

Replaced A50UM50600, Fusing Temperature Sensor/2 (longest of the two sensors) over a week ago now and everything has been running without issue.

There are a few loose ends and other parts to be ordered. A50UR73300, Neutralizing Spring Assy, the odd inside contact for the fuser roller was snapped off, but I assume it's been like that for a while. I didn't find the piece and reassembled it as is. It's running fine, but I imagine replacing it would be ideal for what it's worth. Surprised to find that the part was only $8. Must be a popular. LOL

Thanks to all!

Custom Search