PDA

View Full Version : CE Password Recovery

Custom Search

Elmo
06-09-2022, 10:27 AM
Hi
Can anyone help i have had a Konica Minolta Bizhub Press C7000 come in and the CE Password has been changed
iam unable to get it from the previous customer
is there a procedure to reset it ? like with the C458 etc you can get a reset code to send to Konica
Thanks for any advise

jotunn
06-09-2022, 08:42 PM
As far, as I know, there was no official possibility to bypass or reset unknown CE password in production printers (doesn't matter color or BW) - the only way was NVRAM replacement.

However, I'll wait for others oppinion.

PS. Maybe it's just CE Authentication set to ON, and there's still default password?

Elmo
06-10-2022, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the reply
I have tried the defaults and all odd combos i can think of
ce authentication is turned off in Admin-security

techsxge
06-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the reply
I have tried the defaults and all odd combos i can think of
ce authentication is turned off in Admin-security

Have you tried the defaults 92729272 or 9272927292729272 ?
And also 1 thing i always give a shot is something like Customers Name and Customers name + Machine Names Number, in your case 7000, so it would look like CustomerName7000

Elmo
06-14-2022, 03:40 PM
Yes have used all default and known passwords it is only an 8 digit password but still cant get in to service

techsxge
06-14-2022, 04:46 PM
Yes have used all default and known passwords it is only an 8 digit password but still cant get in to service
Well if you can't contact the original dealer or person who set the Password, i am afraid then there is no other solution than replacing NVRAM like Jotunn said.

otphas
08-26-2022, 11:42 PM
Try 5624 + last 4 digits from the serial !

Woxner
08-27-2022, 02:58 AM
This might let you in. It will allow you to disable ce password mode.
Before the enhanced security settings can be disabled in Security Mode, enhanced security must be disabled in administrator settings. Access administrator settings, select Security and disable before accessing Security Mode and turning it off.

otphas
08-27-2022, 06:21 AM
I have the same problem , but with 1051 pro , i cant enter in service mode , CE pass is changed and all know passes not work , i think i need new Nvram . I am not sure what will happen if i disconnect the battery on NVram , maybe will kill the Nvram ?

tulintron
08-30-2022, 08:04 PM
How much does it cost you to pay for an NVRAM and how long does it take to resolve?

I can solve it now for half the price

emujo2
08-30-2022, 08:18 PM
That's a pretty bold statement..We have KM reps that say this can't be done w/o a NVRAM..Would you mind explaining how you intend to perform this magic? E

otphas
08-30-2022, 09:40 PM
Nobody offer me to resolve the problem, so half price from what ?

tulintron
08-30-2022, 09:46 PM
That's a pretty bold statement..We have KM reps that say this can't be done w/o a NVRAM..Would you mind explaining how you intend to perform this magic? EIf I explain to you, I teach you. Your knowledge is more than enough to understand what I say. I just reset the password to default

tulintron
08-30-2022, 09:48 PM
Nobody offer me to resolve the problem, so half price from what ?Half the price of a new NVRAM and the waiting time for it and also the teaching.

tulintron
08-30-2022, 09:50 PM
I'm not one to charge for help, but that was a long time before I found out. Long time.

Honestly I don't think it's fair to leave it here for end users.

It is a valuable service because no one knows. But it's a fair price

Alexsky
08-31-2022, 09:07 PM
Não sou de cobrar por ajuda, mas isso foi muito antes de eu descobrir. Muito tempo.

Honestamente, não acho justo deixá-lo aqui para os usuários finais.

É um serviço valioso porque ninguém sabe. Mas é um preço justo

I agree with tulitron, and there is a way to return the default password

I also have a solution too, valuable yes, because "almost" no one knows how to do it

techsxge
09-01-2022, 07:23 AM
1. Toggle off enhanced Security
2. Do a Trouble Reset
3. Press the Menu Button for 4 Secs
4. You should ow see the Service Mode.

This worked for me once, although it might be that i had special Firmware running.

Since all Machines are able to run in a Network, you could use Tellnet to get into the Machine and either reset the password or just read it out. Have done this with older Machines, didnt bother with new Machines because i had then access to reset tools

techsxge
09-01-2022, 07:00 PM
I agree with tulitron, and there is a way to return the default password

I also have a solution too, valuable yes, because "almost" no one knows how to do it
Would you be willing to share this with me in private Message?

otphas
09-01-2022, 07:14 PM
This not work on 1051 !

Alexsky
09-02-2022, 12:07 AM
Would you be willing to share this with me in private Message?

If you are willing to pay for information and knowledge?

techsxge
09-02-2022, 08:19 AM
If you are willing to pay for information and knowledge?
If you're trynna sell some information, this forum might not be the right place for it.

This is a Forum where we are helping out each other with our knowledge for free, not to make a quick buck

Alexsky
09-10-2022, 12:42 AM
If you're trynna sell some information, this forum might not be the right place for it.

This is a Forum where we are helping out each other with our knowledge for free, not to make a quick buck

Techsxge,
I'm not trying to sell you any information,

It was you who called me to share information in a private message, if you were as concerned about helping each other as you wrote, you wouldn't ask me for information in private,

otphas
09-10-2022, 09:01 AM
These Thread gone in wrong direction . If you want to help to the group do it , if not just dont answer , this model is normally very old and soon nobody will remember it or ask something about it . If you think you have gold in hand with your knowledge about CE pass recovery go in auction house and sell it .

lillingtonnc
09-16-2022, 03:04 AM
not sure about c7000, other kmbs you enter service mode and IMMEDIATELY press stop 0 clear. there should be menu with ce password where you can turn it OFF

Markks
09-16-2022, 03:45 AM
Hi
Can anyone help i have had a Konica Minolta Bizhub Press C7000 come in and the CE Password has been changed
iam unable to get it from the previous customer
is there a procedure to reset it ? like with the C458 etc you can get a reset code to send to Konica
Thanks for any advise

Never had to do it but maybe this would work. Before the enhanced security settings can be disabled in Security Mode, enhanced security must be disabled in administrator settings. Access administrator settings, select Security and disable before accessing Security Mode and turning it off.
Then turn machine off and hold down the utility button while turning on and follow these steps.
1. "Service Mode menu screen"
Before selecting any item in the service mode, press the hard keys in the order shown below.
Stop → 0 → C
2. "CE/Administrator Security Setting Menu screen"
The CE/Administrator security mode starts up and the CE/Administrator Security Setting becomes available.
3. "CE/Administrator Security Setting Menu screen"
Select the item to be set to display the setting screen of each item.
4. "CE/Administrator Security Setting Menu screen"
Press [Close] to return to the "Service Mode screen."

Please let us know if this works. Free or charge

tulintron
09-16-2022, 08:11 PM
I know how to do it and I do it in a minute.
When you need the service, just call me.

I charge the price of a technical visit

(PM).

Thanks.

tulintron
09-16-2022, 08:29 PM
I have the same problem , but with 1051 pro , i cant enter in service mode , CE pass is changed and all know passes not work , i think i need new Nvram . I am not sure what will happen if i disconnect the battery on NVram , maybe will kill the Nvram ?If you disconnect the battery from the NVRam, you will lose all data completely. She will not have any recorded information. ANYTHING.Counters - Zero
Serial - Zero
Adjustments - Zero
All other information - Zero
Impossible to get the printer to work like this again.
Need a tool to rewrite the data in NVRam.

By the printer itself you do this. All through her system.
She returns everything to Zero. But you can write something and get the printer to work again.

But it's not worth the work. More than a day to get back to normal

otphas
09-16-2022, 09:48 PM
You can copy info from working NV ram and paste it to other one (not working) with a tool. I will write you when i am finish with this. Of course, it has an easier way and you dont need a hardware tool, but "colleagues " here want money.

tulintron
09-16-2022, 10:08 PM
You can copy info from working NV ram and paste it to other one (not working) with a tool. I will write you when i am finish with this. Of course, it has an easier way and you dont need a hardware tool, but "colleagues " here want money.I made myself available because I know how to solve your problem. I don't think it's wrong to charge the price of a technical visit. Wrong or unfair is I throwing all my knowledge on a public forum.We helped each other. Only that. We don't make public what we know.

We saw in this post that Konica's direct technicians
Minolta don't know either and I showed you by video that with 20 seconds I would do it.

If you think the price is expensive, put your public knowledge to us. We will be most grateful.

Cloning an NVRam I don't do it because in any corner of the world, being a Konica authorized technician or not, it's a CRIME.
This is beyond my principles.

Good luck, "colleague"

lillingtonnc
09-17-2022, 02:02 AM
try this, works on most kmbs. i have been turning off 9272s like crazy. enter service mode, IMMEDIATELY press stop 0 clear, should get menu where you can turn ce authentication OFF

emujo2
09-19-2022, 01:57 PM
I made myself available because I know how to solve your problem. I don't think it's wrong to charge the price of a technical visit. Wrong or unfair is I throwing all my knowledge on a public forum.We helped each other. Only that. We don't make public what we know.

We saw in this post that Konica's direct technicians
Minolta don't know either and I showed you by video that with 20 seconds I would do it.

If you think the price is expensive, put your public knowledge to us. We will be most grateful.

Cloning an NVRam I don't do it because in any corner of the world, being a Konica authorized technician or not, it's a CRIME.
This is beyond my principles.

Good luck, "colleague"

That is because trained dealer and direct techs can call in and request a code to reset the CE password, not because "they don't know either"..I find it hard to believe that all the engineers in KM have not found your solution, and my guess is your procedure is harmful, or if it's a way to get around a customer imposed security feature that should not be disabled. E

tsbservice
09-19-2022, 02:44 PM
try this, works on most kmbs. i have been turning off 9272s like crazy. enter service mode, IMMEDIATELY press stop 0 clear, should get menu where you can turn ce authentication OFF

This is unrelated. We all know how to turn off CE password it's in manual. But to do that first of all one should know CE password. I never change default CE password although in some situations that may help prevent unauthorized access either by smarta** user or by competition.

Zoran
04-13-2023, 04:16 PM
Maybe I can help you with my modest knowledge.
The procedure is shown for the bizhub pro 951 and is the same for the c6000 c7000.
You must be a skilled technician and confident in yourself, otherwise you will burn the machine.
1. Remove the back cover of the machine.
2. remove the plate shown in the picture.
3.unload nvram
4. with the parts thus removed, enter the service mode
Hold down the bediener-zahler button and turn on the main switch
5. when you have entered the service menu, carefully return the nvram to the bearings.
6. press stop - 0 - C and turn off passford
I can send you videos of me doing it

https://youtu.be/iNVzuQpFN70

Zoran
04-15-2023, 08:01 AM
This reset method keeps all settings, serial number of the machine and dials.
Another way is to contact a Konica minolta service engineer who has access to the database.
Namely, each machine has its own security code, which is linked to the serial number of the machine, through which you can enter the service menu and turn off the password.

otphas
04-15-2023, 09:02 AM
So, as i understood you start the machine without Nvram connected while pressing utility button and later connect Nvram under power, right ? Do you think it is not too risky , is it have any trick how to plug in Nvram under power ?

Zoran
04-15-2023, 11:23 AM
That's exactly how I work.
Otherwise, our whole life is risky.
And these are just machines. A pile of iron and plastic to which we give our soul.
Otherwise, I do these things like this because I have 30 years of work experience with electronics and a bunch of certificates for photocopiers, biochemical, hematological devices...3d scanners...ortopan...........
I know how to clone nvram, change dials on ricoh .........
I even have my own version of resetter for opc, developer, toner for Minolta office machines.
More powerful and better than any version you might have seen on sale.

otphas
04-15-2023, 12:00 PM
We also using self made resetter for office machines and seems working fine too,

Zoran
04-15-2023, 02:12 PM
Complete procedure for resetting the CE password for C6000L and similar devices from the same series

https://youtu.be/SiDPIwshx_o

wjurls
03-26-2024, 03:37 PM
Complete procedure for resetting the CE password for C6000L and similar devices from the same series

https://youtu.be/SiDPIwshx_o

Do you know if this would work on a C14000?

Synthohol
03-26-2024, 03:49 PM
it confuses me why you risk electronic damage to a hundred thousand dollar machine when you can just reset the code in minutes with the help of our beloved Jotunn without the use of tools HERE (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/162571-konica-c224-e-cant-access-service-mode-24.html)

jotunn
03-26-2024, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately CE password reset procedure doesn't work for production machines.

Synthohol
03-26-2024, 08:43 PM
https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/07/29/21/90/1000_F_729219009_PVQItcPZHPcQJnSsansMaYBZwswbYpNv. jpg

wjurls
03-27-2024, 04:09 PM
it confuses me why you risk electronic damage to a hundred thousand dollar machine when you can just reset the code in minutes with the help of our beloved Jotunn without the use of tools HERE (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/162571-konica-c224-e-cant-access-service-mode-24.html)

Just spit balling if you will. Tested the method on a retired pro 1100 we have here, which is around the same vintage. Did not work. I will contact Jotunn. Thanks. Forgot about his thread.

Custom Search