PDA

View Full Version : C654e - IC-414 question

Custom Search

stekovic
06-09-2022, 09:06 PM
Hello everyone,
Before I pull the trigger and buy IC-414 for my KM C654e, is there any quality difference between printing with IC-414 and regular windows driver?
Thank you for your answer.

Synthohol
06-09-2022, 10:45 PM
color matching, pantones, macintosh computers and job control are great selling points for a fiery system.

stekovic
06-09-2022, 11:05 PM
color matching, pantones, macintosh computers and job control are great selling points for a fiery system.

I do use Fiery on other machines (Xerox/Ricoh).
I'm more interested in boosting font quality/sharpness (and be able to manage colors better) on this particular model.
Currently edges of smaller font are not smooth and I wonder if Fiery would improve that.
Would Fiery help here?
Machine is in excellent condition but print's are darker than I would like to, and fonts are little bit fuzzy.

copyman
06-09-2022, 11:16 PM
Depends on what type of prints your are going to be running? And other thing is what you are paying for it. If more then $300-400 then pass on it. I see them on ebay and have sold them for that price. Even though the IC-414 sold new for $3-4K it is now around 8 years old!

stekovic
06-09-2022, 11:31 PM
I know that this is office machine... question is would quality (fonts) improve?
They currently look fuzzy coming from internal rip/drivers.

I do have Fiery on other machines (Xerox/Ricoh).
Also, I did found one for $200 with everything so if I can improve that, I would jump on it (I'm in USA).

Thanks!

copyman
06-09-2022, 11:50 PM
I know that this is office machine... question is would quality (fonts) improve?
They currently look fuzzy coming from internal rip/drivers.

I do have Fiery on other machines (Xerox/Ricoh).
Also, I did found one for $200 with everything so if I can improve that, I would jump on it (I'm in USA).

Thanks!

I think you should correct the quality issue. That model makes very good quality prints with embedded controller. Print the internal font test pages and post a sample here. Once we see that the techs here should be able to help. You might not even need a fiery.

emujo2
06-10-2022, 06:58 PM
Fiery does not change the MFP gamut..IMHO Office Fierys are 99% useless as very few users understand what it can do, and many Fiery features seen on production equipment are not available for Office equipment..Just adds more headache to get a freaking PDF printed. E

Custom Search