PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C650i Transferring user box data

Custom Search

Kenny
06-10-2022, 09:05 AM
Hi Guys,

surely someone must of found a way to transfer user box data from one machine to another.

we have a customer who uses user boxes and printing brochures from there (must be over 200)

we are wanting to transfer the data over from a C754e to a C650i

Kenny
06-10-2022, 01:57 PM
So the only way I can see how to do this is

Allow save to external device, open up the required user box,
- select the required documents,
- select ‘other’,
- select ‘save to external memory device’

hopefully it pulls through the required paper settings, will test and update

femaster
06-10-2022, 04:15 PM
All I'm coming up with for this is that you can download the files from the user boxes onto a PC through the web interface. You'd then have to "print" each one back into user boxes on the new copier. What you are doing by saving them to the USB drive is basically the same thing I would assume. The files will most likely need to be "printed" from the USB drive back to the corresponding user boxes on the new machine.

tsbservice
06-10-2022, 06:58 PM
I don't offer any help here as we have almost zero clients using boxes but I feel Konica Minolta beeng so good in many areas sometimes fails miserably at very simple tasks. Box operator tool is terrible and not supported anymore. I'm still waiting to find useful application on KM data administrator, RMM fleet is stollen but badly from Brother, CS remote care is joke and many more.

My sincere apologies to OP, little rant over :)

copyrooks
06-11-2022, 06:21 AM
I had a similar issue. I had a customer who used Pagescope Box Operator and wanted to still use when upgraded. They went from a E series to I series. I had to transfer all files from user box. I ended up using box operator and it was a pain in the ass and took forever. What I did find out the hard way is if you don't use the updated version of box operator on the i series it will delete all files once they view them on the old version of box operator.

Custom Search