PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C364e Won"t Boot After HDD Replacement

Custom Search

OUBOU
06-11-2022, 06:28 PM
Hello
I have a konica minolta Bizhub c364e that have a problem with scaning to SMB and also non installed hdd
so i installed a new ssd on the machine then i set hdd in service mode to installed and i did format physical and i reboot then i did format logical then reboot
but after last reboot the machine won't fully turn on it just stuck on this loading screen

can someone help me with this problem thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Synthohol
06-11-2022, 07:05 PM
there is a procedure to load just the boot file on the machine via firmware, ive seen that lock up at a few pillars.
also if you replaced the ssd then hopefully you set the machine and type correctly before trying any firmware?
both those would give the symptom you are seeing.
[edit] did you replace the harddrive with an SSD disk drive or did you mean the SSD board?

OUBOU
06-11-2022, 07:11 PM
there is a procedure to load just the boot file on the machine via firmware, ive seen that lock up at a few pillars.
also if you replaced the ssd then hopefully you set the machine and type correctly before trying any firmware?
both those would give the symptom you are seeing.
[edit] did you replace the harddrive with an SSD disk drive or did you mean the SSD board?

Yes I replace the harddrive with an SSD disk drive

Synthohol
06-11-2022, 07:22 PM
why?
try again with a real HDD that the copier understands.
a 320Gb WD drive should work fine.
the copier likely cannot partition the SSD drive because it has no idea what it is!

also...
e
BOOT UP Issue
Note: Not applicable for MFPs with sliding keypads (Cxx4).
Power OFF the main switch, wait 10 Seconds and then power the MFP back ON while holding down
the op-panel’s Power Button. Wait for a “beep”, and then release the Power Button to enter [Self
Diagnostic mode]. Press the Start button when it turns blue. Look for any NG results.
When the machine is stuck at any pillar during boot-up, always remove all accessories from the main
body (DF, Finisher and any optional paper trays)
1. Understanding the “phases or timing of the boot process” can help us understand where faults may
be.
● Specific boot-up processes take place at each pillar
○ First Pillar:
 Machine starts boot cycle and verifies the firmware file.
○ Second Pillar:
 Machine memory Check (Standard onboard memory, DIMM, ASIC777,
ASIC30 EFI, ASIC777 DS board) Scanner moves and initializes, energizes
scan lights (e and 4 series)
○ Third Pillar
 Accesses SSD board
○ Fifth pillar
 Total boot process initializes

OUBOU
06-11-2022, 07:43 PM
why?
try again with a real HDD that the copier understands.
a 320Gb WD drive should work fine.
the copier likely cannot partition the SSD drive because it has no idea what it is!

also...
e
BOOT UP Issue
Note: Not applicable for MFPs with sliding keypads (Cxx4).
Power OFF the main switch, wait 10 Seconds and then power the MFP back ON while holding down
the op-panel’s Power Button. Wait for a “beep”, and then release the Power Button to enter [Self
Diagnostic mode]. Press the Start button when it turns blue. Look for any NG results.
When the machine is stuck at any pillar during boot-up, always remove all accessories from the main
body (DF, Finisher and any optional paper trays)
1. Understanding the “phases or timing of the boot process” can help us understand where faults may
be.
● Specific boot-up processes take place at each pillar
○ First Pillar:
 Machine starts boot cycle and verifies the firmware file.
○ Second Pillar:
 Machine memory Check (Standard onboard memory, DIMM, ASIC777,
ASIC30 EFI, ASIC777 DS board) Scanner moves and initializes, energizes
scan lights (e and 4 series)
○ Third Pillar
 Accesses SSD board
○ Fifth pillar
 Total boot process initializes

Ok I did Restore the original HDD to the machine and i press the cp power button when turning on the machine and i heard the beep i release the button
but nothing heppend still stuck on the same screen

blazebusiness
06-11-2022, 10:12 PM
Ok I did Restore the original HDD to the machine and i press the cp power button when turning on the machine and i heard the beep i release the button
but nothing heppend still stuck on the same screen

Uninstall the hard drive and insert the latest version firmware in the rear usb slot and try to see if installing the firmware will get you to to be able to boot the copier.

If that allows the copier to boot again:

Then, get a brand new 320GB standard laptop hard drive and install it.

Also, a long shot, I have also seen issues where a tech unplugs the 2 hdd cables from the MFP pcb and when they reconnect the cables they plug one into an incorrect nearby connector.

copyman
06-11-2022, 11:21 PM
Some good advice on the previous posts.....

See if it will boot with HDD disconnected. If it does it will throw a HDD code, you should still be able to get into service mode and UNinstall HDD. Turn machine off and connect HDD, turn machine back on go into service mode and install HDD, then format HDD.

Synthohol
06-12-2022, 01:56 AM
i think if the FW is corrupt on the machine it wont boot into diags either.
will it boot to a firmware stick?
or try holding down panel reset while turning on the main switch. will it come up to trouble reset? if so at least that part of the copiers programming works and shows a sign of life.

tsbservice
06-12-2022, 07:15 AM
Try new SSD board.

ltdiniz
06-13-2022, 12:32 AM
Olá
, eu tenho um konica minolta Bizhub c364e que tem um problema com a digitalização para SMB e também um hdd não instalado
, então instalei um novo ssd na máquina, configurei o hdd no modo de serviço para instalado e formatei físico e reiniciei, formatei o lógico e reiniciei,
mas após a última reinicialização, a máquina não liga totalmente, apenas travada nesta tela de carregamento,

alguém pode me ajudar com esse problema, obrigado e desculpe pelo meu inglês ruim.

Hello.
Run a Test software (CrystalDiskInfo) on the C364e all-in-one HD to find out if it's good or defective if it's replaced.
And you can change this SSD of your equipment and load the model firmware.
Good luck!

OUBOU
06-13-2022, 10:26 AM
Hello.
Run a Test software (CrystalDiskInfo) on the C364e all-in-one HD to find out if it's good or defective if it's replaced.
And you can change this SSD of your equipment and load the model firmware.
Good luck!
I run it on the original hdd that im using now and its good ok can you hook me up with the c364e Firmware i Cant Find it

OUBOU
06-13-2022, 10:29 AM
Uninstall the hard drive and insert the latest version firmware in the rear usb slot and try to see if installing the firmware will get you to to be able to boot the copier.

If that allows the copier to boot again:

Then, get a brand new 320GB standard laptop hard drive and install it.

Also, a long shot, I have also seen issues where a tech unplugs the 2 hdd cables from the MFP pcb and when they reconnect the cables they plug one into an incorrect nearby connector.

ok can you hook me up with the c364e Firmware i Cant Find it

OUBOU
06-13-2022, 10:33 AM
Some good advice on the previous posts.....

See if it will boot with HDD disconnected. If it does it will throw a HDD code, you should still be able to get into service mode and UNinstall HDD. Turn machine off and connect HDD, turn machine back on go into service mode and install HDD, then format HDD.
no it does not boot with hdd disconnected :(

copyman
06-13-2022, 01:13 PM
ok can you hook me up with the c364e Firmware i Cant Find it

There are 2 ways to get firmware here, make a small donation to the website or a member here sells the firmware for around $10. Perhaps he will post his website to buy it. Either way being a contributor to this website will get you great advice like you have already received and support with firmware, manuals, etc.

FYI most members / technicians on this forum have vast knowledge of copiers, etc. Small price to pay for such information !!!

Custom Search