PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub 558 & FS536

Custom Search

rhanumaiah
06-15-2022, 03:25 PM
Would really appreciate any feedback as to how to troubleshoot. I do not have a great deal of experience with printers. I have an issue with a Bizhuib 558 & a FS536 that just occurred yesterday. I went to print and it jammed under the (main Tray). if I lift up the tray it does not jam. What I noticed is there is a set of rollers that do not appear to move. They appear to move the paper to the FS536. The FS536 does not appear to initialize when the unit power up. I think it did this before. I checked to two connections on the back of the printer where the fS536 connects to the printer. I even removed the FS536 and removed and re-connected the connections (3). I ran the self diagnostics for the printer. A sequence of power on and the start button. The self test shows no errors what so ever. The webpage shows the bypass tray open, though its not , no FS536.

Thank You,

blackcat4866
06-15-2022, 03:35 PM
What jam codes are you getting? I'm going to guess J72-16?

When the bridge is unresponsive like that it's usually caused by somebody unplugging, then plugging in the finisher while it's live. It may be the finisher board that's toasted, or maybe the bridge unit PWB. Cost-wise the bridge unit PWB is cheaper ... and I'd give you 50/50 odds that you choose correctly the first time. =^..^=

rhanumaiah
06-15-2022, 05:14 PM
Thank you! The printer was off, it hasn't been used in months. It could have just been a failure when I powered it up. Being new to this, So I see that its jamming@ the Relay Unit (RU513). I found the finisher board, I see some test points for voltage. I'll try that . I have yet to find where the I'm finding it difficult finding a service manual. I dissembled the back of the unit, and see where things plug into (Scanner / Finisher). I'll search around to see if I can find out where the other board it. I greatly appreciate the help!

blackcat4866
06-15-2022, 10:35 PM
The bridge is the unit inserted on top of the engine to transport the paper to the finisher.

tmmdmmm
06-16-2022, 01:29 AM
Thank you! The printer was off, it hasn't been used in months. It could have just been a failure when I powered it up. Being new to this, So I see that its jamming@ the Relay Unit (RU513). I found the finisher board, I see some test points for voltage. I'll try that . I have yet to find where the I'm finding it difficult finding a service manual. I dissembled the back of the unit, and see where things plug into (Scanner / Finisher). I'll search around to see if I can find out where the other board it. I greatly appreciate the help!

You can do component test mode in Service Mode, should be Finisher > Adjustment > Component Test. Look for the ones that talk about passage motors or transport motors and try them out. Keep in mind not every one will do something, I believe they list all the options for a fully kitted out finisher regardless of how little of those options you have.

Biggest issue I've seen is the connection between the bridge/relay unit and finisher is half plugged in by installers. Plugged in just enough for the sensor to work, but the motors will either not rotate or they'll rotate the opposite way (Don't ask me how they rotate backwards, its the type of call I fix and walk out of immediately) But it sounds like its making it to the finisher entrance?

Overall jam codes would be great, if they're enabled it'll be a J72-XX on the bottom right of the screen when it jams, or you can find them in Service Mode > Counter > Jam history if they're not enabled.

Another quick thing to test, open the front door to the machine and look at the image it shows you. Do you see the entire machine with the finisher or just the machine? If its just the machine, the FS control board is dead. Easy replacement.

I believe someone here would be willing to give you the service manual if you contribute to the forum, but I can't confirm if that was for something else.

rhanumaiah
06-16-2022, 02:58 AM
I think its the finisher board. I pulled the cover and tested for the voltages at the test points. I have 24Volts, and 5 Volts, but the 3 volt test point only at 1.0 volt. it cloud be the regulator or the capacitor. I ordered the 100 MF capacitor. It looked like it has leaked electrolyte. I also found a finisher board. I'll try the board level repair. Thanks for all your help. Now if I just had a service manual.

Custom Search