View Full Version : C360i - ID and Print as wrong user

Custom Search

rrrohan
06-16-2022, 09:37 AM
Have a weird issue with a C360i

Its got Device ID and Print enabled

about 40 users

the first user i registered lets call Johan

im having a problem where multiple users print jobs get to copier incorrectly tagged as coming from Johan so when they go to release it fails.

If they go into print preferences and check username its defintley not Johan its thier own username.

Once they go check (and not change anything) then print again it correctly stores it in that users ID/Print box

Its like the copier is just allocating it to the first registered user by mistake.

Any ideas?

mojorolla
06-16-2022, 02:58 PM
Does your machines firmware level match your print drivers? The i Series machine have multiple issues when "the latest and greatest" firmware / drivers are not installed. You can check version levels in the release notes of drivers or firmware.

:)

emujo2
06-16-2022, 07:02 PM
Is the driver on a server and shared? If so you may have set a preference that is being pushed to the users by default. Also, take a moment and explain everything you setup to get ID and Print to work..Trying to check if you left out a step. E

rrrohan
06-17-2022, 01:47 AM
Is the driver on a server and shared? If so you may have set a preference that is being pushed to the users by default. Also, take a moment and explain everything you setup to get ID and Print to work..Trying to check if you left out a step. E

good point. it is shared from server i will call and ask if that field is blank on server.

would be strange if it had Johan's name there as he has nothing to do with the IT department.

Does your machines firmware level match your print drivers?

its on G00-M2 v2.2
running universal driver since that was more current than the specific model driver released last year but im thinking maybe i should stick with the model specific driver

Custom Search