PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c3850 ( using a yellow image unit to replace a black one )

Custom Search

adecanmin
06-17-2022, 07:56 PM
Good day.
I've never done it. The black image units have doubled in price if you can find one. I have a yellow unit. I wondering if it does fit, would it calibrate? I know I would have to do sky shots for get the yellow toner out if it doesn't give a c2557 code beforehand.

allan
06-17-2022, 08:22 PM
Yes you need to modify to fit by using the plastic rails from the existing unit. Then run out all the yellow toner by making full tone prints. The machine can only run one halftone at a time so rater print full black pages. Converted from black to color but no reason this will not work in revers. If it gives P-codes at first ignore that until the its good and black but should not give any errors.

adecanmin
06-17-2022, 08:30 PM
Ok. Thanks as always

copyman
06-17-2022, 08:39 PM
Not sure if it will work for image units but would be good to know. I've only converted black dev units to colors with bigger models never image units. Don't these have chips? If you have message to replace black IU how will it reset with color chip?

Please report back after experiment?

adecanmin
06-17-2022, 08:48 PM
The replace image unit message is turned off. I don't have a need to experiment as of yet. When I try it I'll let you know.

copyman
06-17-2022, 10:50 PM
The replace image unit message is turned off. I don't have a need to experiment as of yet. When I try it I'll let you know.

Didn't think you could turn off the messages with the smaller models, just extend the IU's life. Let us know how you make out.

Custom Search