PDA

View Full Version : Grayed Administrator Email on C451

Custom Search

DallasTech
01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Anyone ever seen this field disabled? I've tried from pagescope light and the copier's control panel. I've found the field 3 different places and all of them are grayed out or disabled from editing.

I owe someone a beer if they can help me.

buster68
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Enter the Administrator E-mail Address using the below procedure:
1. From PageScope Web Connection, enter the Administrator mode.
2. Select Maintenance.
3. Select Machine Setting.
4. Enter the Admin E-mail Address.

DallasTech
01-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Enter the Administrator E-mail Address using the below procedure:
1. From PageScope Web Connection, enter the Administrator mode.
2. Select Maintenance.
3. Select Machine Setting.
4. Enter the Admin E-mail Address.

thanks for the reply. I should of mentioned that in my original post that was how I tried to change it. I also tried to go under the email settings in PageScope, it was not editable there. Then I went to the copier control panel. logged in under admin, went to admin setttings, and input machine address. It is grayed out there, too. Is this some kind of security feature or maybe a glitch?

Setright
01-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Is Email enabled?

Also, via Pagescope, the Admin Email address editable field was moved from the Network tab to the System (Blue) tab. You can only view it in the Network.

DallasTech
01-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I checked under the network settings and it was just text, no grayed box around it. I went to the System tab as well and it was grayed out, I could change the administrator name, but the other was grayed out. I wish I had taken a screenshot. The email is enabled for sending through SMTP.

Sean486
01-16-2009, 02:07 AM
I wonder if the right controller type is selected in tech rep mode. I believe it should be 0 with the Emperon.

liquidtech
01-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Do you have User Authentication enabled on this machine?

Setright
01-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Or a FingerVein scanning device conntected? Simply hooking that up will increase the security level.

(If I win the beer, who pays the transport costs?)

DallasTech
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
The Controller was set right, No enhanced security or special connectors, and no user Authentication. I double checked everything ya'll suggested and nothing would work. So I cleared all the data from the service mode and started over. That seemed to do the trick. I do appreciate the input, thanks.

Setright
01-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Glad you worked it out :D

Of course, I am bitterly disappointed that I won't be able come to Dallas and claim that beer ;)

huulio
08-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Well it took three years to solve this one. I ran in to this exact same problem a while ago. tried just about everything and finally took a look in the "security -> SSL / TSL setting" and found that the previous user had installed a certificate. Uninstalled that and, bang! problem solved :)

ps. it only took me 337 days to post my first post!

Custom Search