PDA

View Full Version : Konica auto print of incoming pop email attachements

Custom Search

BHM
06-24-2022, 10:14 PM
Have an out of town customer recent get five new machines with the LK-110 i-option. They have a fax software that receives faxes and they want them to be printed out on the five machines. The software sends an email to one of five addresses depending on what "line" the faxes come in on.

The machines are not printing out automatically. The test machine is a C659. Emails are received but the jobs go into a hold queue. On the screen, there is a E-Mail RX button that is right above the address book button on the screen. Customer has to select that button to release the jobs.

[E-mail RX Print] is on.

[E-mail RX Permission]

Select [ON] to restrict E-mail addresses that are available for the E-mail RX Print function.
If you select [ON], in [Permit Address 1] to [Permit Address 10], enter the E-mail addresses for which you want to permit the E-mail RX Print function, or enter the E-mail domain.

I am thinking it may be the bolded part above. Looking for some input before driving over an hour away with no other options/things to try. Am I missing a step to get these to auto print?

pajeroid
07-01-2022, 12:52 PM
So, AFAIK the Email RX button forces the machine to check the mailbox which you have setup in the Email RX settings immediately. The machine will automatically poll the email server every 15 minutes by default and automatically print any attachments. If you press the Email RX button you mention, you are basically doing a send/receive and thus it will fetch any fax emails straight away.

BHM
07-01-2022, 01:13 PM
So, AFAIK the Email RX button forces the machine to check the mailbox which you have setup in the Email RX settings immediately. The machine will automatically poll the email server every 15 minutes by default and automatically print any attachments. If you press the Email RX button you mention, you are basically doing a send/receive and thus it will fetch any fax emails straight away.

Yep, you nailed it. We accidently figured it out a few days ago. We did not realize the default auto poll was 15 minutes. We would send a test email, wait a few minutes and then assume it would not print and then press the email rx button.

It guy had sent a couple of test emails and then got stuck on a call and came back after lunch and saw they had printed out.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. Also reminded me to update the post.

BHM
07-13-2022, 11:26 PM
New update. We were able to confirm it will print out the POP emails except for the ones it needs to print out.

They use a program called NovaLink to receive faxes and then forward them to an email as a pdf attachment. Emails show up in the email queue but copier never sees it or prints it. If we take that same email and forward it back to the same address, it works fine. It we send any other email with a pdf, it prints it fine.

We cant figure out what is unique about the incoming fax email from NovaLink.

Synthohol
07-24-2022, 04:24 PM
just came across this, hope it helps!

Question
How to automatically print the body of an eMail?
Answer
iOption eMail RX Print is required. This enables the machine to print attachments in eMail.
However, there is a DipSW which when enable will print the main body of the eMail as well.
1. Set up EMail RX (POP) via User's Guide on the machine to receive the email
2. Install the eMail RX Print iOption
3. Set DipSw 152 bit 0 to a 1 to allow the main body of the eMail to print

allan
07-24-2022, 04:38 PM
Could the difference be in the header information?

blackcat4866
07-24-2022, 05:33 PM
I've only come across this auto-print of email attachments functionality one or two times over the years, and it's lead to some very interesting results. Part of that had to do with the choice of printing device.

The MFP that it was printing to had only one tray = one paper size available 250 sheets. Since some of these attachments came from out of the country, the A4 documents would not print until I enabled Auto A4. The A3/B5/legal/ledger documents all piled up in the queue without paper to print on. This machine could not skip ahead in the queue, so the machine stopped printing the moment one of these other sizes arrived.

Then I thought: Fit Image! Yes you can get your image to fit onto letter paper ... but can you read it? Often no. At least it wasn't clogging up the queue anymore.

Then they started to get larger PDF documents, like manuals 300 to 500 pages. No they don't need to be printed, but since it was automated, it just printed anyway, sucking up two trays of paper for no good reason.

In the end, my customer elected to disable the auto-print function. For an enduser that can think for themselves, it's a lot better to CHOOSE what you print and how it prints. =^..^=

Custom Search