PDA

View Full Version : Faxunits FK-511 same FK-512?

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-26-2022, 05:36 PM
Are the fax units FK-511 for the BH-C-284e series technically identical with the FK-512 for the BH-C-3110 series?
Physically, they look the same, can they be swapped?

Hans

allan
06-26-2022, 05:44 PM
Hi Hans the FK-511 comes in a metal enclosure did you open that to compare it to the FK-512?
Sorry poorly stated. Of course you know its enclosed.

Did you remove a FK-511 from its enclosure?

Hansoon
06-27-2022, 02:52 PM
Thanks for giving me a hint in the right direction, Allan.

Parts are in nice boxes in our storage. Obviously there has been put the wrong labels on it from our guys. After physically inspecting, it turned out that the FK-512 is totally different from the FK-511.

Since Allan made me curious, I opened the metal shield box, and it turned out that inside is the same board as the fax board for the ancient BH-283/363/423 series. The good old board with #A22MH01. They just put a nice shiny enclosure around it so the newer e-machines would not feel ashamed with this old stuff on their back....... :cool:

Hans

tsbservice
06-27-2022, 09:29 PM
Thanks for giving me a hint in the right direction, Allan.

Parts are in nice boxes in our storage. Obviously there has been put the wrong labels on it from our guys. After physically inspecting, it turned out that the FK-512 is totally different from the FK-511.

Since Allan made me curious, I opened the metal shield box, and it turned out that inside is the same board as the fax board for the ancient BH-283/363/423 series. The good old board with #A22MH01. They just put a nice shiny enclosure around it so the newer e-machines would not feel ashamed with this old stuff on their back....... :cool:

Hans

Oh that's brilliant, one good tech pushed another one to the right finding to service everyone else.
Awesome!

Custom Search