PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250i drums

Custom Search

tsbservice
06-27-2022, 02:52 PM
Anyone having success cleaning DR-316/K PCRs. Recently had one C250i with few thin lines on prints in paper feeding direction and traced the lines to PCR.
I highly doubt that drum dissasembly and cleaning will work but who knows better than experienced.

allan
06-27-2022, 03:41 PM
I have tried with mixed results. The old Panasonic Workio and even older RICOH machines had a tough roller and could be scrubbed with a cloth and running water. So I tried that with the KM roller and some of the coating came off. Got it right went I soaked it in water till the paper dust on it softened and lightly cleared it of with a cloth. Then the first time i did not wait for it to dry properly and it produced a background.
Second attempt worked. But who has the time for that?

PCR it same as charge roller right?

RICOH manual stated to clean with soft cloth and saliva!

tsbservice
06-27-2022, 04:12 PM
Yes allan PCRs are charging rollers. They are hard one type not soft type like in Brother machines which I have no problems to clean with water/soft soap and reuse them hundred times. I don't want to take path of rebuilding drum unit with aftermarket parts like drum, cleaning blade, PCR, PCR cleaning helical roller etc.
Just want to know if I can save them somehow because drum itself isn't looking damaged.
The lines on print are very thin but are visible on PCR and seems to me cannot be cleared.

allan
06-27-2022, 05:17 PM
Yes allan PCRs are charging rollers. They are hard one type not soft type like in Brother machines which I have no problems to clean with water/soft soap and reuse them hundred times. I don't want to take path of rebuilding drum unit with aftermarket parts like drum, cleaning blade, PCR, PCR cleaning helical roller etc.
Just want to know if I can save them somehow because drum itself isn't looking damaged.
The lines on print are very thin but are visible on PCR and seems to me cannot be cleared.

Ok. Its not the worst to remove it. Give it a try.

copyman
06-27-2022, 06:12 PM
I haven't had much sucess cleaning the PCR's once they have lines scored into roller. If just dirty I use Nu-Finish car polish (orange btl, auto parts stores, walmart, etc). Let dry and buff with soft cloth. Been using it on PCR's for many years.

I rebuild the "8" series drum units with new blade, PCR & drum. They work as good or better than OEM. Not sure if the "i" series drum units use same PCR but they are only $10.

Custom Search