PDA

View Full Version : Konica c364 fax Will receive but not send

Custom Search

DOE
06-28-2022, 03:28 PM
Have a Konica C364 that will receive faxes but will not send them. I can hear it dial the other fax and ring butwhen it picks up nothing happens and it goes back to the regular screen without scanning my pages. I get no error code or confirmation page. It receives just fine. Any ideas

copyman
06-28-2022, 04:59 PM
make sure the marketing area for machine & fax in service mode are set to correct country you are in.

emujo2
06-28-2022, 07:34 PM
Off hook mode requires that you press the start button to begin the fax process. I have had a few users that forgot about this. Why would you use off hook? Too many busy signals??E

minoltaed
06-28-2022, 09:02 PM
Have a Konica C364 that will receive faxes but will not send them. I can hear it dial the other fax and ring but when it picks up nothing happens and it goes back to the regular screen without scanning my pages. I get no error code or confirmation page. It receives just fine. Any ideas
Turn off dial tone detection in the service mode and see if that helps.

femaster
06-29-2022, 12:46 AM
Turn off dial tone detection in the service mode and see if that helps.

Probably won't considering he said he can hear it dial out and then ring and answer on the other end. Even if dial tone detect is turned on, it must be hearing the dial tine as it is dialing fine.

rrrohan
06-29-2022, 07:06 AM
is it a true analogue line or VOIP

can you hear the usual squaking of the modems?

Todd Glenn
07-01-2022, 02:47 PM
The I series service manuals have very detailed FAX error section, if you can get a failure code, ie t2,t13. Go to the troubleshooting section, scroll down to fax .

emujo2
07-01-2022, 03:57 PM
Doesn't help with this, but wanted to share..Very loud, very demanding health care company, "our faxes are life saving, we must get every one" blah blah blah..Called my tech out over not being able to receive faxes. Screamed the MFP was a POS..tech was trying to narrow down the issue..Do you use VOIP or a DAC line? No we swear this is a analog line and we just had the telephony company out to check it..nothing is wrong on our end..Tech asks me if I will send a fax..Sure enough fax sensd just fine, but nothing received at device nor any error or completion in log..I ask tech to pull fax line and I send another fax..Again this goes through..Tech asks customer how is it faxes can be sent to a unplugged fax machine??? Hands the unplugged cable to customer, dials fax line with his phone on speaker..The cusotmer can hear the fax handshake with fax line in his hand..Priceless...I just don't understand how a company will rely on such antiquated tech if is so "business critical"..They have one fax line, it's always sending faxes, page after page, yet they expect this single line, to handle incoming faxes as well..Yet the very thought of shellling out $2K for a faxing solution is out of the question..I guess it's easier to beat up the techs and yell at the sales rep so they also yell at the techs about not being able to solve the issue..E

copyman
07-01-2022, 08:25 PM
Doesn't help with this, but wanted to share..Very loud, very demanding health care company, "our faxes are life saving, we must get every one" blah blah blah..Called my tech out over not being able to receive faxes. Screamed the MFP was a POS..tech was trying to narrow down the issue..Do you use VOIP or a DAC line? No we swear this is a analog line and we just had the telephony company out to check it..nothing is wrong on our end..Tech asks me if I will send a fax..Sure enough fax sensd just fine, but nothing received at device nor any error or completion in log..I ask tech to pull fax line and I send another fax..Again this goes through..Tech asks customer how is it faxes can be sent to a unplugged fax machine??? Hands the unplugged cable to customer, dials fax line with his phone on speaker..The cusotmer can hear the fax handshake with fax line in his hand..Priceless...I just don't understand how a company will rely on such antiquated tech if is so "business critical"..They have one fax line, it's always sending faxes, page after page, yet they expect this single line, to handle incoming faxes as well..Yet the very thought of shellling out $2K for a faxing solution is out of the question..I guess it's easier to beat up the techs and yell at the sales rep so they also yell at the techs about not being able to solve the issue..E

I've had this exact scenario and fix was simple, installed a 2nd fax option in copier, one for sending and one for receiving. Cost was less than $400 for both fax kit and labor to install. They kept the dedicated fax line for receiving and used one of the several reg phone lines to send.

DOE
07-12-2022, 04:33 PM
When I put my phone number in and hit the start button it comes up and says scanning originals but it never does. I go to direct input put in the phone number and hit the start button it says scanning originals but it says number of originals 0. What would keep it from scanning my originals. It is set to United States

kingarthur
07-12-2022, 04:42 PM
When I put my phone number in and hit the start button it comes up and says scanning originals but it never does. I go to direct input put in the phone number and hit the start button it says scanning originals but it says number of originals 0. What would keep it from scanning my originals thank you

does it scan it, and then says there are no originals. is the page you are scanning blank - do you have "Remove blank pages" turned on

copyman
07-12-2022, 05:25 PM
When I put my phone number in and hit the start button it comes up and says scanning originals but it never does. I go to direct input put in the phone number and hit the start button it says scanning originals but it says number of originals 0. What would keep it from scanning my originals thank you

You haven't answered any of the specific questions that the techs here have posted. The most important is if the marketing area is set to correct country?

If not mistaken it's suppose to scan all the originals right when you hit start. Then if the pages don't TX to receiving fax you get error report. Also you should at least be able to "on hook" dial a fax # and hear the fax tones when it connects, if working correctly.

DOE
07-12-2022, 07:10 PM
is it a true analogue line or VOIP

can you hear the usual squaking of the modems?
Yes I can hear that. It says scanning pages but it doesn’t scan my documents. I could then here the other fax answer and do it squealing and then it just goes back to the normal fax screen, no error code no confirmation but It never scans my originals

DOE
07-12-2022, 07:13 PM
does it scan it, and then says there are no originals. is the page you are scanning blank - do you have "Remove blank pages" turned on
It says it’s scanning pages but it doesn’t they just sit there on top doc feeder it says number of original scan zero it dials number and I can hear it squealing on the other end and then he goes back to regular fax screen no error code no confirmation page. But it never does scan my originals

DOE
07-12-2022, 07:16 PM
make sure the marketing area for machine & fax in service mode are set to correct country you are in.
It is set to us. Thanks for your reply

DOE
07-12-2022, 07:18 PM
Off hook mode requires that you press the start button to begin the fax process. I have had a few users that forgot about this. Why would you use off hook? Too many busy signals??E
I just wanted to make sure I had dial tone and that it was connecting to other fax

DOE
07-12-2022, 07:24 PM
It says scanning pages but it doesn’t scan my pages. It will say 0 pages scanned

DOE
07-12-2022, 07:28 PM
You haven't answered any of the specific questions that the techs here have posted. The most important is if the marketing area is set to correct country?

If not mistaken it's suppose to scan all the originals right when you hit start. Then if the pages don't TX to receiving fax you get error report. Also you should at least be able to "on hook" dial a fax # and hear the fax tones when it connects, if working correctly.
I hit start and it says scanning originals but they just sit in doc feeder and don’t scan. It will then say 0 originals scanned. I can hear it call other fax and it answered and then my screen goes back to regular fax screen. No error codes

copyman
07-12-2022, 08:25 PM
See the attached PDF for recommended fax settings. Hope this helps....

strider5555
07-12-2022, 08:51 PM
Can you scan off the glass instead of the ADF? Have you initialized the fax unit? Service mode> Fax>Initialize>select all and Yes. Do you have another Fax board you could try? It may sound silly as well, but make sure the phone cable is plugged into the LINE port and not TEL. Myself, I would try a known working fax board, and if the same issue occurs, then I would start thinking MFPB. Possibly a Clear All Data.

femaster
07-13-2022, 12:25 AM
Since I don't believe this has been asked yet, can you make a COPY using the ADF, and will is scan the pages in COPY mode. If that works, will it scan through the ADF when you do a SCAN (to email, SMB, etc.)?? Just looking to see if the ADF scan issue is isolated to just faxing or not.

Gift
07-13-2022, 11:02 AM
Testing an outgoing fax from glas plate is a good start. If the DF works in other situations you might consider to initialize the fax option. If that won't help you can unset it and initialize the entire MFP (do a USB backup first). As for the next visit, having another FK511 for testing might make sense, too.

DOE
07-18-2022, 09:23 PM
See the attached PDF for recommended fax settings. Hope this helps....

Thank you, I made sure the copier was set to all these settings and still have the same issue it seems to scan to email and all that it's just when I fax it's not scanning

DOE
07-18-2022, 09:29 PM
Can you scan off the glass instead of the ADF? Have you initialized the fax unit? Service mode> Fax>Initialize>select all and Yes. Do you have another Fax board you could try? It may sound silly as well, but make sure the phone cable is plugged into the LINE port and not TEL. Myself, I would try a known working fax board, and if the same issue occurs, then I would start thinking MFPB. Possibly a Clear All Data.
Thanks for reply. It is plugged in the line, tried one off the glass once again says scanning originals but I can tell the scanner does not move. I initialized it and I think I did a clear all data. I don't have another fax at the moment to try but that's probably next. Thanks

DOE
07-18-2022, 09:35 PM
Since I don't believe this has been asked yet, can you make a COPY using the ADF, and will is scan the pages in COPY mode. If that works, will it scan through the ADF when you do a SCAN (to email, SMB, etc.)?? Just looking to see if the ADF scan issue is isolated to just faxing or not.

It will copy and scan but will not scan the originals when I fax. Seams to just be a fax issue. Going to get another fax to swap out with it. When they try to print a lot of times it comes up and says memory full,that wouldn't prevent it from scanning the fax would it.

copyman
07-18-2022, 10:52 PM
It will copy and scan but will not scan the originals when I fax. Seams to just be a fax issue. Going to get another fax to swap out with it. When they try to print a lot of times it comes up and says memory full,that wouldn't prevent it from scanning the fax would it.

It's starting to sound more and more like a bad fax board. Can't see how the memory could be full when I think the HDD holds the scans until fax TX is completed....

I know this is stupid and someone may have already posted but are you sure the fax USB is plugged into "Fax 1" ?

Synthohol
07-18-2022, 11:55 PM
as dumb as this sounds, have you verified the HDD is on and has a decent vacant area?

femaster
07-19-2022, 12:57 AM

It almost sounds like you might have a RAM or HDD issue. Unless they are printing multiple-hundred page documents, you should never see a message about the memory being full for a print job. My memory is getting foggy on this thread and I'm too lazy at this time of day to sift through the back messages. Have you run the full diagnostics on this machine by holding down the power button while flipping on the main power switch? I'm curious if everything comes back OK.

DOE
07-26-2022, 04:23 PM
It's starting to sound more and more like a bad fax board. Can't see how the memory could be full when I think the HDD holds the scans until fax TX is completed....

I know this is stupid and someone may have already posted but are you sure the fax USB is plugged into "Fax 1" ?
Thanks for your response. Yes it is plugged into the line and I tried another fax still with no success

DOE
07-26-2022, 04:47 PM
Update. I tried another fax and still the same problem no scanning of originals. All settings are correct and it set to U.S. The copier will occasionally say memory is full. I had to uninstall the HDD because it was causing a internal error and the customer did not want to replace it but I don’t think that would have anything to do with the scanning of originals for faxing Especially when was just trying to send one original.

strider5555
07-26-2022, 05:28 PM
Update. I tried another fax and still the same problem no scanning of originals. All settings are correct and it set to U.S. The copier will occasionally say memory is full. I had to uninstall the HDD because it was causing a internal error and the customer did not want to replace it but I don’t think that would have anything to do with the scanning of originals for faxing Especially when was just trying to send one original.

For the fax option to function the HDD must be enabled. The HDD is the work and storage memory for the fax option. You need to replace, enable and format the HDD and then the fax should work properly.

tsbservice
07-26-2022, 06:29 PM
For the fax option to function the HDD must be enabled. The HDD is the work and storage memory for the fax option. You need to replace, enable and format the HDD and then the fax should work properly.

Ouch, I missed that part from author's description. Makes perfect sense.

emujo2
07-26-2022, 07:27 PM
I unset my C364 HDD..the fax works just the same.. it can send and receive.

strider5555
07-26-2022, 08:05 PM
Hmm, strange. I have had machines not able to fax until the hdd was set. That would be my next step to try, and after that, I would try a Clear all data, and if still not working, then I would probably look at replacement of the MFPB.

techsxge
07-27-2022, 11:05 PM
If the HDD is needed depends on the SSD Firmware.

adfgdf
07-28-2022, 02:25 PM
Have you installed the latest Firmware?

Also, how are you trying to send the Fax?
There are 2 ways, the first is that you insert the number and than hit Start to send it so it scans the documents and than tries 3 times to send them, while the other is while On Hook you can do and hear the dialing and the handshake etc.

Also, enable the report if transmission fails and check what is the problem reported.

You can also check the log of sent/failed faxes, print it!

emujo2
07-28-2022, 04:55 PM
I had a thought that might help you troubleshoot this..

Install the fax driver on a PC and try to send..You are now bypassing the entire scanning section..If it works the issue is in the scanner, it not, then the fax may be the culprit. I would also go into SM and run a memory check. I have seen RAM go bad and it's not until the bad section is accessed that anything stops. E

mascan42
07-29-2022, 12:42 PM
Just to clarify, when you sent off-hook, what exactly did you hear? Did you get the modem sound from the other machine?

Have you connected a handset to this line and tried calling a regular phone number?

Gift
07-29-2022, 01:24 PM
I think I had a case when the button disappeared only when the line chord was plugged in. Try and leave it unplugged and restart the machine. If it suddenly looks OK you might fiddle around with the RJ11 cable - disconnect all outer wires beside the two in the middle - helped me several times, especially with ricoh MFPs.

strider5555
07-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Lets start with some basics. What is the firmware level? Is it base firmware or version up firmware? Latest version up firmware I see is GR6-M0. Start with that. Then, possibly try formatting the ssd. Backup your network settings and address book first. Its not quite a clear all data, or even using the reset tool (last resort). Perhaps there is also a security setting that has changed, preventing sending faxes, although that seems unlikely. I like the suggestion of trying the PC fax driver to see if it sends. You could try doing the fax file format in service mode as well, its quick and does not require a reboot, and does not delete settings.

Good Luck

DOE
08-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Replaced the hard drive and fax now scans originals and works fine. Thanks to Everyone who replied

DOE
08-08-2022, 04:59 PM
I had a thought that might help you troubleshoot this..

Install the fax driver on a PC and try to send..You are now bypassing the entire scanning section..If it works the issue is in the scanner, it not, then the fax may be the culprit. I would also go into SM and run a memory check. I have seen RAM go bad and it's not until the bad section is accessed that anything stops. E
Replace the hard drive and now it works fine. Scans originals in for the fax

Custom Search