PDA

View Full Version : C458 ghosting/shadowing

Custom Search

barber782
06-29-2022, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Had a strange one today where a C458 is leaving a repeat or shadow of the image/text a few inches down the page.
Swapped the colour drums round and replaced the black drum with no different. Changed the colour of the back ground to cmyk to see if it did this on all colours and still did.
It almost looks like it's not discharging the drum. The gap between the text and shadow is about the same as the drums circumstance.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

techsxge
06-29-2022, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Had a strange one today where a C458 is leaving a repeat or shadow of the image/text a few inches down the page.
Swapped the colour drums round and replaced the black drum with no different. Changed the colour of the back ground to cmyk to see if it did this on all colours and still did.
It almost looks like it's not discharging the drum. The gap between the text and shadow is about the same as the drums circumstance.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Have you checked the transer unit and fusing unit for the image?
A photo would be nice

tsbservice
06-29-2022, 03:08 PM
Cheat the door/WTB and see if discharge LEDs are working. If they fail you also may lose developer so check halftone patterns in service mode.

copyman
06-29-2022, 05:55 PM
Aftermarket toner?

B0265
06-30-2022, 08:36 AM
I just found this old post, try adjusting the primary transfer voltage :
KM C258 offsetting issue - Page 2 (copytechnet.com) (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/132619-km-c258-offsetting-issue-2.html?highlight=ghosting)

aberock
07-01-2022, 04:55 PM
Not original toner cause the issue.

Custom Search