PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous MFB board 454e can swap to C454e ?

Custom Search

ck1
07-04-2022, 10:31 AM
MFB board 454e can swap to C454e ?

allan
07-04-2022, 11:32 AM
Why? With lots of work I am sure you could but why?? All the hardware is there and there is going to be a lot of unused color components. Going to probably have to remake connectors and make sure toner feed and hopper motor rotation is in the correct direction.

The CMYK HV and the Laser will need to be changed I think. There is a chance the HV can stay I have looked at it before. B/W design is straight from the color so it would be interesting to know.

Know what go for it let us know. Doubt you can fry anything.

But why? There are SW to switch it to mono.

Gift
07-04-2022, 11:58 AM
I think he just need a board for the C series and asks if he can use the non-C as parts donator.
Parts numbers do not match.

ck1
07-04-2022, 11:59 AM
Why? With lots of work I am sure you could but why?? All the hardware is there and there is going to be a lot of unused color components. Going to probably have to remake connectors and make sure toner feed and hopper motor rotation is in the correct direction.

The CMYK HV and the Laser will need to be changed I think. There is a chance the HV can stay I have looked at it before. B/W design is straight from the color so it would be interesting to know.

Know what go for it let us know. Doubt you can fry anything.

But why? There are SW to switch it to mono.
i have one c454e dead unable to on ( MFB Board ISSUE ) . i have one unit 454e need try to convert to C454e

Gift
07-04-2022, 01:23 PM
i have one c454e dead unable to on ( MFB Board ISSUE ) . i have one unit 454e need try to convert to C454e

Well you can try and compare both boards visually - they might be the same hardware-wise but probably loaded with different firmware. Not shure if you can use the reset tool to change the machine type.

Synthohol
07-05-2022, 04:05 AM
color board has ribbon cables, mono does not.
id be surprised if it even boots.

femaster
07-05-2022, 02:45 PM
The boards between Color and B&W are significantly different, and would never interchange.

If you have another color e-model, you could pull the main board from that. The C224e, C284e, C364e, C454e, and C554e all use the same main board. Before booting for the first time, you would need to boot to a USB stick with firmware on it to set the machine type to whichever model you are installing it in, if it was different from the donor machine. Then before leaving the firmware screen, update the firmware so that it matches the machine it is now in. There will be other steps involved once that is done and you reboot, but those are the first basic steps to reusing a board from another machine.

blazebusiness
07-07-2022, 11:15 PM
The boards between Color and B&W are significantly different, and would never interchange.

That's the totally correct advice from femaster. They are different. Don't even waste your valuable time swapping the mfp board from a mono to a color machine. Find a 4e series color donor machine instead.

copyman
07-07-2022, 11:39 PM
Or get board repaired for around $300 from Hytec Dealer services in FL.

Custom Search