PDA

View Full Version : both MFP and Control Board dead

Custom Search

rrrohan
07-05-2022, 03:55 AM
Had a surge wipe out a copier C554e

Replaced the MFP and after 2 reboots pressed recover data but it sits here for about 15 mins. (did firmware and set machine type as manual says and that worked fine)

If 2 boards go at the same time and I can not recover data what are my options.

Manual says replacing both of these at same time is not a option but as far as I can tell it means dont replace 2 new boards.

Im guessing if the SSD remembers meter reading of say 200k and the control board i install remembers a count of 500k it will inherit the higher meter reading? or will it just not work

Synthohol
07-05-2022, 04:04 AM
sent you a PM. hope it helps.

rrrohan
07-05-2022, 08:25 AM
omg i just noticed what i did wrong. i set it to machine 1 not 3.

its a e series.

wonder if i just change that it will be fixed. ill try tomorrow

femaster
07-05-2022, 03:12 PM
omg i just noticed what i did wrong. i set it to machine 1 not 3.

its a e series.

wonder if i just change that it will be fixed. ill try tomorrow

It should work afterwards, unless the firmware you installed was not correct for the model you are changing it to. Either way, I'd probably run the firmware again after changing it just to be sure.

kingarthur
07-05-2022, 04:50 PM
tbh, if a surge has wiped out PCBs, then the customer should claim on their insurance and replace the machine...you could replace the PCBs, but who knows what will go wrong in a month...6 months

rrrohan
07-06-2022, 12:45 AM
tbh, if a surge has wiped out PCBs, then the customer should claim on their insurance and replace the machine...you could replace the PCBs, but who knows what will go wrong in a month...6 months

they did go via insurance and insurance went with the cheapest option, spend $1000 or so on parts/labour

kingarthur
07-06-2022, 11:09 AM
they did go via insurance and insurance went with the cheapest option, spend $1000 or so on parts/labour

Ouch - i wouldn't have given the option :)

rrrohan
07-08-2022, 06:51 PM
well i did have machine type set correctly but on 2nd attempt it did act like it recovered the data.

but then when it booted up i got TPM error and it thought it side LCT tray and told me to replace K drum and nothing i change in CE Mode actualy saved after a reboot so im thinking the SSD is RIP

Custom Search