PDA

View Full Version : Firmware For Konica Minolta Bizhub C550

Custom Search

bableprint@gmail.com
07-05-2022, 05:02 PM
Hi,
I got Error Code C163
Any one who have Firmware for Konica Minolta Bizhub C550 Please?
My Email: bableprint@gmail.com

With Warm Regards,

emujo2
07-05-2022, 05:36 PM
Yeah..good luck with this..The C550 requires a very antiquated CF card, and the firmware tool to write the F/w to the card, and I do not think the f/w tool will run on Win 10..Time to upgrade. Ed

femaster
07-05-2022, 06:12 PM
Yeah..good luck with this..The C550 requires a very antiquated CF card, and the firmware tool to write the F/w to the card, and I do not think the f/w tool will run on Win 10..Time to upgrade. Ed

I'm with you on this one. Unless they have a proper CF card, the tool to write the firmware to the CF card, and an old enough PC running an antiquated version of Windows, they are out of luck.

I believe that the firmware tool does "run" on all versions of Windows, but it definitely does not "work" on all of them. On newer versions of Windows the tool can not properly write to the CF card. I believe that the last official version of Windows that the Firmware Imaging Toolkit supported was XP, though I think that it did work on the 32-bit version of Windows Vista also. It might work on 32-bit Windows 7, but I don't recall for sure. It does not work on any version of Win 8 or newer.

techsxge
07-05-2022, 10:12 PM
I'm with you on this one. Unless they have a proper CF card, the tool to write the firmware to the CF card, and an old enough PC running an antiquated version of Windows, they are out of luck.

I believe that the firmware tool does "run" on all versions of Windows, but it definitely does not "work" on all of them. On newer versions of Windows the tool can not properly write to the CF card. I believe that the last official version of Windows that the Firmware Imaging Toolkit supported was XP, though I think that it did work on the 32-bit version of Windows Vista also. It might work on 32-bit Windows 7, but I don't recall for sure. It does not work on any version of Win 8 or newer.
Well, there are two options for him: Run the program in compatibility mode within windows 10 (right click, properties, compatibility) or set up a local vm with either hyperv or vmware

Synthohol
07-06-2022, 12:22 AM
any laptop with a built-in CF card slot is old enough to do the job ;)

copier tech
07-06-2022, 08:12 AM
Hi,
I got Error Code C163
Any one who have Firmware for Konica Minolta Bizhub C550 Please?
My Email: bableprint@gmail.com

With Warm Regards,

Happy to help, drop us an email.

Do you have the C550 or the C550i ?

Printer & Copier Firmware - www.printerfirmware.co.uk (http://www.printerFirmware.co.uk)

femaster
07-06-2022, 02:05 PM
Well, there are two options for him: Run the program in compatibility mode within windows 10 (right click, properties, compatibility) or set up a local vm with either hyperv or vmware

We've tried compatibility mode, and it still wasn't able to properly write to the card. The last time we had to use a CF card, our IT guy installed a copy of Windows XP in a virtual machine on our server and even then had to pull a lot of strings to get it to write the card correctly. It's not worth the headache.

JasonSBE
07-08-2022, 02:02 AM
If you're not able to update with a CF card(I always had trouble doing so on these and the C353 series, even when CF cards were abundant), you may consider trying Internet ISW on a laptop plugged directly into the MFP with manual network settings. I was able to successfully update many C650/C353 series machines using this method, though it is a bit of a pain to get the settings right.

rrrohan
07-08-2022, 03:47 AM
contribute to the forum first:D

Synaux
07-12-2022, 05:16 AM
We've tried compatibility mode, and it still wasn't able to properly write to the card. The last time we had to use a CF card, our IT guy installed a copy of Windows XP in a virtual machine on our server and even then had to pull a lot of strings to get it to write the card correctly. It's not worth the headache.
I am 99.9% pretty-kinda-sure the tool works in win7.
USB CF card readers are still around and he might still be able to find these somewhere (only card I know works--DO NOT format!):
The OP is claiming to be from Ethiopia. Machine is probably from the EU or the states.
I strongly suggest contributing to the site and I will shake some of the dust off some folders try to remember what the latest version is and send it. :rolleyes:

femaster
07-13-2022, 12:15 AM
I am 99.9% pretty-kinda-sure the tool works in win7.
USB CF card readers are still around and he might still be able to find these somewhere (only card I know works--DO NOT format!):
:rolleyes:

Yeah, I am also fairly certain that the software does work in Windows 7, provided you have the 32-bit version. I don't think it was compatible with Win 7 64-bit. And as you said, and it that can't be stressed enough, DO NOT EVER FORMAT the CF card in Windows, no matter how much Windows cries that the CF card needs to be, just don't!

Custom Search