PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 25e - incompatible drum

Custom Search

zodiaco
07-05-2022, 09:30 PM
Dear all, I am having this issue with my Bizhub 25e (Muratec):

I installed a brand new drum cartridge, after the printer stopped printing and gave me the "install new drum" error. However, despite installing a 100% genuine KM drum, I now get the error code "incompatible drum". The drum cartridge fits right in and is brand new. I tried swapping out the chips, but now I get the "replace drum" error with the new drum, also.

What can I do? Is there a way to manually reset the drum counter, so I can use the new drum?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Darius

scanmc
07-05-2022, 09:45 PM
Dear all, I am having this issue with my Bizhub 25e (Muratec):

I installed a brand new drum cartridge, after the printer stopped printing and gave me the "install new drum" error. However, despite installing a 100% genuine KM drum, I now get the error code "incompatible drum". The drum cartridge fits right in and is brand new. I tried swapping out the chips, but now I get the "replace drum" error with the new drum, also.

What can I do? Is there a way to manually reset the drum counter, so I can use the new drum?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Darius

I know that I tried a Muratec MFX3530 series drum in a Konica 25e at one point along the way and got that message. They are the physically the same drum but different chips. I ordered some chips off of Alibaba for the toner & drum reset but only used the one for the toner reset so far. The replace toner message on the display didn't go away, but when I printed out the machine info report the toner level was at 100%. The machines have been working but like I said the error message remains. I can mail you a reset chip for the drum unit if you PM me your address

allan
07-05-2022, 09:50 PM
Had this. I think its a regional limitation. The chip will not work because the distribution region does not match is my guess. Get a chip locally and it should work just fine. Did not make sense to me the drums works just fine where they were order from but not where I am. Sent them back and they worked. Supplier told me I was mad.

techsxge
07-05-2022, 10:19 PM
I get these issues every once in a while when swapping drums of different brands even after changing chip. Either they are not physically the same, net set in right or i need to do a trouble reset once.
I believe taking the machine off power for like 30 minutes can also do the trick but dont realy want to wait this long at customers site. If i remember correctly there might even be a software switch, but i am not too sure abt that

copyman
07-06-2022, 01:40 AM
I've had this before. The drum chips are really sensitive and may just be bad. There is no cheating with this model, with good new chip and drum is ready to reset it will ask if you are using new or used drum.
If you switch the chip from used drum the count will follow. No soft switch to reset / turn off message in this Muratec made box.

I also haven't had good luck with the aftermarket drum or toner reset chips.

Please let us know how you make out.

copyman
07-06-2022, 01:45 AM
I know that I tried a Muratec MFX3530 series drum in a Konica 25e at one point along the way and got that message. They are the physically the same drum but different chips. I ordered some chips off of Alibaba for the toner & drum reset but only used the one for the toner reset so far. The replace toner message on the display didn't go away, but when I printed out the machine info report the toner level was at 100%. The machines have been working but like I said the error message remains. I can mail you a reset chip for the drum unit if you PM me your address

Hi, The drum reset chip may work but like you I didn't have any luck with the aftermarket toner chips. Same thing, had to tell customer to disregard the yellow light and replace toner message. This with "refilled" toner & new aftermarket chip. The company I buy the refill toner from stopped including the chips because they didn't work.

About a month back a customers Biz 25e stopped working and I was looking every where online for Drum chips because I couldn't find a new drum anywhere in USA. Finally I found a drum but if you have a chip or two to sell please PM me.

Hansoon
07-06-2022, 03:19 AM
My chip supplier withdraw all his chips for the 25e because of this issue.

Hans

techsxge
07-06-2022, 07:56 AM
looking for this?
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (https://imgur.com/a/rV1FWky)

copyman
07-06-2022, 12:32 PM
looking for this?
Imgur: The magic of the Internet (https://imgur.com/a/rV1FWky)

Ok, Not sure how this helps? That link shows picture of a chip not even for the Biz 25e. The 25e chips look totally different, bigger & more square..... And most likely the chips wont even work as was posted in this thread.

techsxge
07-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Ok, Not sure how this helps? That link shows picture of a chip not even for the Biz 25e. The 25e chips look totally different, bigger & more square..... And most likely the chips wont even work as was posted in this thread.
That is why i asked. When i check in my dealers site and search for biz 25, this is what shows up

Custom Search