PDA

View Full Version : DI 3510f scan to pc

Custom Search

poz31
01-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I got a Konicaminolta DI 3010F……….

Copier connected with print controller and the scan option (the one to scan to ip)
Costumer do not want set up scan to email, but the need to scan to desktop
I usually connect to the email but never have done the scan to desktop (pc)
Any special driver that I might need???
Any software (pagescope cabinet)????
Should I set it up trough pagescope light??
Any special steps I need to take in consideration????????
Thanxxx

Sean486
01-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Ip Scanner requires a program that must be load on the client PC. I am not a big fan of it. I would recommend doing Scan to FTP with that model. (It doesn't do Scan to SMB.)

TheOwl
01-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Sean486 is right. The best option for you is 'Scan to FTP'. You can setup TWAIN scanning, but this is rather annoying to setup and explain how to use.

Instead of using PageScope Cabinet, install Microsoft IIS with the FTP component if you are using a PRO / Server edition of Windows or any (i think) version of Vista. It is inbuilt into these versions Windows and is a lot more stable than PS Cabinet.

It is alot easier for the customer as you don't have to start any applications before they can scan.

Once IIS is installed, you can set the path where all the files get saved. If you want a folder on your desktop, then no worries. If you wanted go one further and install IIS on a server, then you could make shared out so everyone had access to it.

Hope this helps.

Custom Search